Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    sometimes I wish the west side of US2 looked like that on a pow day.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    You live over here?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    You may get the same effect for a while, with the bridge damage. I'd be doing the party dance right now if I were an eastside dweller.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    You live over here?
    No, but I have friends that do, and would happily drive Blewett to Wenatchee for a few days.

If any of you are in Seattle this afternoon/ evening, and looking for something avalanche-related to do, I am speaking at the NWAC/ REI Going Deeper series: http://www.nwac.us/education/nwac-classes/workshops/

What was Baker like today?

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post
    I'm gonna guess "crowded".

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    You may get the same effect for a while, with the bridge damage. I'd be doing the party dance right now if I were an eastside dweller.
    Oh yeah... hopefully it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by irratator View Post

but

In conclusion: Ullr, send more snow plz!
    Last edited by pipedream; 11-19-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    In conclusion: Ullr, send more snow plz!
    Any time baker says 'machine groomed" in the snow report, you know its hard and icy...

If any of you are in Seattle this afternoon/ evening, and looking for something avalanche-related to do, I am speaking at the NWAC/ REI Going Deeper series: http://www.nwac.us/education/nwac-classes/workshops/
    Dang, just saw this, I might have gone.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Looks like the DOT got their chores done and 410 is clear. Southern resort opens tomorrow with Green Valley only.

Is it wrong that last season left me with such a low bar of expectations that I'm kind of excited at the prospect of a long gondi line and even longer GV line for meh skiing?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I always thought long lines are helpful for resting the legs between chattery laps in the early season. Should be a nice day in the sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Dang, just saw this, I might have gone.
    Scott from nwac is planning to post up a pdf of the presentation somewhere on their website. It was fun , we had 90 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Looks like the DOT got their chores done and 410 is clear. Southern resort opens tomorrow with Green Valley only.

Is it wrong that last season left me with such a low bar of expectations that I'm kind of excited at the prospect of a long gondi line and even longer GV line for meh skiing?
    They only just filed A lot. Gondy loaded at 8.15. Pretty good skiing in GV. Downloaded then went for a very pleasant tour from the base up to top of silver basin.

Very low aggro factor. Minimum shitshow. Very pleasant suprise. Beautiful clear day very big inversion, good snow probably won't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Anybody skiing tomorrow? Wife is letting me sneak out and I don't know where I should go. Tour or lifts? Crystal?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Technically AK is the northern-most and western-most state in the USA, and borders the Pacific
    So what else ya got
    I got on this late, but AK is also the easternmost state. Attu is on the other side of the line.

Sounds like Crystal has some of the best conditions in the state now. Baker is crusty and Rainier was variable today, 0-6" over ice.

I'm headed to crystal tomorrow. Seems a little early in the season for the big bros but it's that or kusalas with dynafits.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Sounds like Crystal has some of the best conditions in the state now. Baker is crusty and Rainier was variable today, 0-6" over ice.
    Rainier did indeed rattle fillings. Decent in Edith where the sun went to work.

Took a buddy up on a ride to the northern resort today, bummer to hear I should've followed my heart and gone south. But a day in the mountains is still a day in the mountains and while there were more folks out I still never waited in a lift line (although I did wait 5-10 mins at the bottom of 6 for ops to turn the engine over at lunchtime), bagged plenty of laps for the cost of admission and even found some air off the variety of sidehits dotting the inbounds terrain. Worst wait of the day was WB 542 where it's down to one lane before Glacier. WSDOT's making good progress with repairs there, but it still added 30 mins the trip home.

Spoke with a group of tourons returning from Artist Point this afternoon - they said it was worth the effort in the sun but not so much in the shade. Despite the temperature inversion (it was 45F atop Pan Dome at 10am!), coverage is holding with only a few more rocks and sticks poking out since Thurs. Groomers are continuing to work their magic, delivering results which greatly exceed expectations. Chatted on the chair with a pro 'troller today who confirmed my suspicions - there's more snow on the ground now than they ever had last season. With a little more in the forecast for early next week, things should be sliding just fine for the long Turkey Day weekend.

w000000000000000000000000t. heading up to Crustal with the family. It's like Christmas morning....I'm jazzed.

Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-22-2015 at 08:06 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Rad day out with Mofro and Z-bo

... and a few more from the next day.

Ashford loc-dogs:

Damn, y'all getting into stuff that I took a hard look at last year but haven't had a chance to ski yet. Nice pics, would be fun to meet up sometime this season.