Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1523
    How is that even possible? I thought Tanner Hall was dead

Y'all Bend folk should to check out my cousins debut as a guest brewer at Silver Moon. His beer is called Mark of the Yeast. Apparently it is a hit and they plan on keeping it in rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Thanks for keeping the stoke on fatkid. Its all right to call you fatkid? Maybe I can drag the tBs up to Hood in July. Ok now back to driving a truck. I would never text and truck.
    No Problem. Yep, fatkid or fatty will both get my attention. Though you may not be able to pick me out of a lineup on that descriptor alone…..
    As always, let me know if you and TBS are headed my way; I’ll do what I can to get out and ride. My Bday is coming up, so the missus might just have to let me out again.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I actually can't ski this weekend cause I forgot my skins, but next weekend when i meet up with my buddy and after I can. I can also do some weekdays fatkid, I'll pm ya later.
    Sounds good, M-W are usually best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Woah, no way! That's a pretty special party to partake in, mr. fatkid.
    Seriously. I was pretty humbled. By the skiing, of course, but also the down-to-earth attitudes. I sat around for hours talking about what I love: skiing. With people who also LOVE SKIING. And because I asked…the consensus of the party is: Revelstoke.
    I mean…..the consensus was that revelstoke sucked the hardest….. you don’t want to go there. It’s not like whistler without crowds, its like a pres-day-weekend at Jay Peak, thats what everybody said.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    How is that even possible? I thought Tanner Hall was dead
    Hmmmmm….. not sure how to answer that one. Was it an apparition? He seemed real enough to me.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

NSR, but the wife and I looking for a non-crowded place (or less crowded, let’s be honest) to go camping this weekend. We have a Subaru, so dirt roads, fire roads etc are chill, but not 4x4. We’re willing to drive a few hours from Portland, though we aren’t thinking about backpacking in. Anyone have an idea?

Lake or river-side would be ideal, but not mandatory.

mckenzie bridge is about 2.5hrs from PDX and the river is supposed to be quite pretty up there

(i hope you're thinking of arriving Thurs, cuz holiday weekend spots are going to be tough & traffic leaving town Fri will be shitty)

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    mckenzie bridge is about 2.5hrs from PDX and the river is supposed to be quite pretty up there

(i hope you're thinking of arriving Thurs, cuz holiday weekend spots are going to be tough & traffic leaving town Fri will be shitty)

or, not as far, hideaway lake (btwn timothy lake & the clackamas)

[edit to add] the whole length of the oak grove fork has pull off spots against the river btwn 224 & timothy lake, maybe you can find a slot in there some where (not developed camp grounds, just spots in the forest off the road on the river side)
    Last edited by acinpdx; 06-27-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Yeah, we can't leave til either late Friday or early Saturday. So we are going to be gambling a bit on getting spots.

Can you camp on the trail up to south Sister, preferably below treeline, if you're leaving from Devils Lake? Saw the tay mt. bachelor post that south sister was melting out fast and I was hoping to bag it before it does. Also don't want to wake up super early to beat the crowds and have corn run turn into mush.

There are places along the white river to camp. Or just dump into Maupin and find a place
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    There are places along the white river to camp. Or just dump into Maupin and find a place
    Yea, but I'm returning from the south on the 3rd(plan to hit crater lake & diamond peak) and was hoping to hike in a little bit.

The best way to get an early start on South is to go up the day before you want to summit. Just hike up to Moraine lake and camp there or camp at timberline along the Devils Lake trail.

You may have to melt snow for water if you can't carry enough. That is unless you camp at the lake and the lake has open water. I have camped at timberline on the Devils Lake Trail and it shaved a 1000 feet of climbing off the next day, when we climbed the peak. A big plus! We left our camping gear stowed where we slept, the day we summited. We then picked up that gear on the way back to the car. Also a plus.
    Last edited by snojones; 06-28-2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: needed clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    The best way to get an early start on South is to go up the day before you want to summit. Just hike up to Moraine lake and camp there or camp at timberline along the Devils Lake trail.

You may have to melt snow for water if you can't carry enough. That is unless you camp at the lake and the lake has open water. I have camped at timberline on the Devils Lake Trail and it shaved a 1000 feet of climbing off the next day, when we climbed the peak. A big plus! We left our camping gear stowed where we slept, the day we summited. We then picked up that gear on the way back to the car. Also a plus.
    Yea, this is what I am hoping to do, I just wasn't sure if camping on the trail is prohibited and enforced. This is also what i usually do when I ski the southwest chutes, camp on the ridge on the traverse @ 7k'. Thanks

Anybody want to hike at timberline tomorrow? I got a pass from the wife for the day. Nothing crazy, ill saddle or so. Promised wifey that the rope would stay home.

any central OR folks have any conditions news on hiking up south sister next week?
    the boy is going with his scout troop
    (no skiing, just backpacking)

Anybody wants to do some laps above Palmer this weekend if the weather is okay?

any central OR folks have any conditions news on hiking up south sister next week?
    the boy is going with his scout troop
    (no skiing, just backpacking)
    Bachelor has a live webcam pointed directly at South Sister:
    http://www.mtbachelor.com/live-cams/

Looks like probably good hiking conditions. I'd guess some snow on the trail further up but not a ton, and probably a well worn boot pack. Weather looks like rain/t-storms Sun/Mon but otherwise pretty decent. Maybe a bit cool up high.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...4#.V4l5JDcXKHY
    http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea...forecasts/2500

Had an epic day on Hood on 7/6, climbed and rode Cooper Spur/NE face. A line that's been on my radar for a looooong time. Very stoked. Full TR with a bazillion pics here.

Here's a couple:

Looks fun. Can't find the time to get up there.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Wow, good read! Congrats on a stellar solo day!

Its been awhile I should have one.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    Had an epic day on Hood on 7/6, climbed and rode Cooper Spur/NE face. A line that's been on my radar for a looooong time. Very stoked. Full TR with a bazillion pics here.

Here's a couple:

nice! well done. I like this pic from your link
    Name:  IMG_9798.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  152.8 KB

Sage just posted this to his FB ripping Bachelor last year...:

I just booked my trip for March 17th to the 28th... I will have 4 full days of skiing solo before my wife and two step sons come... The oldest is turning 16 in March and has been begging for a trip to Bach... Going old school for the days when solo as I will be holding up in the flea bag Days Inn...

Regardless I have started the count down...!

Look insane!

FKNA boys.... we are close.

Heyo, checkin in here with hopes of sliding on a few Orygunnion slopes this year. Yeep!