Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    they come for the groomers...

Need an update, folks! With the recent warmup, how are Bachy and Hoodoo holding up? Icy? Corny? I'm finally able to get back on skis, and am jonesing for some turns this weekend. Should I take a bike ride instead? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Need an update, folks! With the recent warmup, how are Bachy and Hoodoo holding up? Icy? Corny? I'm finally able to get back on skis, and am jonesing for some turns this weekend. Should I take a bike ride instead? Help!

No corn yet. but icy then sticky shreddy slop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-10-23-27-15.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	644.7 KB 
ID:	176595

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Man, I'm kind of amazed at the number of pros I have met/run into on Bach.
    Really? Pros love all the natural features of Bachy. Seems like more pros than ever ride Mt. Bachelor on the regular.

Thanks, that has me leaning toward the bike.

Hey that's s nice shot
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Sweet switch buda carve.....
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Homepage shot is sweet too
    You know what to do

Wonder how long this takes to fix:

""Rainbow will be out of commission due to a bearing failure at the top bull wheel. Planning for the repair is underway and we will provide information on when we expect the lift to return to service as soon as we can." "

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Homepage shot is sweet too
    saw that one on IG...nice
    you in that shot (yellow jacket)? or are you behind the camera?

I was shooting. Made him put on my jacket cause he was in black. Worked real nice .
    You know what to do

Good times at Bachelor this weekend! Jonesy, thanks for the lesson. After 22 years on a snowboard, things have changed in the skiing world. Multiple decades riding sideways "aside"...turning these new ski's is different. I'll be working on the tips you showed me!

TBS, sorry I missed you. We were on the early train and had left the mountain by mid-day. Taco's and beers at Crux > buying food at the lodge.

Beers on me at some point the next two weekends!

My son made more progress this weekend. I am thinking I am still years away from tearing it up with him on the slopes...but progress is good. (At this point, I'd enjoy riding Sunrise with him...Carousel is starting to get on my nerves...End of this season is the target for Sunrise!!!)

Now...for winter to return...

Always a good time puma. Will get some pow skiing in next time. :-)
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Yo Hood area mags, I have 2 free vouchers for Ski Bowl up for grabs (but not good on saturdays?) that I won't be using. If anybody wants them I can drop them in the mail.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Roger dodger.
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Yo Hood area mags, I have 2 free vouchers for Ski Bowl up for grabs (but not good on saturdays?) that I won't be using. If anybody wants them I can drop them in the mail.
    Just sent a PM your way

i'd be interested to know, too. i pretty much shot my wad at alpental but you never know. gotta meet the locals.

Stoaked for the bachy spring pass! I'm looking forward to some spring trips after not so great luck last weekend. Ended up skinning Tumalo on Saturday and then spending alot of time at the breweries on Sunday and Monday after driving up and the lady at the ticket window saying it wasn't worth it both days. I'm normally not one to bail for shitty conditions but it was blowing hard up top with only a few lifts running so it was hard to justify an $85 ticket or whatever crazy amount they were.

This AM was surprisingly fun at Mt B. Colder temps, calm winds and 3-6" of fresh on ice skied really nice 'til the wind started picking up ~1100.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Wonder how long this takes to fix:

""Rainbow will be out of commission due to a bearing failure at the top bull wheel. Planning for the repair is underway and we will provide information on when we expect the lift to return to service as soon as we can." "
    Heard today that the only available parts are attached to an existing but unused lift - in Croatia. And there's some concern that the entire bullwheel (not just bearings) must be replaced. So think about getting that assembly off an abandoned chair in some out-of-the-way place in a semi-backward country, then transport it to the west coast, then up to MtB, then install.

Ima guessing August 15

Sooooo when will the next epic fail bachelor us.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    This AM was surprisingly fun at Mt B. Colder temps, calm winds and 3-6" of fresh on ice skied really nice 'til the wind started picking up ~1100.

Heard today that the only available parts are attached to an existing but unused lift - in Croatia. And there's some concern that the entire bullwheel (not just bearings) must be replaced. So think about getting that assembly off an abandoned chair in some out-of-the-way place in a semi-backward country, then transport it to the west coast, then up to MtB, then install.

Ima guessing August 15
    Well that Fing blows... It looks like I will not be hitting that area for my return trip in late March... What really sucks is my wife will be skiing 4 out of the 6 days we are there and loves that area... I hate that chair, but damn is that area fun when it dumps and delivered for me the one day it snowed when I was there 2 weeks ago...

Jonsey, I will def hit you up when I am back in March to see if we can do a few laps... I am doing physical therapy now for the back and should be 100% this time...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Ima guessing August 15
    I know I am just dreaming here...as I am sure the cost to repair is MUCH lower than the quad they were talking about...but I wish they'd just bite the bullet and put the new quad in and forget about the Rainbow repairs. These guys never fail to impress with new low's...

i hope someone's hitting MHM this morning -- today is this month's lottery winner
    i gotta pay da bills today

thinking bachy is in the spring plan just not sure exactly when

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i hope someone's hitting MHM this morning -- today is this month's lottery winner
    i gotta pay da bills today
    Truth. I'm at my computer drooling over the forecast and snow reports. If this storm plays out like they're saying it should be a good weekend.

MHM spring pass just went on sale $139 ($99 if you are 24 or under)
    this is pretty early -- I don't remember a pre-March first release in the last 8yrs or so

bachy spring pass not far behind?
    Last edited by acinpdx; 02-19-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    MHM spring pass just went on sale $139 ($99 if you are 24 or under)
    this is pretty early -- I don't remember a pre-March first release in the last 8yrs or so

bachy spring pass not far behind?
    Thank god. I picked the wrong season to have a life/financial crisis.

Now I just need Scott to finish my ski's.
    Training for Alpental