Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61
Results 1,501 to 1,523 of 1523
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I LOVE making the same exact turns in the same exact spot run after run and seeing nothing but untracked...Stoked!
    one of my favorite things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    probably not just because i wouldn't be able to do anything if at all until late spring and i will shoot my financial and escape wads to get to alpental.

one of these years we'll cross paths.
    Perhaps late spring this year. Best of luck with the rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Raging Storm skiing. When it snows so hard it gets dark out and by the time you unload there's 2 inches on your lap. Free refills from your last lap. You hear an occasional whoop in the the trees. I'm ready puma.
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I LOVE making the same exact turns in the same exact spot run after run and seeing nothing but untracked...Stoked!

<< Viking Snow Call>> {{{{{}}}}}{{{{}}}}{{{{}}}}

did i miss the orgy last year?

oops!

Where is that delicate little flower. Is he back in County again.

There were rumors in town but I didn't know he went full polypolyasshat. You'll see, he'll come back like nothing ever happened. Considering BBI to far ahead to tell. Would be a hoot.

Sup guys. Ice coaster here that got roped into a trip to hood river the beginning of November. From what I've seen there no skiing to be had just yet. Will that be full on stick season or will there be any foliage hanging on? I was thinking of doing some hiking along the PCT, maybe 2 day trips...... we just plan on eating, drinking, and having hourly safety meetings. Anyone have any recs for places to hike? Maybe get some views of mt. Hood and mt. St. Helens? Any good restaurants/ breweries local?

2015-2016 ORYGUN - Bach, Hood, A-Lakes, Wallowa, HooDoo, Wilamette, etc

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Sup guys. Ice coaster here that got roped into a trip to hood river the beginning of November. From what I've seen there no skiing to be had just yet. Will that be full on stick season or will there be any foliage hanging on? I was thinking of doing some hiking along the PCT, maybe 2 day trips...... we just plan on eating, drinking, and having hourly safety meetings. Anyone have any recs for places to hike? Maybe get some views of mt. Hood and mt. St. Helens? Any good restaurants/ breweries local?
    Leaves are probably done at that point. Lots of good hikes with great views if the weather allows.

I like angels rest (closer to pdx) and dog mountain (dog Creek falls is nearby too) for some exercise.

Cooper Spur/cloud Cap trail is worthwhile if the weather allows.

Easy walk to see Catherine Creek arch with views of the gorge.

Eagle Creek has great waterfalls if the water flow is up (which it should be). For that matter, you could just chase waterfalls in this area and spend days hitting them. Might be fun...
    waterfallsnorthwest.com

Mt Adams is nearby too. Call up the ranger station by trout lake and ask about good walks in that zone

MTB is an option too if it's not a soaker

Also check portlandhikers.com for hike ideas

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Leaves are probably done at that point. Lots of good hikes with great views if the weather allows.

I like angels rest (closer to pdx) and dog mountain (dog Creek falls is nearby too) for some exercise.

Cooper Spur/cloud Cap trail is worthwhile if the weather allows.

Easy walk to see Catherine Creek arch with views of the gorge.

Eagle Creek has great waterfalls if the water flow is up (which it should be). For that matter, you could just chase waterfalls in this area and spend days hitting them. Might be fun...
    waterfallsnorthwest.com

Mt Adams is nearby too. Call up the ranger station by trout lake and ask about good walks in that zone

MTB is an option too if it's not a soaker

Also check portlandhikers.com for hike ideas
    Awesome. Thanks for all the info. I'm looking forward to getting out there. Thought it would just be a perk if it was still peeping season. Hopefully the weather holds out. If not I'll be down to do a good amount of drinking!!!

Double Mountain NEEDS to come into play. Good pizza, good beer. Pfriem is also a must. Tougher to get a seat, but great beer. If Pfriem is too packed, the pizza place a block away usually has a good tap list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bachelor.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	190378

I like the look of that. I also like the short term:
    ---
    Today
    Snow showers. High near 38. Windy, with a southwest wind 26 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
    Tonight
    Snow showers. Low around 31. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
    Tuesday
    Snow likely before 11am, then a chance of snow showers after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
    Tuesday Night
    A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 9 to 11 mph becoming south in the evening.
    ---

Long term...not so much, but I like to think of it as base building...

by the cams, even MHM has a white base at the moment....

As a Meadows pass holder I am more then gullible enough to pay for a day pass to ski Palmer when this clears and the sun comes out.
    Training for Alpental

well, wed night snow level is climbing back above 8000', so get after it

altho you may have to skin up...not sure lifts are running now

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    well, wed night snow level is climbing back above 8000', so get after it

altho you may have to skin up...not sure lifts are running now
    Hello Gentlemen, always good to see the usual faces.

Anybody else planning to skin Palmer on Wed Morning?
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Hi All, Just created an account on here. Managed to get the same handle I use on TAY and NS. Low snow level has me feeling extra stoked today.

I have been lift served on Palmer after a early season dump like this a few years ago. Pretty sure it was the first time I rode my Vicik's. I would bet that if the rope is still on the sheaves they will be spinning.

Welcome OregonDead. I use the SN Session on NS.

Somebody start a 16/17 thread for fuck sakes.
    Training for Alpental

In 1314 and 1415 I bought my Fusion pass for preseason price and used it the same day in early October. Everything has to align just right for an early opening though. Needs to be Friday-Saturday with no undone maintenance and good weather on the snow-field. Oh and enough snow too. Looks like there is probably enough snow now but the weather is pretty iffy. Still thinking about waxing up some skis this week.

Purely hypothetical, but would bachelor open if the snows come, and the forecast looks favorable for a while? I believe in years long ago, they would open when the snows come. Curious if that is the case with current ownership...? I like 40 inches at mid mountain...

Highly unlikely. Nov 19 I believe is their target date. No luv 4 locals.

shouldn't somebody start a new thread? i won't but still

New thread is here (thanks Tap!): http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ct-Tape-Thread

Parting shot from last year:

And picking my way down through the fog, which basically summed up my whole season: https://www.instagram.com/p/_kju7oK2Fr/