Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Still a little boney here at Mt B, THE Southern Resort of the PNW

But note the tracks
    Hopefully, this week's storms will fill that in and some cone laps can be had
    Shredded the Cone last week, wtf?

I will wear it w pride as a sub standarded skier.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447706401.429618.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	171935

Day trip to Willamette Pass this season.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Day trip to Willamette Pass this season.
    Nothing better then Willamette; Midweek, cold, ft of fresh: yes.

Thats right. Taught there in early 80s

As much as I hate the shorter weeks they do set up potential big Wednesdays at the pass and Thursdays at Hoodoo

A mini?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Glad to see this thread started. Nice to hear the northern folk are making there way down to ride with the B team. As a solid C player on the team, I plan to be over there for this invasion of the A team baker and family! I've heard the legends, it will be time to see new legends made this winter.

I'll be over there for Thanksgiving. If nothing else, I'll hike to the top of THE cone just for the exercise! As is always the case, I will be leveraging the stellar breweries of the region to remain hydrated. I will also be flexing my rights as a citizen of this fine state and implementing a rigorous program of frequent safety breaks.
    On Friday Jonesy guaranteed Tacocat and me that Mt B will open 11/25. He was evasive over whether there will be more than Thunderbird WROD and OMX open. I'm up for cone laps once there's 2' down - that way I only hit shark fins every other lap. I'm not as core as Irritator

We gotta meet for beers and exchange safety materials when you are here.

^^^Q-Dawg!
    Still sportin the fauxHawk?

Any of you B team busters up for a walk on Sunday?

I'll even bring some beers to accompany the rad gnar of skiing grass and rocks.

Shoot me a PM to get rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Any of you B team busters up for a walk on Sunday?
    Where you thinking about walking? Interesting forecast for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    On Friday Jonesy guaranteed Tacocat and me that Mt B will open 11/25. He was evasive over whether there will be more than Thunderbird WROD and OMX open. I'm up for cone laps once there's 2' down - that way I only hit shark fins every other lap. I'm not as core as Irritator

We gotta meet for beers and exchange safety materials when you are here.
    Jonesy is a wise man. I'd not bet against an opening for Thanksgiving. I share your concern over what is actually open...but believe something will be! Classic base building weather incoming...

Looking forward to catching up over the long weekend!

4 pages and no mention of Spout Springs. Never been on a lift there but it's a fun place to do skin laps on the way to and from WAH

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Where you thinking about walking? Interesting forecast for the rest of the week.
    go high or go north
    freezing level is bouncing around thru the weekend, never really settling below 5500

Seven inches of base building glop at Bachey last night! More on the way!

Look farther up north!

"NOV. 16, 2015
    MT. BAKER WILL OPEN THURSDAY NOV. 19th! It's currently 26 degrees and storming HARD at the mountain! We've had 5 inches of new snow in the last 4 hours and the National Weather Service is calling for up to 1-2 feet by tomorrow.
    We currently have 36 inches of snow base at Heather Meadows and 64 inches of snow on top of Pan Dome! We should see a warmup tomorrow but then temperatures are expected to drop back down to 1,000-feet by Wednesday with additional snow.
    It's going to take us a couple of days to get prepared - we'll be out on the mountain with snowcats and snowmobiles Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday grooming, setting up rope lines and infrastructure and getting everything ready for Thursday. There will also be heavy equipment in the parking lots and roads as we prepare. Please give our crew and equipment LOTS of space for your safety and ours."

Baker Thursday promises to be fresh pow and blue bird day.

A road trip anyone?

I will be leaving Wed-afternoon to ski Baker on Thursday and Friday, and head on over to Whistler BC for the weekend and driving back on Sunday night. It was a spur of the moment decision and now I’m scrambling. All my regulars are committed to doing other BS.

Cost wise, skiing at Baker is free if you got the MHM pass. Skiing at W/B is also free if you purchased their edge card in the spring. Lodging wise, I can make it dirt cheap for you – I have secured a 2-bedroom ocean view condo for Wed/Thursday night and we can slum it at Hi-Whistler hostel in the Olympic village where Olympic athletes stayed.

Come on, fellows, there is at least one of you who can make a quick decision to hit the road at moment’s notice. Baker and Whistler is the only game in town/PNW! If you can commit and let me know by tonight and I will take care of the rest. Let ’s hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Look farther up north!

"NOV. 16, 2015
    MT. BAKER WILL OPEN THURSDAY NOV. 19th! It's currently 26 degrees and storming HARD at the mountain! We've had 5 inches of new snow in the last 4 hours and the National Weather Service is calling for up to 1-2 feet by tomorrow.
    We currently have 36 inches of snow base at Heather Meadows and 64 inches of snow on top of Pan Dome! We should see a warmup tomorrow but then temperatures are expected to drop back down to 1,000-feet by Wednesday with additional snow.
    It's going to take us a couple of days to get prepared - we'll be out on the mountain with snowcats and snowmobiles Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday grooming, setting up rope lines and infrastructure and getting everything ready for Thursday. There will also be heavy equipment in the parking lots and roads as we prepare. Please give our crew and equipment LOTS of space for your safety and ours."

Baker Thursday promises to be fresh pow and blue bird day.

A road trip anyone?

I will be leaving Wed-afternoon to ski Baker on Thursday and Friday, and head on over to Whistler BC for the weekend and driving back on Sunday night. It was a spur of the moment decision and now I’m scrambling. All my regulars are committed to doing other BS.

Cost wise, skiing at Baker is free if you got the MHM pass. Skiing at W/B is also free if you purchased their edge card in the spring. Lodging wise, I can make it dirt cheap for you – I have secured a 2-bedroom ocean view condo for Wed/Thursday night and we can slum it at Hi-Whistler hostel in the Olympic village where Olympic athletes stayed.

Come on, fellows, there is at least one of you who can make a quick decision to hit the road at moment’s notice. Baker and Whistler is the only game in town/PNW! If you can commit and let me know by tonight and I will take care of the rest. Let ’s hit it.
    Damn. Well played. I am envious. This is VERY far outside of the realm of possibility for me. I will be looking for the TR so that I can live vicariously through your early season road trip!!!

Look farther up north!
    Let ’s hit it.
    sounds like a great spur of the moment trip. i wish i had that kind of flexibility. what do you for work that lets allows that kind of freedom?

edit to add: hell, anybody want to answer this question? what do you all do for work? i just started my first legit career-y office gig-- a monday-to-friday 8:30-5 type of thing-- a handful of months ago and i think i might be going a little crazy. do you all just suck it up and put your heads down and charge hard on the weekends or have i made a horrible life-numbing decision?!
    Last edited by orange; 11-17-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    sounds like a great spur of the moment trip. i wish i had that kind of flexibility. what do you for work that lets allows that kind of freedom?

edit to add: hell, anybody want to answer this question? what do you all do for work? i just started my first legit career-y office gig-- a monday-to-friday 8:30-5 type of thing-- a handful of months ago and i think i might be going a little crazy. do you all just suck it up and put your heads down and charge hard on the weekends or have i made a horrible life-numbing decision?!
    The answer to both questions is yes.

As a current 9-5er I hate it during the winter.

Safe travels and deep powder. Hope Hood opens soon.

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    do you all just suck it up and put your heads down and charge hard on the weekends or have i made a horrible life-numbing decision?!
    i work for myself; sometimes its awesome for schedule...other times not so much...but mostly good.

however flexible the schedule is, i still gotta put in the full time somehow and it generally happens during business hours

A road trip anyone?
    If you can commit and let me know by tonight and I will take care of the rest. Let’s hit it.
    Wish I could...got clients to service tho!
    Have fun!

3 words: telework flex schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    3 words: telework flex schedule
    wish i could. we're not set up for it (aka we're substantially behind the times re: cloud and tech in general). still chained to the desk.

excited for boar2m's TR.