Lost ski in Jones Pass

I lost a Dynafit Grand Teton Ski at Jones Pass on November 9. It was in the West Bowl area, the skiing at the end of the road, looker's right, about 2/3 of the way down the hill.

The ski is a Dynafit Grand Teton, right ski size 182 from 2014-2015. I'm pretty sure it submerged below the surface of the snow. I looked for several hours and could not find it.

In 10 seasons of backcountry skiing, never had this happen. I hit a rock, ski released and then I tumbled and couldn't find the ski. It was either buried (ironically in early season when snowpack is low).

Reward and serious thanks to anyone who finds this ski. Please email me at cslice27@gmail.com

It will turn up next summer. That sucks, but I've found skis up there in July and managed to find the owner.

I'll keep an eye open for it when I'm up there saturday

Find a guy with a metal detector who's willing to get back there?
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

I'm just impressed that this is OP's first post, despite registering back in 2008. Hell, I'm even more impressed that he remembered his password.

And yeah - good luck, but it will most likely turn up in July after everything melts. There's already 1'-2' of new snow up there since you lost it.

Lost ski in Jones Pass

Not to hijack but if anyone ever finds an old salomon 182 czar mounted with barons let me know, same thing that happened to you,
    Early season, hit a rock and never found it. Was probably like 5 years ago I still have the lone pair though.

edit- nevermind I got confused I think that happened on berthoud because I remember skiing out on one ski, no sled.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts. The crazy thing is I did go back up there with a metal detector a few days after it happened and still didn't find it! I think the metal detector was pretty crappy one...only one I could find that I could rent. Looks like I might not be seeing this ski until next June unless a miracle happens

Yah, brokesomeribs, I'm not on here too much. But I know TGR is always a great resource for this kind of thing. Thanks.