Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bomber Skis

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    More likely Bode didn't put any money in and instead got a piece of the deal in exchange for an agreement to license his persona.
    Well, if so, that's piss poor management of his brand, which is all he has to live off of for the rest of his life if he has no big pile of savings conservatively invested.

Not necessarily. If he's getting good advice I cannot imagine he would get into this niche market at the expense of closing opportunities to be associated with big market share player. There are lots of ways to structure persona licensing deals to keep those options open.

Think of all the Indi pow skis and hack job 333 skis out there. I know plenty of east coast douches that would or have bought these. These are the same people who refuse to buy last years model anything. If you can make money off them, fine by me.

"Recently, American skiing legend Bode Miller got in a conflict with his former equipment sponsor Head USA. The 39 year-old Olympic and multiple World Champion announced that he would like to compete in this season’s World Cup and World Championships with Bomber Skis, the brand he inked partnerships in 2015. However, the contract he had with Head forces him to race on HEAD equipment in the 2016/17 season if he returns to the World Cup. Miller is officially nominated in the U.S. Alpine Ski Team and would therefore be entitled to participate in World Cup races. Hopefully a reasonable agreement can be found before the beginning of the season regarding the ski brand."

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing...-question.html

Hmmmm

Good PR. Great idea. Sue the bastards. Instant headlines.

That video made me not want to be a 'skier.'

Holy shit. I hadn't seen this before. There are a couple of models at $4,750 each. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    "Recently, American skiing legend Bode Miller got in a conflict with his former equipment sponsor Head USA. The 39 year-old Olympic and multiple World Champion announced that he would like to compete in this season’s World Cup and World Championships with Bomber Skis, the brand he inked partnerships in 2015. However, the contract he had with Head forces him to race on HEAD equipment in the 2016/17 season if he returns to the World Cup. Miller is officially nominated in the U.S. Alpine Ski Team and would therefore be entitled to participate in World Cup races. Hopefully a reasonable agreement can be found before the beginning of the season regarding the ski brand."

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing...-question.html

Hmmmm
    HEAD's response:
    HEAD released the following official statement from Chairman and CEO Johan Eliasch on Monday, September 19.
    HEAD has been sued by Bode Miller, whereby Bode Miller is contesting his obligations pursuant to the termination of his endorsement agreement with HEAD in 2015. Bode Miller told HEAD he would finally retire from ski racing but asked a personal favour that his contract would be terminated a year early such that he could enter into an endorsement contract with another ski company for his personal gain. HEAD agreed with his manager to release him from his contract based on his unequivocal intention to stop ski racing, and on the condition that in the event that he changed his mind he agreed not to compete in World Cup or World Championship racing until the end of the 2016/17 season on any other equipment than HEAD skis, boots and bindings. Bode Miller agreed to this as is stipulated in the termination agreement. Notwithstanding the terms of the termination agreement, Bode Miller recently announced that he would breach this agreement. HEAD will be seeking to have Bode honour his contractual commitments and is fully behind him skiing competitively this season, on Head skis, as he is obligated to do.
    Johan Eliasch, chairman and CEO of HEAD stated: ‘I am truly very disappointed to see that Bode has no intention to honour his word and that he intends to breach our agreement to that effect. We will take every action to enforce our rights against Bode. That said, HEAD would welcome Bode’s return to World Cup racing, but it has to be on HEAD equipment.’
    Rainer Salzgeber, director of the HEAD Ski Race Team added: ‘Of course I would like to see Bode racing again, but it has to be on HEAD equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Holy shit. I hadn't seen this before. There are a couple of models at $4,750 each. WTF?
    Guaranteed that anyone who would pay that much for skis can't ski for shit. Bode's redefining the terms of gaperism.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Do you think they'll have a demo day at Loveland this year? Hopefully

They have a pop-up shop on fifth avenue. I stopped in and tried to get them to lend me skis for a day at Hunter. I would have killed it in jeans with those things.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi