Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Cardiff bowl isn't ready yet. Nor is Superior. Snowpack is windjacked. Got some nice failures on the ground and ~12inches down when I was isolating the column in Cardiff bowl. Then I hit about a million rocks on the way out. Best day of the season so far!
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    ... Wasatch stoke as good a place as any for this. Not sure if I missed this but just saw that long time Alta skier Naomi Wain passed away back in June. TAKE A RUN FOR NAOMI
    Never knew her, but she and her story is an inspiration.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I don't understand how there are so many rocks out there when there is so little snow. Hopefully more people will check in with conditions so we can figure this out.

Little known fact: snow is mostly air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Wasatch stoke as good a place as any for this. Not sure if I missed this but just saw that long time Alta skier Naomi Wain passed away back in June. For those who don't know who Naomi was she was 93, had skied at Alta for 50 years. She lived in Santa Barbara and would ski Alta for two weeks each month January through April. Naomi stayed at the Alta Lodge and would be in the singles line at the Collins lift waiting for it to open every morning, just a joy to be around. Not only did she ski eight weeks at Alta last season, she skied in the Alps, went to the Galapagos Islands, drove up Highway 1 (500 miles) by herself in April and late May. She passed very suddenly while attending the Ojai Music Festival in early June. There is a YOUTUBE clip of Naomi from a few years ago when she won the Nastar Championship in Breckenridge, She does mention that she was the only one in her age group.

TAKE A RUN FOR NAOMI
    Lift co. Loaded first chair of the season for Naomi. Damn nazi's.

Some fun to be had up high still.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448175168.156244.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	172200

[QUOTE=tBatt;4600202]Lift co. Loaded first chair of the season for Naomi. Damn nazi's.

Some fun to be had up high still.

Thanks for posting, how did they do it?

Control Work Planned for BCC

UDOT will be sighting in their howitzer in Big Cottonwood Canyon on November 23, 2015. Stairs Gulch through Broads Fork will be closed from November 23, 2015 at 12:00am (midnight) to November 23, 2015 at 10:00am. These areas are closed to all personnel during that time. There will be intermittent road closures on SR 190 in Big Cottonwood Canyon from 0845 am to 1000 am.

Made a quick announcement about it after they were given the go ahead to run the lifts, had a moment of silence and then the lifty called for Naomi to load up first chair.

Made a quick announcement about her passing after they were given the go ahead to run the lifts, had a moment of silence and then the lifty called for Naomi to load up first chair.
    Last edited by tBatt; 11-22-2015 at 06:55 PM. Reason: double post

Made a quick announcement about it after they were given the go ahead to run the lifts, had a moment of silence and then the lifty called for Naomi to load up first chair.

That was perfect, hope Alti did the honors.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    gots the mrs. out for her 1st

pleasantly surprised at how nice it settled out not a terrible nov base/start
    looks like the solisummit cables on
    and shit got blown the fuck up

pretty amazing the noises shifting and forming ice can create echoing in the wolvivie cirque tlp bowl
    aint a lot looks to appealin yet

as always thanks for takin the time to keep this community informed and for all team brad davis does
    hopefully people respect that which the crew does and allow it to happen
    i really find it hard to believe that it's ignorance of your plans in this day and age of social media and the ability to be informed
    happy holidays of giving thanks 2 all
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

JONG from back east here. New to the Wasatch and ready to some gaper shit!

Wasatch STOKE, Conditions, Observations and assorted drival 15-16

Probabably an odd way to make an intro, whatever.
    1. Wife and I are moving to the Wasatch this winter. Looking to make a long awaited dream a reality. Hope to get a reasonable welcome.
    2. Looking for a couple of ski bums who are in need of a little extra ramen money. Want to hire some folks to help us u load and move in. I'm thinking $100 for the day plus pizza and some beers (after the heavy stuff is safely moved). Location TBD (holiday, cottonwood heights, sugar hill maybe?). Still a long ways off. Move in date of 11 February estimated. PM me if you're broke and willing to help.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    1. Wife and I are moving to the Wasatch this winter. Looking to make a long awaited dream a reality. Hope to get a reasonable welcome.
    2. Looking for a couple of ski bums who are in need of a little extra ramen money. Want to hire some folks to help us u load and move in. I'm thinking $100 for the day plus pizza and some beers (after the heavy stuff is safely moved). Location TBD (holiday, cottonwood heights, sugar hill maybe?). Still a long ways off. Move in date of 11 February estimated. PM me if you're broke and willing to help.
    Not broke but unless it's a pow day I could be coerced into helping move a few things. Remind us when the move gets closer.

First, nice handle.
    Second, I suspect you'll have no problem enlisting able bodies with hearty apertures...
    Third, welcome to the fray.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not broke but unless it's a pow day I could be coerced into helping move a few things. Remind us when the move gets closer.
    Ditto on this.

Nice! Glad you guys choose Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    teens cold, graybird w/ a touch of sun and a bit-o fresh
    solisummit access denied

skied alright

overall stability/snowpack not bad
    still objective dangers out there

too ma down to see the wasangles big city lights

pretty but needs more snow
    i'm workin way to much to be brokes and even claim a skibum moniker
    but have maggot moving experience
    pm sfotex or brkyln for references
    and call when the utarded maggot welcome wagon needs to be unhitched
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Anyone wanna get out for a tour this week sometime? My schedule is wide open, but I know coverage is still mighty thin!

Now I know why it's called fantasy ridge, can't wait for it to fill in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1449379237165.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	172941  

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Now I know why it's called fantasy ridge, can't wait for it to fill in.
    Sure is purty.

Even with last year's ultra low tide winter they opened it up quite a bit... the hike is an experience, the chutes are rad and just generally that's one of the most fun things I've ever done at a ski area.

thanks for the welcome guys. You're much less dicks than ECRC. I'll follow-up in early February. And yeah, if it's a powder day, fuck it, I'm not unpacking either.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Anyone wanna get out for a tour this week sometime? My schedule is wide open, but I know coverage is still mighty thin!
    I'd be up for a tour if you are still interested. I'm new to the area, but experienced in the backcountry. Shoot me a PM

It's raining in SLC, anyone up top that can confirm snow?