Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1267
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Magic chairs turning today? I need practice, I guess. Oh, wait.
    Dumb azz

Magic chairs turning today? I need practice, I guess. Oh, wait.
    Yes, lifts are currently running.

But aside from that, what is your point? You're the only one who seems to give a shit that most weekdays the hill is not open. Back when it was open on weekdays I couldn't figure out how it made sense--even on weekends it's not crowded, and I've literally skied beautiful powder weekdays there when there were probably 30 people (or fewer) skiing. Some average days would have fewer (a few years back they basically turned on the lift for us when we were the only ones there).

It's a small hill, but the best in southern VT. Why would they run every weekday? Mt. Snow, Bromley, Stratton are all open--if you must ski Thursdays go there. Magic on a weekend is still less crowded, generally, than any of those places are on a weekday. That's one reason some people prefer it, even with its obvious issues (and they are quite obvious, so the wit displayed in constantly pointing out these known issues is pretty questionable).

You like Killington. Ski there. Magic isn't Killington (thank god). And it's not Vail or whatever factory-like setting you're into in CO. What is your agenda with Magic? Whatever this eternal hard-on for the place is, take something to cure it and let it go. You've got Vail, Kmart, and whatever else floats your boat. Pretty sure everyone knows how you feel about Magic. No one gives a shit anymore.
    [quote][//quote]

With this lovely shit show of a winter I won't be able to use my family pack, Paid $130 will take $100, also have a $29 Groupon that I'll take $20 for, plus PP fees.
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post

But aside from that, what is your point? You're the only one who seems to give a shit that most weekdays the hill is not open. Back when it was open on weekdays I couldn't figure out how it made sense--even on weekends it's not crowded, and I've literally skied beautiful powder weekdays there when there were probably 30 people (or fewer) skiing. Some average days would have fewer (a few years back they basically turned on the lift for us when we were the only ones there).

It's a small hill, but the best in southern VT. Why would they run every weekday? Mt. Snow, Bromley, Stratton are all open--if you must ski Thursdays go there. Magic on a weekend is still less crowded, generally, than any of those places are on a weekday. That's one reason some people prefer it, even with its obvious issues (and they are quite obvious, so the wit displayed in constantly pointing out these known issues is pretty questionable).

You like Killington. Ski there. Magic isn't Killington (thank god). And it's not Vail or whatever factory-like setting you're into in CO. What is your agenda with Magic? Whatever this eternal hard-on for the place is, take something to cure it and let it go. You've got Vail, Kmart, and whatever else floats your boat. Pretty sure everyone knows how you feel about Magic. No one gives a shit anymore.
    Oh, lighten up. I'm sure it's a great place. You probably weren't witness to the original discussion way back when I became the eternal flammee of the fanatical members of the Magic cult. I questioned the wisdom of giving a private owner 3000 bucks for essentially just a t shirt. Fuck, how about a season pass included? A four pack? A sloppy wet blowjob? Something but a lousy t shirt? But, noooooo, Benny became the satanic heretical bad dude, for not having faith in Magicland, because he saw that scam a mile away. Actually, why the co-op wasn't formed is beyond me. That's when I cough up five figures plus dues, after close inspection. Anything else is a rip off.

15/16 MAGIC MYSTERY TOUR

I don't think Mad River gives out shirts with shares. The coop was supposed to retire debt and clear the title. The "Partnership" after the coop failed was maybe one of the most idiotic things ever presented.

There were discounts available to shareholders, just like at Mad River.

Edit. Faithful Club. Not partnership.
    Last edited by MMP; 02-18-2016 at 07:41 PM.

I don't know how you (Benny) saw a scam from so far off when, IMO, there never was a scam. There were critical dd failures in structuring the partnership (due to a failure to anticipate individual state securities regulations the original plan for the partnership was not possible), and then (again, IMO) when the place was about to go under another poorly considered decision was made to pull money from the would-be co-op in order to keep the place afloat (AFAIK). But I don't think you are being persecuted here at all, and certainly not for your prescient insight into the partnership that wasn't. Again, though, your point is clear and has been made many times (and many times by you, for years now I would say). At this point it is little more than picking at a scab and shitting on Magic for no apparent reason. Honestly, as I asked before, who gives a fuck (aside from you, for some unknown reason) that it doesn't open most weekdays? It doesn't matter to most passholders and regulars, so why do you keep acting as if it should be an affront to skiers everywhere? And if people were happy to essentially donate money to keep Magic going (with only some small benefits accorded them), why do you insinuate that they're ignorant fools who got nothing for their investments? We all get to keep skiing Magic. I've put hundreds of hours into the place, and even if it were to shut down tomorrow I wouldn't regret a single bit of that effort. I just hope we find a way to keep it going.

All that said, I fully appreciate that some of the over the top zealotry is idiotic and irritating, but you're at a pretty good remove from that nonsense and are only exposed to it because you choose to be. I expect that it's the crazy Magic partisanship that you're reacting against--but how that really makes sense I still don't get.
    [quote][//quote]

It's pretty much in the same place as the "scratch my head wtf is this all about" as Dead Headism, and I'm pretty sure there is a huge intersection of both worlds. I don't get most upper class white people most of my life, and it's getting worse. Try living out here for a while. It's infuriating at times.

Don't actually know where you are right now, but I wouldn't limit the groups of people I don't get to white or any other race. Americans in many ways generally don't make sense to me--not sure about the Dead Head connection either, but there are definitely a few (I would guess a lot of Beatles fans as well, although that fact is no more enlightening to me).

I may not like most people in NYC, but I'll admit they're generally a little less perplexing to me than most Americans. I tend to like Vermonters as well...anyway, this all seems fairly off-topic now. So carry on with your Magic bashing if you like, but on its face I don't see it making much sense.
    [quote][//quote]

There were critical dd failures in structuring the partnership (due to a failure to anticipate individual state securities regulations the original plan for the partnership was not possible)
    A great example of the comedy of errors that continually make the hill a laughing stock among even the locals. Sully was/is a lawyer.

Who doesn't hire a lawyer? Ans. A lawyer.

The hill is a fun place to ski. It's a shame.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

No argument there, but my guess is that (as with all things Magic related--well, except for the purchase of the Rangerzzzz) they were trying to do things on the cheap, and sometimes when you do that you end up paying more than you should have. I doubt his previous practice area had any relevance to structuring non-profit partnerships, and he clearly thought he could get away with it without a real attorney. And it's not like things have gotten better in the wake of all that.

On the plus side, his daughter could be the next Mikaela Shiffrin, so...
    [quote][//quote]

So he's got that going for him.

Prs - I'll take some off your hands next time I roll that way if you've still got them.

How's the park holding up?

You mean the abode of Mr. Dark Art? So sick. Ride out of those rail slides switch to the condos.
    [quote][//quote]

Wasn't rg sessioning dark arts a few pages back?

@Aldo let me know!
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Wasn't rg sessioning dark arts a few pages back?
    I think you're talking about something that went down higher up on the mountain than what I understand to be Dark Art's domain. But I do believe RG rode it switch to the road, so that part is Dark Arty.
    [quote][//quote]

I don't know how you (Benny) saw a scam from so far off when, IMO, there never was a scam.
    I don't post much, but I've been around Magic for quite awhile.... I wouldn't say it was a scam at the beginning, (yes, it morphs into one later) but it was clear it was really a donation. You didn't get much for the $3k, no equity in even the operating company, never mind the land. And I was not on the list for the Benny Roast, sorry I missed out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldMan View Post
    I don't post much, but I've been around Magic for quite awhile.... I wouldn't say it was a scam but it was clear from the beginning that it was really a donation. You didn't get much for the $3k, no equity in even the operating company, never mind the land. And I was not on the list for the Benny Roast, sorry I missed out on that.
    Actually, had it gone as originally designed, you would have had one of 999 shares in the Magic Partnership LLC which would have owned the land and been the operating company. Obviously that is not how it went down in the end, but that was what was originally sold.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town

But aside from that, what is your point? You're the only one who seems to give a shit that most weekdays the hill is not open.
    I saw a video of Benny skiing once. If I skied/rode like that I would be scared to let people see me on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    Actually, had it gone as originally designed, you would have had one of 999 shares in the Magic Partnership LLC which would have owned the land and been the operating company. Obviously that is not how it went down in the end, but that was what was originally sold.
    We must be talking about different deals.....

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldMan View Post
    We must be talking about different deals.....
    No, same deal, unless you came in after it got turned into the Magic Faithful Club. I did remember it wrong though. The 999 (actually it was gonna be 1000 even) shares represented a 60% stake in the LLC. The other 40% or 666 shares were to be owned by the previous owners in leiu of taking any cash payment or holding a mortgage on the mountain. In the end there would have been 1,667 shares. The Board of directors would have followed the same split, 5 directors total, 3 from the shareholder side and 2 from previous ownership/management. Hence the shareholder side would have had a majority vote on the board.

No, same deal, unless you came in after it got turned into the Magic Faithful Club. I did remember it wrong though. The 999 (actually it was gonna be 1000 even) shares represented a 60% stake in the LLC. The other 40% or 666 shares were to be owned by the previous owners in leiu of taking any cash payment or holding a mortgage on the mountain. In the end there would have been 1,667 shares. The Board of directors would have followed the same split, 5 directors total, 3 from the shareholder side and 2 from previous ownership/management. Hence the shareholder side would have had a majority vote on the board.
    Thats how I remember the pitch...although I joined after a few bloody mary's.

Right. As I was saying, scam.

Right. As I was saying, scam.
    You act like anyone gives a shit about what you have to say.

It's all right here if anyone really felt like looking it up. Www.magicmtn.com/partnership

It's all right here if anyone really felt like looking it up. Www.magicmtn.com/partnership

Right, title and ownership was never transferred to the new LLC.....so the investors owned nothing. They made a donation to JLS, LLC. But who cares, this is ancient history now. No one except JS (and maybe the VT SEC guys) know where the money went. You know if it was snowing 2 feet, we'd all be out skiing.......