Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3389
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

D-Roc you fool. You had to up and do it. Yur screwed, but, if you had grab for it, I'd say you got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Attachment 188080

Did a nice hike up bone mountain. That area by camels hump is among the best in the state. The whole spine is amazing though so a lot of favorites are possible.

No all showing yet but I think it's going to come and go fast.

Anyone going to Gordon Lightfoot tonight? Hope so.
    Nice shot that will definitely be more colorful in the next few weeks. So many prime spots in the general area with access points from both sides.

I don't know if ML saw any bears on Bone, but he saw one snacking on beech nuts when we went hiking on the Rock Saturday.

He happened to be in town for the wedding of fellow Mag D-Roc who joined his lovely wife at a great ceremony at the 1824 House. What a great weekend.
    Stocking up while he can, good catch.

Big VT wedding weekend for mags (congrats D-Roc!), not that he posts much these days but somebody many of you have met at Ullrfest and at Magic in the past, Exastronaut and his beautiful bride tied the knot on Sat. in a fantastic outdoor ceremony in Rochester with the spine of the greens as the backdrop. Great people, gorgeous weather, killer food and some amazing homebrew brewed by the groom himself, a fine weekend indeed.

Platty workday is set for 10/22, unfortunately conflicting with Ullrfest but it should be another worthwhile experience.

http://nyskiblog.com/plattekill-work-day-2016/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

For those coming up from the tri-state area...hit Platty on the way up. That's another ski area with soul. Then continue on north for Ullr-fest. Not a problem, an opportunity!

^Good call... share the love

5. Naturalist; you know this type- pedals in flip flops or barefoot, uses sustainable bamboo frame bike, cables made from Virginia creeper, and handlebars fashioned from reclaimed driftwood. You'll see them snapping pictures of unique mushrooms on their iPhone's and carrying their bikes thru the woods to protect the precious trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

(sorry, can't help it...great shot)
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

BD - bring a bike up and before ullr-fest I'll show you some trails that are not on the map.

mmmmm... I'm not sure if that's an invitation or a threat?!

And I can assure you, I won't be setting any records on any trails... marked or unmarked. But I love to ride.

Peruvian is trying to work his up the chart with cool photos and private tours. winky.

I took a few pics the other morning, color should be coming on quick next week.

Only 3 more hours of summer left, get it whilst it lasts!!!!!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^Sweet last summer morning shots.
    The color is trying to come out all over the place and the kick it should get from the cool weather this weekend should make next weekend excellent for leaf peeping.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Long range forecasts are bullshit. That being said....

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Long range forecasts are bullshit. That being said....
    The only thing those forecasts are good for, is the cute women giving them.

We need water soon.

Stenger agrees to help SEC rope Q

judge-accepts-sec-settlement
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

EAST COAST ROLL CALL #9 Find the time to ski those lines!

I've tried to think of Stenger in the best light over the past 10+ years but struggled to figure him out. He was in too deep on this to get a pass is my current thinking. Even if Q was a thieving manipulator Bill can't be dumb enough to know he wasn't enabling this debacle. Struck me as pretty savvy. Perhaps harsh but seems he turned on his community through his actions in this and now turning on his business partner. Maybe no choice at this point I guess but challenging for me to respect this dude or think he really was in it for bettering the local economy. I have also never seen him on skis.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I've tried to think of Stenger in the best light over the past 10+ years but struggled to figure him out. He was in too deep on this to get a pass is my current thinking. Even if Q was a thieving manipulator Bill can't be dumb enough to know he wasn't enabling this debacle. Struck me as pretty savvy. Perhaps harsh but seems he turned on his community through his actions in this and now turning on his business partner. Maybe no choice at this point I guess but challenging for me to respect this dude or think he really was in it for bettering the local economy. I have also never seen him on skis.
    Pretty much where I am on this.

Big Bill struck me as a smart guy who was in touch with anything Jay Peak. Now it looks like either he was a dupe or a player. The former is just not credible and the deal makes the latter more likely.

Survival for Jay Peak is imperative. If it crashed and totalled the Kingdom would manage somehow but it would crush many hopes and dreams. Bill's survival sems to be in his own hands, Jay Peak is in...well, a shakey grip. The Receiver seems to be solid, but buyers are looking phantasmal.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Let me qualify this by saying I am talking out of my ass... But from what little I know of Big Bill, he seemed to feel it was okay to do some slightly shady shit, because it was such a huge shot in the arm for the area. Kinda of Robin Hood-esk.

He may have been so intoxicated by his role and position in the community's well being, that he lost sight of the forest for all the trees? Either way, sad story all around for Jay, Burke and the NEK. Finally a chance at what seemed like a new beginning, and it's snatched away because of a big phuck-up, Q.

Interview with Steve Wright of Jay: http://www.saminfo.com/special-repor...forges-ahead-2

Local ski hill owner to international flights to cultivate wealthy foreign investors, in with the gubner, capital hill folk etc... Pushing that Audi around like he was king of the hill. Agree w BD that this all likely started to grossly fog his world view and somehow believed he had some sort of immunity.
    Allegedly the resort (Jay) is profitable which gives me confidence it will eventually sell to a legit buyer.
    Burke worries me a bit as I think it needs an investor with the capital to carry out the four season vision for the resort. A hotel of that size just isn't practical for winter alone. That said, Burke will find a way.

Good interview w Wright. I was stoked to hear of his promotion. From my limited experience he has always been good for the mountain and reasonable and responsive to me as a pass holder. He even put up with our bs blasting the snow reporting back in the day when the Jay site has a message board. He was a good sport about it. Strikes me as more in touch with the core patrons than Stenger may have been.
    Last edited by Doremite; 09-24-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    Uno mas

Happy fall y'all:

Steve Wright sounds like the steady hand they need right now. Still hoping for some good news regarding Stenger too. Thanks for the links (and photos).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Short hike along the LT this afternoon.

Looking east.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1474831635.637750.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  442.4 KB

Looking south.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1474831656.180296.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  304.3 KB

Bumping this MRV pic 'cause its dope and I am getting psyched for the dropping temps.

The color is a bit late but it is coming...
    Yesterday morning:
    Fall 2016 2 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Fall 2016 3 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

This morning:
    Fall Reflection 2016 4 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Fall Reflection 2016 1 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Looks nice Tim. Won't be all that long.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Finally made it back to the real world after mountain biking in the NEK for 4 days... frosty Sunday and Monday mornings!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160923_232326.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	965.3 KB 
ID:	188836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160925_073610_HDR.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	188835 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160925_073619_HDR.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	188837

Jay already had an unsolicited offer to purchase it. I think the offer was well above book value too. I wouldn't be worried about their ability to survive this unless the economics of New England skiing change significantly.