Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Looks like TGR has been spammed!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Wow, so many diploma choices this morning, I think I'll grad a doctorate this round.

Killington had to shut it down yesterday due to warmer temps. Mountain biking was a testament to balance and reflex yesterday, with slippery roots and rocks covered with a layer of leaves I was happy to finish without a crash. Saw some interesting tracks from the group of out-o-state shuttlers doing a full lock up skid up to 15' long as they went off trail into the woods. Going to try to get out before Wednesdays typhoon.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Killington had to shut it down yesterday due to warmer temps.
    More like open only for earned turns.

Unfortunately someone forget to tell mtn ops to regroom overnight

Still very good snow quantity, but quality started off for us mid-day as "firm" ... then asymptotically approached nice ... only to lock up after 2:30 so much as to be justified only for "training" purposes ... and then eventually regressed to "time to go home now" conditions!

Here's ctsmith carefully following my route as we attempt to smooth out the not-quite-softening snow:

Look at all the powder being kicked up by my skis!
    (Or am I just scraping off a mm or so of frozen granular?)

Shameless product placement on the final lap, taken all the way up to the top of the unloading ramp in an attempt to max out the vert:

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

How's it going East Coasters...long time lurker on this awesome thread, first time posting. I spent last winter in Crested Butte, CO and I'm (begrudgingly) back on the EC, looking forward to an awesome season of chasing snow in VT. Can't wait to see and contribute to all the winter stoke on here!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    yea man do it!! Society is a drag, so why not de-evolve and drag those knuckles.

looks like a fun rip!
    27° 18°

And just like that a board arrives!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446018399.847005.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	170877

Had an awesome time at pkill. Hope it's deep and everyone gets to shred it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446018470.752497.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	170878

The sun is setting on my time in NYC, I'll be north soon!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446018487.187297.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	170879

That board looks like an antique, good luck with that.

Left work early to take in the nice day, a couple of sunny ones dried the leaves out making for a most fun ride in the backyard network. Fortunately the leaf blower babies stay away from this zone. Came through one area where a flock of turkeys had scratched most of the leaves away, a bit confusing till I realized the area untouched was the trail. Fall riding is so much fun.

Watch out for the west coast hurricane remnants today, winds are supposed to be high, one power company is urging their customers to have emergency supplies on hand.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Watch out for the west coast hurricane remnants today, winds are supposed to be high, one power company is urging their customers to have emergency supplies on hand.
    Red sky in morning...

Frosty October Sunrise by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

OctoberSunrise_Burke by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

^leaf blower babies?

Turkeys are going crazy around here also. I hope they eat all the damn ticks

That board looks like an antique, good luck with that.
    Actually a 2015 model with a throwback aesthetic.

Arbor Zygote Twin:

"The Zygote Twin is a non-symmetrical twin, a fusion of true-twin on-snow geometry with distinct tip and tail outlines that pay homage to the shaping and art traditions of early skate and snow design. While dissimilar in shape, the tip and tail share identical widths, heights and lengths, creating a symmetrical twin ride designed for true-cambered, freestyle snowboarding" or whatever, dude.
    27° 18°

http://www.boltonvalley.com/tickets-...ft-Ticket-Sale

$29. 3 hours left, good any day but the days you don't want to be on the hill

have been away from this shitstorm for a long long time but back in the US of A after a long time in Italia. missing all my favorite places here in the EC and with a new place upstate getting to more goods more often is in the cards. the Dolomiti were not so bad though. again, ullrfest was on the day of my kids bday so missed that but Magic might be the local hill this year.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    ^leaf blower babies?

Turkeys are going crazy around here also. I hope they eat all the damn ticks
    Around 4 years ago some locals felt fall riding was too tough for many riders and started blowing most of the trails to make it "safe" for them. Not sure what the turkeys were after but ticks would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Actually a 2015 model with a throwback aesthetic.

Arbor Zygote Twin:

"The Zygote Twin is a non-symmetrical twin, a fusion of true-twin on-snow geometry with distinct tip and tail outlines that pay homage to the shaping and art traditions of early skate and snow design. While dissimilar in shape, the tip and tail share identical widths, heights and lengths, creating a symmetrical twin ride designed for true-cambered, freestyle snowboarding" or whatever, dude.
    Retro board needs some Sorrels to drive it.

Looks like nice color up north NEK, much more subdued around here yesterday.

59` and rainy with gusty winds bob
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    have been away from this shitstorm for a long long time but back in the US of A after a long time in Italia. missing all my favorite places here in the EC and with a new place upstate getting to more goods more often is in the cards. the Dolomiti were not so bad though. again, ullrfest was on the day of my kids bday so missed that but Magic might be the local hill this year.
    Welcome back to the EC, LC!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Welcome back to the EC, LC!
    +1 Welcome back.

Around 4 years ago some locals felt fall riding was too tough for many riders and started blowing most of the trails to make it "safe" for them. Not sure what the turkeys were after but ticks would be a plus.
    Safe isn't a bad thing. I need to rake my trails because if I don't I have no idea where the trail is going and I made the damn things . Well traveled trails don't need it and some or most could use the leaf mulch.

Any of you mags have a jigarex? I am looking to mount some Beast 14s with inserts on several skis. So i can't go to a shop 3 times.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Holy Fuck... woahhhhh.... excellent .... just woke up ... your favorite Telewhore is back....

Just need to finish up my guide course work in Nevada next week and ill be back talking shit...

Skirotica go Jigayourself... ahhhh that felt good. lol jk
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Safe isn't a bad thing. I need to rake my trails because if I don't I have no idea where the trail is going and I made the damn things . Well traveled trails don't need it and some or most could use the leaf mulch.
    Memory loss is a bitch ain't it! All the high abv dipa's don't help...just speaking from experience here.

today i've seen i've seen black diamonds on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    today i've seen i've seen black diamonds on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn
    No shit? Welcome back.

I put safe in parentheses as it doesn't make the sport safer, that is an illusion. I understand that misty trails need some definition till they are properly burned in, it is the obsession with clearing the well defined trails that irks me. I love riding a leafy trail and hearing the leaf crunch or watching the leaves fly when following other riders.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Holy Fuck... woahhhhh.... excellent .... just woke up ... your favorite Telewhore is back....

Just need to finish up my guide course work in Nevada next week and ill be back talking shit...

Skirotica go Jigayourself... ahhhh that felt good. lol jk
    Welcome back bitch, you ready to get schooled?

ps, welcome back Lemmy.

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

You get your AARP card yet? Get off my LAWN!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    No shit? Welcome back.
    it was funny actually , almost exactly at that spot where i bought those dynafits from you. hope you are doing well.