Looking for housing in Jackson

Hey everyone, I am looking for housing in Jackson or Wilson for the winter (6 months is ideal). I have a friend searching also, so any leads on 1 or 2 bedroom places would be much appreciated. Hoping for the standard $600-800/month range. Both have jobs, from Colorado, hoping to spend a solid winter working and skiing. PM me with any suggestions please!

The only help I can give is that it's going to cost more than that for your OWN apartment on the west bank (wilson or the vill). You can totally rent rooms in town for $400 a piece though. If you are a hardcore skier, definitely go for wilson. There are some downfalls to wilson, but if you want to ski 100 or more days a year, at the resort and/or teton pass, the extra 20 minutes it saves you makes a big difference, day in day out, in getting a parking spot on the pass or getting first tram on a pow day.

A 1 bedroom in the Aspens, which is the closest access to the mountain without actually being in the Village, will be minimum $800. Its usually more like $900 to $1000, and 2 bedrooms go for like $1200 and up. You can get a better deal, but its hard to find and you either have to know somebody or get lucky. JHRL has good rentals, but prices are a little steep, and the selection dries up the closer to the season you get.

Also, I have been hearing that prices have been rising, so my numbers could be off now.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're probably picking the worst time in the history of Jackson to move here. Rental inventories are at an all time low and if you are lucky enough to find something, you could be spending anywhere from $800-1200 per bedroom. In your price range, you might be able to split a shoebox 1 bedroom. Hate to sound like a dick but it's just reality around here. Keep in mind that you are pretty much at the back of the line, behind longtime locals and families that are having their rentals sold out from under them. Most rentals don't even hit the open market and are passed down to friends etc. However, check out these two website regularly and you might get lucky.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/classifieds/housing/rent/

http://classifieds.jacksonhole.media...browse-86.aspx

Looking for housing in Jackson

It is a hard time to be an outsider right now moving to town. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has employee housing, but not sure what the availability is. If you have to go for a compromise, I would look at moving to SLC & ski AltaBird.

Housing is in Jackson now is the worst in twenty years, it is pretty GODDAMN FUCKED UP right now. You are NOT going to find anything in your price range. If I wear in your position, I would look at LCC as a fallback option.

If you work at a place that hooks you up with housing is huge (My employer has hooked me up $450 a month, I am lucky), if you can get a night gig with housing option, go for it. But, it will be tougher than you have ever seen. It is easier to find a spot to live in NYC.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

I've already been scouring the classifieds for months and I am fully aware of how difficult housing is right now, especially for someone moving from out of town. I'm posting on here in hopes of finding an open room in my price range, if anyone has one or knows of one please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    If you work at a place that hooks you up with housing is huge (My employer has hooked me up $450 a month, I am lucky), if you can get a night gig with housing option, go for it. But, it will be tougher than you have ever seen. It is easier to find a spot to live in NYC.
    What places can help me out there? I've got an offer to work at TVS but it sounds like JHMR employee housing is completely full all the time. I have restaurant and ski shop experience

You might be able to find a room at one of the hotels in town for that price. Suerte.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Pony's rooms aren't bad, but I think are up to 850$ this year. There's a few places open here in Teton Valley at the moment if willing to drive the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Pony's rooms aren't bad, but I think are up to 850$ this year. There's a few places open here in Teton Valley at the moment if willing to drive the pass.
    I think it's 900. I have friends living there. Easy as a couple. Harder if it's two bros.

You could check with the painted buffalo and see what they're charging.

Might check with Angler's Inn also.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Got a room in town for $600. Thanks for the help everyone, see you on the hill

Nice, have a great season.

Hey, thought I'd bump this thread. Kind of fell into a job grooming for the resort this season. Coming from Big Sky, got into town yesterday. Have a friend's couch to crash on for awhile, hoping to find something before I wear out my welcome. Keeping my eyes on the two websites linked. Anyone have any other leads?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteout509 View Post
    Hey, thought I'd bump this thread. Kind of fell into a job grooming for the resort this season. Coming from Big Sky, got into town yesterday. Have a friend's couch to crash on for awhile, hoping to find something before I wear out my welcome. Keeping my eyes on the two websites linked. Anyone have any other leads?
    PM Rontele, I heard he's renting his place out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteout509 View Post
    might check with big Tom, another groomer. He just moved in with a bud in Wilson, they have another room they like to keep open but might consider renting for a short time.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Good luck!
    Currently being keep kicked out of my home for not being "family status"