Page 34 of 304 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Watcha cookin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Last weekend was a snow crab vs lobster snackoff.
    Steamed both the lobster and the crab, Finished the crab by chopping it into 1/2" cubes in shallots and butter. Added chopped basil.
    Reduced the steambath and threw in dried morel mushrooms and butter.
    Finished the lobster by chopping it up also into 1/2" cubes and poured the morels over the lobster. Added chopped parsley.
    Served with pressure cooker risotto and green beans.
    Romaine, lemon boy tomatos, arugula and nasturtium flower salad.
    2001 Broadley Claudia's Choice pinot.
    2014 Galopieres pouilly fuisse.

It was a toss up; no snacker could definitively choose a winner.
    We'll have to run the test again, to see if we can get more definitive results.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We'll have to run the test again, to see if we can get more definitive results.
    But, but I'm hoarding the last '01 Claudia's Choice....
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

No pics but I did some nice thick burgers topped with a big ole fried green tomato slice and a runny egg yolk poached in butter. Mayo underneath and a dab of whole grain mustard on top to set it off. Bam!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Those look tasty!

Finally gave a go at pizza night on the Big Green Egg last night. No pics. Twas ok. I need to work on perfecting high temps. Couldn't get it up to that apparent sweet spot of 600-650 with the place setter and stone in there. Cooked a chicken, (for the BBQ chix pie), before I put on the place setter and stone. That coulda been the issue. Still good at 500* tho.
    When was the last time you cleaned your Egg out...? You should have no issues getting the Egg up to 600+ as long as there is good airflow through all of the air holes... When I do pizzas I clean the Egg and use fresh lump... I finally have it dialed, but the key for me was using clean lump and ensuring clear smoke... It is easy to get smokey pizza that can be a bit overpowering...

It's always seemed to me that the problem with the BGE for pizza is that you have to open the top to insert the pizza and to check on it, so you lose all the ambient heat and it has to recover right when you put the pizza in and then you can't check it while cooking. Is there a trick to this? A real pizza oven has a front opening so that you can slide the pizza in without losing your heat, can watch while it cooks (in 1-2 minutes), and can push it up towards the top to get some final blistering on the top crust right at the end. Doesn't seem like you can really do any of that in a BGE.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

You can kinda check on it through the top vent, although it's billowing some serious heat
    But you are SOL on opening to put the pizza on in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    It's always seemed to me that the problem with the BGE for pizza is that you have to open the top to insert the pizza and to check on it, so you lose all the ambient heat and it has to recover right when you put the pizza in and then you can't check it while cooking. Is there a trick to this? A real pizza oven has a front opening so that you can slide the pizza in without losing your heat, can watch while it cooks (in 1-2 minutes), and can push it up towards the top to get some final blistering on the top crust right at the end. Doesn't seem like you can really do any of that in a BGE.
    So what's a good pizza oven?

I've been thinking about making one.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    This has never really been an issue for me... I set my Egg to 650 degrees and don't check on the pizza until it has been in there for 7 min... Most times the pizza is done at this point and if another min or two is needed the opening of the Egg to do a quick check has never really affected the cooking... It is extremely hard to beat a ceramic cooker when it comes to efficiency...

Fresh tuna and brown rice.... then to the store for some shave ice... life is good.

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Fried chicken and high proof bourbon

Looking good! I'd say you need more fried chicken in that plate tho.

Or maybe it's a big glass.

After everybody went to bed there was a little chicken left so I poured a wee nip of that good ole cask strength Elijah and tucked in, ya know? Twasnt much of either but what there was was purty good.

So that's like a bacon, egg, and cheese with waffles instead of bread? FKNA!

Sausage and mushroom pizza.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	557.9 KB 
ID:	188448

Getting some chile going. Slow cook for a few hours then blend it down

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    So that's like a bacon, egg, and cheese with waffles instead of bread? FKNA!
    Yep. Sprouted buckwheat waffles, they're killer. The buckwheat puree gets fermented overnight too so they have a nice sourdough flavor. Everyone who tries them loves them.

Dinner was solid too. Grilled spatchcocked chicken rubbed inside and out with a citrus garlic parsley paste, roasted new potatoes, arugula dressed with a lemon roasted garlic vinaigrette.

Tell me about the citrus garlic parsley paste

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1474774863.777031.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  31.3 KB
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I had nothing to do with this but eat it, also, kinda wanted to put it in 'the turn' thread but, anyway, our friends decided to fry a turkey this afternoon and it was fantastic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160924_171814.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	937.8 KB 
ID:	188457