BF inserts: different screws for FKS and Pivot 18

my skis are mounted with Binding Freedom inserts for 13/14 pivot 18s but I am hoping to mount a pair of 13/14 FKS 180s in the same inserts. BF website says the screw lengths needed for pivot 18s are: 12 10mm lowhead screws and 4 20mm lowheads. But for FKS 180, BF website says the screws needed are 12 10mm lowheads and 4 16mm lowheads.

I thought these bindings were the exact same. Why would one need different screw lengths? Or did BF just not accurately update their website?

the bindings are the same, the screws are the same, not sure what is up.

I just called bryce at binding freedom. He's going to send me 4 16mm screws to see if there is a difference. I'll post after I have a chance to compare the different screws.

Double check the binding plates. That design has had a million different ramp angles and lifter heights over the past couple decades. Check the screw depth by physically putting it in the binding and looking underneath.
    My experience with inserts is "when in doubt, go shorter." A screw that bottoms out is a useless screw.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    My experience with inserts is "when in doubt, go shorter." A screw that bottoms out is a useless screw.
    ... and to amplify on this point, you only need to engage 3 threads for full strength.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

There's an old look pivot that wasn't a turntable design, maybe that's where the confusion comes from?
    (I honestly don't understand why they called the re-introduced FKS "Pivot" again, although the had a different binding of the same name just a few years ago...)