On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Endurbro racing tire for WET?

Looks like I am racing in the enduro at Mountain Creek next Sunday. Supposed to rain every day this whole week including race day. Its gonna be a cluster fuck. Sharp slippery rocks, roots, mud holes, wet grassy climbs, etc. All the fun stuff.

I have a Maxxis Shorty DH tire I was gonna run in the rear and a regular TR DHF up front.

I have never run the Shorty before. Is this a decent rear mud tire? Since there is some uphill involved too I don't want to go crazy with super knobby stuff.

I was jealous of the guy that parked next to me at Burke who ran a shorty on the front. It poured the night before the race, so having some front grip would have been nice. I was on an EXO DHF front and DHRII rear. It wasn't awful but I was slipping here and there and crashed a few times, but I think it was kinda unavoidable the way the day went for me anyways.

I've been running 3C DHFs for most of the enduros so far, having something that'd clear mud in the front faster would be nice.

Maybe a non-DH version of the Shorty up front?

I feel dumb buying tires I may only use 2 times a year.

Maxxis Shorty 3c Exo.

Its useful in anything loose, not just mud, and actually great on leaves as well.

Yeah, I have been looking at the shorty for awhile now, I just need to find a 26" version in stock somewhere!

I'd run the shorty up front, it will give way more grip and be confidence inspiring. If you had a dhr2, that would be a great tire to compliment the shorty.

Just ordered the 3C Shorty to run up front and will be running the DH version in the back.

This is gonna be a mud/blood bath. Hurricane Joaquin coming up the coast. 3"+ of rain Friday through Saturday. Heavy winds too.

What happens if they can't even run the lift in high winds? 100% self propelled uphill transfers I suppose.

Wow, just looked at the forecast. Driving down from Boston isn't sounding super fun. Camping less so.

Shit man. I was gonna camp too just for fun. I live like 1.5 hours south of Mtn Creek. Which cat are you racing in?

I'll be in AM 19-29. Its looking like my team and I are trying to Airbnb something now, as waking up in a puddle isn't typically part of my pre-race routine.

Ended up grabbing a DH casing Shorty, seems like it'll be a good weekend to put it to use!

Nice man. I'll be AM 30-39. Look for the dude with the crazy mustache and day glo Warden.

Forcast keeps changing. Now only 40% chance of rain sunday. High of 60. Nice.

Right on, I'll be on a turquoise SB-66c with a blue helmet. Gonna be a fun first trip to mt creek haha, hopefully the highland enduro is dry...

Haha, are you seeing things I'm not?!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...9#.Vg14-_lVhBc

Sunday looks decent. I said fuck it and got a room so I don't have to drive 70 mins Sunday AM. Gonna pre-ride some on Saturday but not go crazy. Looks like some long transfers. I am running Shorty 3C up front and DHF 3C in the back. I don't want to haul 10 pounds of rubber around if I don't have too.

Yeah, I can't get a sense of scale for that but looks like some decently long transfers.

I was looking at my bike and decided it was time to get a new chainring:

So went to remove it and found this:

Thank god my DJ bike uses similar cranks.

Damn dude. That could have been a disaster.

MC Lodge to South Base is about 1.7 miles as the crow flies. Transfers will probably be a good chunk of vert and ROCKY.

Yeah, I think its from a few years ago when I was using a crank mounted bash guard. Must have weakened that tab a little bit, because I've had 2 or 3 chain rings wear out like that in the past 2 years. I always figured it was grit getting in and me putting down SO MANY WAAATTTS!

Holy shit. Pre ride was a shitshow. Stage 5 is like a fucking death ride. I'll be happy to post a "DND" tomorrow....."did not die"

I'm really liking my hans dampfs and I like the kenda Nevgals a lot

Full retard on stage 5. I finished somehow. Re-exploded my thumb again. 5 surgeries already. Might be in for a 6th.

Oh, and the Shorty is a killer front tire.

Damn dude!! That is no fun, hope its minor and heals quickly.

Stage 5 was a cross race for me, I didn't get enough practice in on it and ended up running a fair bit. I can safely say that trail was the only time I have ever wanted a larger sized wheel, might take the near constant endo feeling away. I fly to Moab on Wednesday, wasn't worth crashing out.

The rest of the race was pretty good, felt happy with the effort i put in pedaling where it counted. I rode like dog poo Saturday so wasn't sure on some of my lines on some things Sunday, but it worked out alright. Only major goof was not paying attention on the road on stage 2 and skidding to a stop in the tape right before the hard right turn over the creek. Eyes up!!

Agreed on the shorty, made many nightmare scenarios laughable on Saturday.
    Last edited by Anospa; 10-05-2015 at 07:16 AM.