Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Don't love the 196 Bibby review at Blister Gear. Seems like the same issue I have with my Lhasa POWs, the tail just doesn't want to swing, let alone do a quick stop in pow. http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-bibby-special

Rax 2016
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Ski for a 6'8 guy

Just about everything has more stability than a Super 7 and just about everything is more playful than a Lhasa 196. You honestly need to just get on some skis somewhere in the middle to figure out where you need to be on the continuum. Your sitting in analysis paralysis neverland right now.

You could give the 194 Devestators or 191 Billygoats a go. They'll have better fore aft stability than the floppy donkey dick that is the Super 7 and will be more pivotable than the Lhasa 196. They're both good choices smack dab in the middle. If you want to err on the pivotable side, look at the Nordica Patron/Helldorado or Bent Chetler. If you want to err on the stable side, look at the Blizzard Bodacious. You could get the Renegade, but thats less of an everyday ski, in my opinion. Pretty powder specific.

I don't think the Governer or the Wrenegade are what you're looking for. Stiff flat tails will make them pretty similar to the Lhasa.

PS. I wouldn't worry about the 191 Billygoat being too short. Its about as long as the 194 Devestator and the 195 Super 7 and only a bit shorter than the 196 Bodacious. They measure pretty damn long. I'll have one for sale soon if you're interested.

Ya id go rax or triple Js then if the governors, devastators or billy goats dont look good. Or just get a custom ski built if youre so picky.

Im smaller than you, i had no problem whipping the governors around. Quick hockey stops in pow are the governors forte. The taper in the tips make them come right around when needed.

Sounds like you want a really easy forgiving ski, thats super long, heavy and damp. All signs point to 194 devastators

Quote Originally Posted by wardm View Post
    ...Any thoughts on Prior’s 193 Overlord? It comes in a carbon set up for reduced weight and more pop. Turning radius of 21m is relatively tight. Their CBC model is an even more playful twin tip, but don’t think I need that. http://www.priorsnow.com/overlord...
    Prior 193 Overlords are special. Special construction, and Prior has been refining the now common "pintail hybrid charger/surfer" design for more years and iterations than anyone else. I don't think they fit your stated criteria perfectly (they are too wide for the firmest Whistler days, and 193cm seems short for 6'8" people), but those special skis deserve a demo to see if you fall in love with them for soft days. I prefer the heavy glass version, but you might prefer the lightweight carbon.

Prior CBC has the great construction, but other companies are years ahead at dialing in that common "wide rocker tail" design.

That said, I'm sticking with my previous advice to you, posted way above.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Not a big dude, but a few other options out there. Faction seems like it could be a nice fit. The BMX115 would stack up nicely towards the 195cm Stormrider 115:

Faction The Chapter: 198cm, 142/116/132 R25m - http://www.factionskis.com/gear/skis/ski-1415-chp
    SkiLogik Howizter: 194cm 140/110/133 R22m - https://www.skilogik.com/skis/rockerlogik/howitzer
    Kästle BMX115: 193cm 141/115/130 R26m - http://www.kaestle-ski.com/en/products/bmx/bmx115-7090/

I'm 6-5 215lbs (probably more like 230 ski gear, boots and a Avi pack).

Don't waste your time with the 193 Patron or Heldos. The tips and tails are way too soft and if you charge hard on them the will fold up on you when the snow density changes, go funny directions and you'll go tumbling.

I like the 193 Blizzard Gunsmokes a ton and they will be my resort and side country ski this winter. They will carve hard pack, turn in trees when you want them to, and have enough punch to blast through many. I mounted them at +3 and it took me a few days to get used to them, but they are awesome.

The Blizzard Spurs are awesome too, but might be a tad short for what you want.

Side note, I really want the Bonafides in a 193. That would be an awesome every day ski

It seems like your best option is just call Keith at Praxis, tell him what you want and have him make you the exact ski for about the price of a stock new ski.

EDIT: or you could buy these and be done

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...and-G3-Ion-NEW

you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Side note, I really want the Bonafides in a 193. That would be an awesome every day ski
    Yes. And/or Peacemaker 193.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Yes. And/or Peacemaker 193.
    I need to get on the Peacemaker apparently.

The Bonafide is the width I want, with the radius and dimensions that feel good. They are just a little short for two or three days after a storm, or for small refills a few days after a storm.

Ski for a 6'8 guy

For the OP - go visit the guys at Prior since it sounds like you are there or ski there primarily. They can absolutely customize the right mix of length/width/side cut to handle your height/weight.

I have skied Overlords in both 188 and 193. I'm 6'3" and about 220-225lbs depending on the time of year and my beer intake. I up sized to the 193's because at my weight I was just at the upper edge of their recommended weight for 188 and I wanted a bit more float on deeper days (12" plus) along with getting a bit more edge length for carrying speed and carving big gs turns on the way back to the lifts.

They would probably make you something a bit longer with a stiffer flex for your weight - but you'd want them to dimension them to get you the right turn radius and responsiveness for your needs.

And you aren't paying Igneaous US $ and import to Canada..
    Last edited by PNWcement; 12-06-2015 at 02:45 AM.

I have some 193cm priors for sale, sent you a pm.

I've got last year's 4frnt hoji in a 195 mounted once w s916 steels. I tried them one day on groomers last week and they are too big for me but they are stable, fast, and they rail. PM me with an offer if you want them. I'm in Colorado but I can ship them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by wardm View Post
    Unlimited budget. I think the lotus 120 would be far to pow specific.
    Wagner?

I'm 6-3ish 190 or atleast that's what my id says. I ride the Solomon rocker 2 115 189's, solid under foot but falls into the category of the patrons too soft in the front. Heard good things about dynastars new line