Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Woo- since my bag of tricks ain't much, it's only an issue for x ups and tabletops. I've knocked it on the seat a few times. In some of those cases the gimbal gets "confused" and the motors are all engaged and if left unchecked would be a likely issue. I did two laps this morning and it performed well.

TahoeJ- I have a protective lens to save the glass from debris and my various carnage. http://shop.gopro.com/accessories/pr....html#/start=1 Otherwise I'm obviously just very mindful of moisture, and I'll have to figure something out for this winter...oh I'll just stay on hardpack!

BabyBear thanks for the visual aids.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    Woo- since my bag of tricks ain't much, it's only an issue for x ups and tabletops. I've knocked it on the seat a few times. In some of those cases the gimbal gets "confused" and the motors are all engaged and if left unchecked would be a likely issue. I did two laps this morning and it performed well.
    Yeah I was thinking rowdy riding, not necessarily tricks or anything. It does look like it sticks out a bit. Thanks for all the info. I'm impressed with those little buggers.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

feiyutech has a nice gimbal out right now and are pumping out some content. These things are actual probably the biggest advancement for POV in a while.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Andrew where do you put the handle? It sounds like the gimbal uses it to orient itself? Do you mount it on your bike or put it in your pack, or what?

I'd have to agree, grskier. I'd like to try out the Feiyu WG to see how mount/weight/function compares. A properly weatherized version would be better for winter, or actually for everything. There is a lot ahead with autonomous drones, VR, Oculus, coming about. Or maybe that stuff will splash like 3d.

Epic, hope you're doing well. Yes the "board" is in the handle, along with the batteries. I loop the cord from the gimbal once or twice around my chesty strap, then run the excess cable & handle in the outer side pockets on my hydration pack. JeffreyJim and I were discussing making a cover to prevent any of the control buttons from accidentally getting knocked while in action.