Bonafide Remount +1 or -1.5?

Going from Griffon Demos to Salomon STH 2s on my 19 yo son's Bonafides. To keep center-to-center hole separation at 9-10mm, my choices are +1 cm or -1.5 cm. He's 5'9", 160 lbs, a decent skier, but neither a racing nor flippy/spinny background.

I'm leaning towards the +1 cm, because the distance from the recommended line is smaller, and because it looks like the Bonafide line is a bit back when compared to other skis in the family collection. If I'm heading down the wrong path, I'd like to hear about it before I start drilling holes.

100% +1

If you still have the Griffon demo bindings on them, why not ski them first at +1 and -1.5 and see? Or just keep the demo bindings on the skis, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you still have the Griffon demo bindings on them, why not ski them first at +1 and -1.5 and see? Or just keep the demo bindings on the skis, for that matter.
    Trying to keep it short and sweet, but the grand scheme is to move the demos to a pair of Megawatts that I bought dirt cheap off the Clymb thinking that some day we'll have deep days again on the West Coast. The Megawatts are likely to be shared, the Bonafides won't be. The idea of trying the +1 and -1.5 position is a great idea, but I'm just now getting to the point where I realize I have an overlap problem. My past self from last season wasn't smart enough to try the two positions, my current self would like to get this worked out before the 90% chance of an El Niño comes to fruition and makes my future self wish I had my shit together and had mounted my fat skis in time.

Definitely forward... the line is pretty far back on the ski as it is so I can't picture going any further back.

But honestly, the line is pretty dialed, I'd much rather ski demo bindings on the line than a regular binding elsewhere.

+1... You'd never know the difference

It seems crazy that anyone can give a meaningful answer to this without knowing if the skis are 173 or 180.

IMHO, if they are 173s go back for sure. 180s go forward.

No one asked what his BSL was, or what kind of shell fit he has in the boot. I'd say forward if he's bigger than a 26.5, especially if he's got more than a 20mm shell fit (pretty common with kids who have no racing background) . . .

Ending some of the speculation..
    Skis are 173
    BSL is 318mm
    Shell fit closer to 10mm than 20mm

I may do a 2x4 mount to see what the adjustment range looks like for the STH2s. Salomon claims 28mm. After reading some of the earlier comments, it might make the most sense to leave the demos in place on the Bonafides, and just deal with a more complicated readjustment for those times when the Megawatts are being swapped around.

Just leave the Griffon demos on and don't spend any more time thinking about it - the skis are already borderline too short and he's going to get bigger.

What Greg says. It's all about BOF placement.