Will the image upload ever actually work again?

Pictures that I try to upload have been showing up as '? boxes' for like the last month.

What gives?

It works on the app, and you can copy and paste on the desktop site, but yeah, idk wtf is going on with attachments.
    It worked great once. It was really simple. Then they had to keep "fixing" it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Works fine for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1442704423.198559.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	169755
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Works fine for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1442704423.198559.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	169755
    ^^^^ Gross

So here is what I tried to upload yesterday, now works...

Here is one that I tried right now

Last edited by east or bust; 09-20-2015 at 08:16 AM.

EorB - Curious as what devices you use when getting this problem.

I can't attach photos at all when using an iPad or iPhone - only works for me from a windows device. And even then the orientation of the photo is off from what is saved about half the time

And no I don't use the craptastic TGR app, for reasons I laid out in the "motherfuckin floating toolbar" thread. Better experience? BWAHAHHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    EorB - Curious as what devices you use when getting this problem.

I can't attach photos at all when using an iPad or iPhone - only works for me from a windows device. And even then the orientation of the photo is off from what is saved about half the time

And no I don't use the craptastic TGR app, for reasons I laid out in the "motherfuckin floating toolbar" thread. Better experience? BWAHAHHAHA
    Pretty much all coming from macbook.

telebob you may want to look into the orientation in which you're taking the pictures with the iphone. Over the summer I was using a windows system for work and several times had the same problems you describe. From what I have researched, when taking pics landscape the volume buttons should be facing down to avoid having flipped images when imported to a windows computer. Fucking retarded but it is what it is.

Though I don't use the app much I have been resorting to it for posting pics lately... But that doesn't help for the pictures I have on my camera, like the two pics above.

One of mine that used to be a "?" is now just non-existent, and the pic itself, which was once uploaded and at least visible to me, is now gone...progress? Change?

#HughConwayJoinedFlickr'sSkiForum

Gifs don't work on the mobile app lately.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Pretty much all coming from macbook.

telebob you may want to look into the orientation in which you're taking the pictures with the iphone. Over the summer I was using a windows system for work and several times had the same problems you describe. From what I have researched, when taking pics landscape the volume buttons should be facing down to avoid having flipped images when imported to a windows computer. Fucking retarded but it is what it is.

Though I don't use the app much I have been resorting to it for posting pics lately... But that doesn't help for the pictures I have on my camera, like the two pics above.
    Yeah...when I have volume buttons facing down (home button on right) image ends up upside down by the time it gets to TGR. Home button at bottom (portrait mode) image is 90* counter clockwise. Sometimes. Sometimes it works fine. No fuckin rhyme or reason

Loaded YouTube videos have no volume, been a problem for a while. app still crashes regularly, usually when swiping thru pages. Ipad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Loaded YouTube videos have no volume, been a problem for a while. app still crashes regularly, usually when swiping thru pages. Ipad
    Are you using the Embed Existing poption that throws the youtube link in between these tags: ? We don't have any custom controls for the youtube embeds, so it should work fine and looks okay when I do so on my end.

And regarding Tapatalk issues, we are working to upgrade our Tapatalk software to the most current version, which I'm hoping solves your and other folks' issues with the app.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I can host an upload/ embed clinic at BBI as I think I have figured out most of the tricks
    skid luxury

Sorry just seeing this now. Found a glitch in how the image URLs were formed, causing the issue in shown in this post. Should be good now.