Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2015/2016 Canadian Rockies Thread

Too soon?

I see that RCR is letting us submit our own pass pictures this year. They already turned down my nude shot, said it was too dark.

I think I have an idea for my next attempt……….

Two last kicks at the can for summer, then it's time to burn some skis.

http://www.goldenultra.com

http://www.tourismgolden.com/activit...-club-bikefest

Its the fall just had 12 cows delivered. Does anyone know if Selkirk will be open in Nov like last year , need a ton of rock skis ground and a couple pairs of skis mounted.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Talk to Simmy at Derailed, I think he still has the old stone grinder in his garage.

So, how the hell was everyone's summer? Mine consisted mostly of downhill biking, disc golf and camping. And beer. And bourbon.

More importantly are we gonna have a real winter this season? Like without all the rain west of the divide?

Oh, selling my newer snowmobile. Got it is the sledding thread if anyone wants to check it out.

Summer was filled with biking with the 11 m.o., a lot, with some trail building mixed between. Mighty Quinn or the Super Loop were probably her most favourite trails judging from her laughter. Although she also enjoyed passing the "hardcore" bikers in spandex heading on our daily ride up CBT to Cedar Lake. With that said towing a total of 45lbs extra on the trails this summer has really conditioned me well. This parental leave thing isn't a bad gig.

If your looking to get one last good ride in, the Golden Cycling Club is opening it's latest trail soon, Hymenoptera. Look for it heading down near the CBC tower off of Hemiptera, you shan't be disappointed, got a few laps on it last night. Short but sweet.

Last ski season was by no means the worst, this one can be better. At least we don't have to put shower gel on our planks to slash turns in the sand.

Not much new at KH other than some more glading and some slope work on Tailspin to help those who are challenged get out of Crystal Bowl easier.

for the folks in the rockies.

season pass deadlines are October 15th, and prices will go up about 30% if you delay. Prices are for full adult pass.
    Norquay $500 (plus some $100/$200 deals but have blackout dates)
    lake louise $1000
    SSV $1100
    RCR (nakiska, fernie, kimberly, KH) $1200
    RCR + LL $1500
    Big 3 (SSV, LL, norquay) $1500
    Passport (SSV, LL, Quay, RCR, jasper) $1900

Day tickets $90 ish

Odds are discount cards will average out to $50+/day (after you ski 3+ days)

So, if you ski 1-3 days this year, buy day tickets
    if you ski 4-15 days buy a card. (10 days is twice a month over 6 month)
    if you ski 16+ days buy a pass. (15 days is 3 times a month, over a 6 month season)

Hey Mtnlion didn't you do a big ski rd trip at the end of last season? How'd it work out?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hey Mtnlion didn't you do a big ski rd trip at the end of last season? How'd it work out?
    was good, considering 2/3 of the areas I wanted to go to where having crap seasons (PNW and Tahoe) but skied 20 days at brider, and 15 other areas that where new to me as well. SLC area, and SW CO where all highlights.

This winter staying a bit more in banff, but a 2 week trip thru northern BC and AB, hitting all the small areas I have not gone to yet, plus 2 days at Northern Escape too.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    was good, considering 2/3 of the areas I wanted to go to where having crap seasons (PNW and Tahoe) but skied 20 days at brider, and 15 other areas that where new to me as well. SLC area, and SW CO where all highlights.

This winter staying a bit more in banff, but a 2 week trip thru northern BC and AB, hitting all the small areas I have not gone to yet, plus 2 days at Northern Escape too.
    Let me know if you make it to Powder king, I can show ya around.

Quote Originally Posted by point_it_downhill View Post
    Let me know if you make it to Powder king, I can show ya around.
    will do. its on the hit list.

What are the small areas in Northern Alberta? You mean like those places in the Peace?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    What are the small areas in Northern Alberta? You mean like those places in the Peace?
    http://www.skicentral.com/alberta-map.html

jasper mainly, but might do "silver summit" or "Nitehawk Ski Area" not expecting much, but like the small town vibe of the places.

this is the main focus, is the stuff around hwy16
    http://www.skicentral.com/britishcolumbia-map.html

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    If your looking to get one last good ride in, the Golden Cycling Club is opening it's latest trail soon, Hymenoptera. Look for it heading down near the CBC tower off of Hemiptera, you shan't be disappointed, got a few laps on it last night. Short but sweet.
    Thanks for the info, will check it out this weekend, one last bike roadtrip before winter. Got a LOT of travelling with the bike in this season but no Golden and not enough Revy. Got Cartier in but have been missing T4 and M7.

Anyone hitting up Freshtival this year. Trying to decide if I feel like driving down.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Was going through old pics and came across this one from a winter backpack trip to Farm Pass.

canmore ski swap next weekend

banff swap the weekend after.

also big3 passes, include bus transport this year. (RMP does NOT) so that will help parking and might be a bonus for some people too.

Make sure to hit up XXX-er for smithers area guiding and beta, and me for the same around Terrace (though I'm actually not officially a Terracite anymore, I still have buds up there). Sounds like a good trip already dude.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Sure, done lots of interpretive moments at HBM and The Hankin Evelyn back country ski area ... will guide for beer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nitehawk Ski Area

Ha. I had a race there once upon a time...

also big3 passes, include bus transport this year. (RMP does NOT) so that will help parking and might be a bonus for some people too.
    That's a pretty big bonus.

In another new. I quit my job ( that i fucking hate), working part time. See ya'll out there this winter.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Long shot but worth a try...

I'm looking to ski bum this winter and wonder if anyone has, or know someone who has a cheap room to rent.

OR would let me park my small trailer (6x10) at their place, provide an electrical plug in to keep it warm, and allow me to use their bathroom and kitchen in the house.

I'm out of work so looking to spend less than a lot of room for rent ads I've seen.

First choice would be Revy but I'm open to Golden, Fernie, Nelson, Beaver Mines Alberta... just about anywhere with a good ski hill.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    First choice would be Revy but I'm open to Golden, Fernie, Nelson, Beaver Mines Alberta... just about anywhere with a good ski hill.
    have you got a pass for any/all of the areas?

and with that in mind

1) canmore ski swap this weekend, at the canmore nordic center

2) ski pass deadline is TOMORROW (OCt 15)