Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Fun $15 ski day at Pano today. About 10 cm of super-light snow on top of a pretty firm base.

Found a single G3 skin on the trail to Taylor Lake today. Its in Calgary, send me a PM to claim.

Found Owner so happy ending.
    Last edited by sillybunt2; 01-11-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: outcome satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Fun $15 ski day at Pano today. About 10 cm of super-light snow on top of a pretty firm base.
    To bad there was a limited amount of tickets.... was wanting to take the family up but was told sold out.

hu? $15 tickets?

Free day at KH for locals, good snow:crowd ratio. Grooming has really stepped up a notch, Porcupine is groomed top-bottom which they've never done before. Needs a touch more snow to fill in smooth but well on the way to being a good vert blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    hu? $15 tickets?
    "National Ski Day". Pano, Nakiska, and a bunch of hills out East, had a limited number of $15 tickets on sale as a fundraiser for Alpine Canada.

"National Ski Day". Pano, Nakiska, and a bunch of hills out East, had a limited number of $15 tickets on sale as a fundraiser for Alpine Canada.
    Ah, interesting. Good fun raiser.

Any updates from Revy? Im thinking of booking a trip there the 1st or 2nd week of Feb. Any beta on cheap lodging or couches and a good mag guide? I can supply the brews and eats!

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Any updates from Revy?
    Try the 2015/2016 Southern Interior BC thread

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Try the 2015/2016 Southern Interior BC thread
    Thanks, i took a gamble and guess i picked the wrong thread.

Whooo Hoooo!!! It snowed in Jasper!!! After nearly a month dry spell it finally snowed! 3cm...

2 at lake, 4 at SSV.

was still skiing well today, not that bad considering its after the holidays, and has been -1,000,000'C for a while

Thinking is time to start the mono ski posse again. Are you in this year? I think I've decided it is mono time for the rest of the year of this keeps up.

SSV only reported a few cm, but it skied very well considering.

had not been into TPtown in a while. the new lift has FUCKED the area around the shoulder. Too bad the upper enterance is not in place anymore

Standish, and divide are getting a lot less pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    SSV only reported a few cm, but it skied very well considering.

had not been into TPtown in a while. the new lift has FUCKED the area around the shoulder. Too bad the upper enterance is not in place anymore

Standish, and divide are getting a lot less pressure.
    I noticed that last week when I was visiting. No upper entrance lower entrance appears to have trashed about 500 pairs of skis haha. Shoulder area itself skied pretty well last weekend. New lift was a boon for the wife in the -25C. I wonder what that thing cost to install and run though... hope it draws the crowds for them.

skied the lake today. Was like sex with the lights off. Felt good, but was fumbling around with no light.

also skied 4 laps down WH2. For no snow reported that sure skied nice (5+cm of blow)

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I noticed that last week when I was visiting. No upper entrance lower entrance appears to have trashed about 500 pairs of skis haha.
    I heard word that ski patrol got a call to recover some skis from that area a few days ago. They were expecting to have to look around for them in the trees but nope - they were perfectly lined up next to a pair of poles stuck in the ground. Someone apparently took one look at it, thought fuck that, and just walked off.

Hope I'm not offending by posting this here. I have a bunch of skis that I'd really like to not have anymore. In Golden and will let them go cheap to mags who want them, I just need them out. PM if interested, prices are not at all firm.

185 Epic Planks Crop Dusters, Tyrolia Adrenalins (G3 Skins Optional) - $500ish
    195 BD Amperage, mounted once - $50
    195 BD Gigawatt, mounted once - $50
    2 pair Volkl 27m GS Skis, Marker Comp 18/20 - I don't even know. 200 a pair?
    Last edited by m-ruta; 01-19-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Skied castle last weekend and for the amount of base it was pretty damn good. Following folks who know helped, but there was still decent skiing to be had if you looked around, with a bit of sift and a trace of new.

Had a wicked day touring in the Hobacks. No hurricane winds and half-way up boot top pow on a supportable crust. Bomber conditions on a SE aspect. I'd estimate the run was 2500vert and possibly my best ski touring in the Rockies so far (granted my experience is limited). Damn fine day.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by m-ruta View Post
    ]
    186 4FRNT EHP, Marker Jester w/ stripped heel track (easy/cheap fix)

PM or post a price?

2015/2016 Canadian Rockies Thread

Coming to Banff for Friday lads, anyone up for showing me around SSV or the lake? Beers back in town naturally on me.

Cheers
    Kyle
    Last edited by powtario; 01-20-2016 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Anyone ski Castle or Fernie today and have some beta? Might call it in tomorrow.

Fernie was fantastic today. Not sure if they'll get a refresher for tomorrow or not.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

How is fernie doing snow wise this year? Considering a trip out that way next month, went to revy last year and from the trail map it looks like fernie has a better mountain layout.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhulit View Post
    How is fernie doing snow wise this year? Considering a trip out that way next month, went to revy last year and from the trail map it looks like fernie has a better mountain layout.
    Did you look at the post right above yours?

Fernie has been really good this year. A few dry spells but that's to be expected.

4.5m of snow so far this year and 225cm base, I think. Pretty good for January and much better than I expected with El Nino.

Powder day yesterday and nobody showed up today to ski the leftovers and the leftovers are skiing really well... today was also very good.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season