Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    TGR ski movie at the brew pub tonight in banff

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    and one of the top 10, oldest, still running, lifts in north america too. you going to come do the "mnt smoker"? how many laps on the big chair in 3 hours.
    In past years I've been hammering 8 in 2 hours and pretty beat up at that point. Putting in 3hours would be tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    In past years I've been hammering 8 in 2 hours and pretty beat up at that point. Putting in 3hours would be tough one.
    old man....

Hey,

I've been lurking around here for a while but not really posting. I probably have met 1 or 2 people here and probably know more by association. Anyways, I'll be staying in Golden this winter, holed up in my plywood camper, but I'll be back and forth between there, Banff and Revelstoke (Living in your car has benefits you know).

I'll be new to Golden and it'll be good to meet some people in the area. I wont be heading out to Golden until around mid-December.

2015/2016 Canadian Rockies Thread

and one of the top 10, oldest, still running, lifts in north america too. you going to come do the "mnt smoker"? how many laps on the big chair in 3 hours.
    The rest must be at alta
    I rather posthole than take half of them

Skied a few short laps off wolverine today at SSV. Decent coverage but no base. Didn't hit much of anything until the ski out down at the end of the day.

Opening day could be good but there was A LOT of evidence of other poachers like us having been there before us... a lot of wawa was tracked out.
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 11-11-2015 at 12:51 AM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Opening day could be good but there was A LOT of evidence of other poachers like us having been there before us... a lot of wawa was tracked out.

might be staff working, putting up fence, signs, cat crew, ski/boot packing the runs etc...

I yardsaled on wiwaxi. That is all.

In my younger days I thought about that event, then I did a lap with a local and he schooled me so I tucked my tail between my legs and left...Think I did 8? Could barely walk...
    Marmots Knob chair has to be up there in the age department. Probably not top ten but getting close.
    Yes its called the Knob chair. If anyone is in town visiting I would be more than happy to show them the best ways to get down on the Knob. Most days I head right to the Knob and go up and down till I'm spent...(man that never gets old! Knob chair!!!)

That info makes the Knob chair seem newish! 1976 almost the same age as my knees...
    Last edited by jetski; 11-11-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added the date of the Knob...haha Knob...

Cant wait to show you around the Knob! Bring Skibee! (now its getting weird...)

What goes on on the knob stays on the knob

Dude, seriously? Always shower after being on the Knob...

In non knob-related news...

(Big MFing anti jinx.)

17 cm overnight up top in Jasper! Warm and wet too!

50 cm at both lake and SSV sure has not sucked/ wet snow (from a rockies standpoint) so this will also help to compress the base a bit better I hope.

Word is that Parker Ridge got that 50 too.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Anyone get out to Highwood today?

Quote Originally Posted by uriedog View Post
    Anyone get out to Highwood today?
    Not me, but it seems that the last pulse of snow favoured the divide and more northern areas (i.e. icefields parkway). K-country forecasters mentioning lots of wind. I'm usually an all-Highwood, all-the-time-until-the-gate-goes-down sort of person, but I think I'll give it a miss tomorrow. Seems like there are better places to go.

Louise area did well TL and BTL. Very high winds in the alpine Friday, and overnight to Saturday. 60 - 80 cm at TL on Friday, lots of wind effect. It's not quite a base yet (tough going up or down if you had to break), but it's setting us up nicely.

Taps should be more or less open through mid-week, here's to hoping.

Anybody using Quiver Killer inserts? Got them put on two pairs but now have to get new fasteners in Calgary at Bolt Supply if any one wants me to pick some up.

Just a reminder that Selkirk is doing their $35 for binding mounting or full tune. I had some pretty trashed skis come out pretty sweet.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

What binding? I have a couple sets of screws for G3 ions in gearswap, turned out to be a couple mm too long for my needs but may be able to work for others.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Fasteners for quiver killer inserts have a M5 machine screw thread so the screws that come with bindings will not work. Why they picked a metric thread I don't know but maybe to get the fastener sales.

So my run would only help somebody that also has or thinking about installing quiver killers.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Tile address numbers

A bit of spam but if you want a unique house number sign, a friend of ours will be at the Golden Xmas craft fair taking orders for custom tile house numbers. Won't use her name as I didn't ask or want to name drop but she'll be the little person. Example of what she did for us. Can order much smaller if you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	171892  

Hey Doug no option in golden for screws? That is a fairly common metric screw. We used to buy them and M6's through our local hardware store.

And it is snowing again in Jasper (15 more over night)
    Move along nothing to see here.