Winthrop, WA trail conditions?

skibee and I are heading this way in the next week or two. Just wondering about condidtions, with the fires that where going in August. Stuff open? still rideable? still worth riding? We will be in Rossland for a few days, and making are way to seattle, and portland area for the end of the month, and this looks fun and on the way

Looking good. We are supposed to get some rain this week too. There are lots of open trails and it's worth riding. Swing by Methow Cycle Sport on the NW end of town across from the baseball field to get some trail advice. Old Schoolhouse Brewery or East 20 Pizza are both good choices for beer/food.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Old Schoolhouse Brewery or East 20 Pizza are both good choices for beer/food.
    Haven’t been to the Schoolhouse brewery in a few years, but I had a good pizza at East 20 over Memorial Day.

We did a fun loop off of Goat Creek Road which went by some XC skiing huts. I’ve never ridden Cutthroat Pass, but have wanted to be on my bike when hiking it.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

^^^This:

I'm here now riding. Leaving soon.
    Everything is in great shape.

The new place to try is Copper Glance, an upscale bar in Winthrop, pretty amazing. http://www.copperglancewinthrop.com

Cutthroat trail has been fixed up, it's probably worth doing, as the larches are changing.

Best new trail is the woodpecker trail out of Sun mountain ask at the shop.

Rain last night.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I've never ridden up there but I bet it's a great time of year to go. How much did the trails get dumped on over the last two days?

Barely. But enough to knock the dust down a bit. The trails are all in great shape. Spring is a great time to be here because you can ski and bike in the same day, but the best trails are snow covered then. If you want to ride, now until the trails are covered in snow is the best. Wife near the top of Cutthroat last fall:
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Thanks for the report and inspiration! Beautiful looking area. I'll have to come and check it out soon.

thanks, was a great time. Trails where mostly open, but a bit closed due to old burns. Its on the list to come back and spend some more time