Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    wins the internet for the day. awesome.
    Master of mediocrity.

Calling for a meter at Blanket Glacier chalet.

For those of you who don't know,i quit my real job and will be the bringer of stoke this winter! Until then lifestyle stoke!

Worlds smallest chain saw. wood stoke!

Because one of us is going to fall in a hole. Best know how to fish em out
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

^^^ Where you getting the meter at blanket forecast? It is supposed to dump but that seems excessive.....?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Showing 80ish on this forecast but they're usually a bit optimistic.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...halet/6day/mid
    Master of mediocrity.

Yeah, stopped paying attention to SF.com a while ago. But its always good to look at a few sources. Used to have the alpine fx login but not this year. spotwx.com is calling for up to 50cm. Either way I am stoked, just looking for more forecasting options (waste time online at work options)

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Yeah, stopped paying attention to SF.com a while ago. But its always good to look at a few sources. Used to have the alpine fx login but not this year. spotwx.com is calling for up to 50cm. Either way I am stoked, just looking for more forecasting options (waste time online at work options)
    Spot wx is pretty good. Some industry folk were giving it high praises. Lots of rain in revelstoke
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

I found it to be pretty "spot" on last winter. Having ski dreams

Your daily stoke post has arrived.

looks like it's fat ski puck drop time in yer 'hood?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnome.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	171021  
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    looks like it's fat ski puck drop time in yer 'hood?
    Will report back tmrw. Cold temps ahead. going to try to skin 5000m this week if any one wants to come up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446429127.976484.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	171048

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446429159.727099.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	171049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446429179.367887.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	171050

Busy day at mcrea, snow was supper supportive , some wind affect at TL and in alpine . Lots of thick/thin spots to lookout for. 40-60cms base 8 ish overnight and snowed another 4 during day. Poor viz
    Means lots of
    Alpine lines are left up there. Recommend sled drop if you can .

anyone else getting powed?

Nice looking turns . Good one

Nice work, jealous! Stoked on this start

looks good (need any free ptex yet?)

Oh shit yea, nice work.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post

anyone else getting powed?
    Oh my!

Found alive wandering around Rogers pass today. Some good to great snow up there boys!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446528528.160733.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	171114
    Alive slashing

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446528549.321584.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	171115

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1446528564.409307.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	171116

This concludes your daily stoke update.

We went to the gorge on saturday and found around 100cm of base at treeline but there's a nasty rain crust about 20cm down. We were trying to get to Rogers pass but hwy closure meant we had to come up with a plan B. Coverage was way better than expected at the bottom (1500m), the road is getting plowed too so get out there if you can. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps4p0jygva.jpg

Hey Canadians, the Season seems to be shaping up nicely at your side of the ocean, eh?
    Seriously though how likely is it that after the upcoming week some resorts in BC will open early? I have time on my hands and Europe is looking pretty dire. Shall i just wait and see what happens the coming week? I Can get to Vancouver for 700 euros and to calgary for 580 around november 17th.

Is it possible to get reasonable early season deals in the big resorts like revelstoke/ whistler or is it as expensive as it looks? My meager european sabbatical budget does not rival the budget of American dentists.
    And being completely clueless I'd like to ask which resorts should I visit (IF they open early) for nice green groomers.....errr wait..... for decent Inbound or slack country terrain comparable to Europe. (or nice trees with pillows if it keeps dumping).

If they dont open early... is it half easy to find decent touring terrain on my own or in other terms: would anyone show me around if a came say November 20th?
    Im still hoping that some forecast for the Alps materialises in the next 7/8 days. If not, and the snow has fallen in your part of the woods, I may really get a plane ticket.

I Have a ski touring/ resort/ cat trip planned to northern BC /Rogers pass/Terrace and so on with a camper van in February, but I havent done any reasearch on ski resorts close to any airports in southern BC so I thought I'd ask here.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Road is only plowed for a couple more weeks apparently. The radio codes and procedures/signage have changed so check your shit before you go. Don't want to hit anyone out there this winter.
    https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hth/engine...n_apr_2013.pdf

Looks like big precip coming but a big warm on Friday. Hopefully tomorrow delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Is it possible to get reasonable early season deals in the big resorts like revelstoke/ whistler or is it as expensive as it looks? My meager european sabbatical budget does not rival the budget of American dentists.
    And being completely clueless I'd like to ask which resorts should I visit (IF they open early) for nice green groomers.....errr wait..... for decent Inbound or slack country terrain comparable to Europe. (or nice trees with pillows if it keeps dumping).

If they dont open early... is it half easy to find decent touring terrain on my own or in other terms: would anyone show me around if a came say November 20th?
    Im still hoping that some forecast for the Alps materialises in the next 7/8 days. If not, and the snow has fallen in your part of the woods, I may really get a plane ticket.

I Have a ski touring/ resort/ cat trip planned to northern BC /Rogers pass/Terrace and so on with a camper van in February, but I havent done any reasearch on ski resorts close to any airports in southern BC so I thought I'd ask here.
    If you're looking to go really early, Lake Louise. Not sure what you like about euro terrain, but it's got lots of good steep chutes, open faces. Sunshine deserves a mention as well, but the hill is generally pretty flat. There's a couple zones with steeps, then you meadow skip on cuord forever to get back the lift. The Dive might not be open yet anyways, and without it, the hill is pretty boring. Early december onward, Kicking Horse opens up, and has a plethora of steeps, you will definitely be able to find many lines nearly at your skill level to try out and shit your pants. Because of the way the lifts are run at the hill, once they open, the gnarly terrain is open right away. Not very many people who will argue with the Horse having the best steep terrain when it snows (Whis people might, but see below. KH is steep top to bottom). Generally get the same storm systems, but the accumulation is relatively meager compared to Revy and Whis, that's its main downfall. People bitch about the amount of Calgarians but really we've got it good that way compared to Whistler. Never skied it because I can't stand dealing with too many people on the hill.

KH doesn't open early. If things are good, they might do a bonus weekend or two prior to 7 day/wk opening date. Had some of my best days riding lifts at the horse in early December. Both Revy and Golden (KH) have Rogers Pass nearby for awesome, accessible touring. Little bit faster from Revy, and there's a few days the Golden side of the pass gets closed while still being accessible from Revy.

This year hasn't been anything much out of the ordinary October onward, but looks like the next week is gonna be a chain of systems. Should be pretty good everywhere for southwest Canada.

Been out most days these last few weeks . Some good snow to be had out there and coverage is improving.
    This next storm should set us up nicely. Anyone else notice how many fucking people there are out there? I saw a group of 19 last week . 19!!! Everyone just walking up old skin tracks with their heads down and cellphone selfies.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447227519.291310.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	171643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447227547.620901.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	171644

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    If
    This year hasn't been anything much out of the ordinary October onward, but looks like the next week is gonna be a chain of systems. Should be pretty good everywhere for southwest Canada.
    Thanks. I was considering whistler or revy because they open early and get more snow. Right now the mid to long term forecast (8 to 10 days+) does not look too encouraging, but you will get a decent base in the next 7 days and I hope long term changes for the better.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.