Armada Kufo Mounting Point

I tried searching but simply came up with info for the JJ etc, nothing on the Kufo.

Here is Armada's PDF for mounting specs
    http://armadaskis.com/cms/wp-content...ide.pdf?c686b2

I'm mounting some Marker Kingpings on to my Armada Kufos (186 cm). I've done some research and aside from on the line, the only other advice I've received is to mount -2.5 cm from someone who has skied the 177 cm.

I'm going to be using Dynafit Vulcans and essentially utilize the Kufo as my all mountain ski + lots of touring slack country and full on touring. Any advice on mounting position for Kufo's would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Kufo View Post
    Bump
    This was posted a while but I wanted to add my two cents for anyone else with these skis. I have the 177 mounted with G3 Ions. I skied on them for a while with bindings mounted on the manufacturer recommended lines and I always had the 'too much tail' feeling. It was difficult to get the tails to break loose on command which made them a handful in tight trees, etc. I found this odd as I also have a pair of 174 TST's mounted on the lines which are more or less identical skis and they dont have this problem, so I figured it was the binding mount position.

I recently had the bindings remounted at -20mm from the line and this has improved things immensely. Carving chop and hardpack is unchanged (they'll still carve hard if you want them too) but now I'm able to break the tails loose whenever I want. This has dramatically improved their demeanor in the trees and I'm much happier with the way these sticks skis. So if anyone out there is pondering where to mount these i recommend 10-20mm back from the line. This applies to the Armada KUFOs from 2015 - the skis with the white topsheet. I'm not sure if it applies to this years model(s).

I've got em in 186 mounted on line. Threaded inserts and swap between sth and dynafit speed bindings. Not to muddy the water but I've noticed huge difference between the two which I think may be more attributable to ramp angle. They feel absolutely perfect with the sth, tails cut loose easy. With the dynafits it definitely takes more attention to stay out of the backseat and takes more body english to break the tail loose. I'm going to try some shims this week. I really like these skis though.