Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anders Osborne

Anders Osborne

Damn, this dude fkn rocks. I bought the Black Eye Galaxy CD, and will be picking more up soon. He's touring some with his band, and some with Luther Dickinson from North Mississippi All Stars, renamed as North Mississippi Osborne.

This is a pretty great show. If possible, play it through a system with some low end, Carl Dufrene lays down a bass track that, in concert, hits you right in the gut.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Good stuff, Sams digging it.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

He's awesome. A great show. Saw him with his band, then later in the year as NMO. That cranked it up a notch. If he comes to your town, see him.

Fantastic musician! See him if you can!

I'll catch him at the Lockn Festival next weekend!

saw anders the first time at NOLA Jazz fest, and a few times since including with the Southern Soul Assembly (marc broussard, luther dickinson, anders, and jj gray)

we saw him last month at Jay Peak at the 2-day Dark Star Festival called Jeezum Crow, and Tye is 100% right, he fucking rips. And loves playing, and his band is smoking.

He's a don't miss act.

link to his Holiday Spectacular #4 at Tipatina's last month, with Sam Bush and Jackie Greene pitching in...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

fuuuuuu...
    This is melting my mind right now, thanks tye1 for turning me on to this guy in the other thread...

Just picked up tickets to see him 8/11 at the Narrows Center, a cool local venue here. They have some other good shows coming up, tempted to go see James Hunter the night after Anders: http://narrowscenter.ticketfly.com

Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    fuuuuuu...
    This is melting my mind right now, thanks tye1 for turning me on to this guy in the other thread...
    That was hot!

Saw him with Phil Lesh last year. Dude fkn kills it!

More love needed from the Dead contingent. And the Nevilles contingent. And the Contingent contingent.

So pumped for this show in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    More love needed from the Dead contingent. And the Nevilles contingent. And the Contingent contingent.

So pumped for this show in 2 weeks.

think i've heard this one live 4-5 times now, it's a staple...and for good reason!

This blew the entire state of Wisconsin into the UP.

The Amy Helm Dead cover then Anne Harris fiddle rock between 40 and 55 minutes is $$$$$. The fact is was produced/directed/made by college kids is awesome! [and explains some of the camera angles, etc]

Seeing him tonight. will report back.

Well that was fucking outstanding. I don't even know the names of most of the songs but he played the hell out of them. Hot version of Burning on the Inside which is the only song i knew the name of. I will definitely be seeing hm again. Band was smoking too. Fuck it was loud though, I think my ears are bleeding.

Cool venue also, top floor of an old 1900-era textile mill in Fall River Mass., super high ceilings, old wood floors, byob, coolers allowed, holds about 350, big windows overlooking Mt. Hope Bay. James Hunter is playing there tomorrow night, I may go back. http://www.narrowscenter.org

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Damn, this dude fkn rocks. I bought the Black Eye Galaxy CD, and will be picking more up soon. He's touring some with his band, and some with Luther Dickinson from North Mississippi All Stars, renamed as North Mississippi Osborne.

This is a pretty great show. If possible, play it through a system with some low end, Carl Dufrene lays down a bass track that, in concert, hits you right in the gut.

Loved seeing him come up in New Orleans. French Quarter Fest as a head liner even back in 2010 I think. He has been a town favorite for years.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Well that was fucking outstanding. I don't even know the names of most of the songs but he played the hell out of them. Hot version of Burning on the Inside which is the only song i knew the name of. I will definitely be seeing hm again. Band was smoking too. Fuck it was loud though, I think my ears are bleeding.

Cool venue also, top floor of an old 1900-era textile mill in Fall River Mass., super high ceilings, old wood floors, byob, coolers allowed, holds about 350, big windows overlooking Mt. Hope Bay. James Hunter is playing there tomorrow night, I may go back. http://www.narrowscenter.org
    why on earth do you live in Fall River?

I'm in Westport, which is right next door to but very different than Fall River. I actually kinda like Fall River, but generally in the daytime. The Narrows Center is only like 2 blocks off 195, right by the battleship and a few restaurants and whatnot, it seems pretty under control around there.

I'm in Westport, which is right next door to but very different than Fall River. I actually kinda like Fall River, but generally in the daytime. The Narrows Center is only like 2 blocks off 195, right by the battleship and a few restaurants and whatnot, it seems pretty under control around there.
    righton, yeah i've heard about that place. tedeschi trucks played there at some point...

glad you saw anders - the guy is absolutely amazing.

NMO tonight, should be good.

Great artist. He was a regular at New Orleans festivals.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Playing 8 shows solo autistic tour now
    was pleasantly surprised
    Last edited by mtbcat; 11-25-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Popped up as a facebook memory today.

Gonna see him solo in January, should be good I think. The club is the 8x10 in Baltimore, named for how tiny it is.