Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Texting addicts

At my job everyone in their 20's have their personal phones sitting in front of their keyboards. All day long, heads down every 30 seconds to look at texts/faceweb updates/junk pics/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Man on man texting.
    Whatever floats your boat. NTTAWWT

So to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Whatever floats your boat. NTTAWWT
    I get to be first mate.

iceman drives the boat chief.

but....my dealer only responds to texts.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Was having a conversation with Mrs bad dancer about texting and her getting frustrated with a friend of hers for not being able to set up some movie night or something. She was complaining about the lack of communication or whatever between her friends, bla bla bla.

Me to Mrs bad dancer....."Why dont't you just call her and get the details straightened out ?"
    Mrs bad dancer...."I'm not going to call her."
    Me..." Why not?"
    Mrs bad dancer......" I am going to text her first to ask her if I can call her. You don't just call someone up."
    I just walked away.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    but....my dealer only responds to texts.
    /endthread

Sent from the other side
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    PM me your email address and I'll email you to get your phone number and I'll text it to you.
    Email: "Did you get my text about leaving you a VM to call me?"
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

And don't even get me started on all these people (every single living millenial kid, to start) who think they can text while they're carrying on an in person conversation with you. There are times when you can say whatever the hell you want ("martians carrying lollipops just flew out of my butt") and they'll sit there with their stupid fingers tapping at their phone nodding and pretending to hear you.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    And don't even get me started on all these people (every single living millenial kid, to start) who think they can text while they're carrying on an in person conversation with you.
    It's the texts while walking and expects the world to get out of their way ones that drive me nuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

And don't even get me started on all these people (every single living millenial kid, to start) who think they can text while they're carrying on an in person conversation with you. There are times when you can say whatever the hell you want ("martians carrying lollipops just flew out of my butt") and they'll sit there with their stupid fingers tapping at their phone nodding and pretending to hear you.
    They are basically telling you: sorry, you are not that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's the texts while walking and expects the world to get out of their way ones that drive me nuts...
    I've just started walking into these people. The look on their face is priceless.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    They are basically telling you: sorry, you are not that interesting.
    Trust me, I'm not choosing to speak with them (and they do it to everyone because they don't know how to put down their stupid devices). Human interaction is something these dweebs should figure out.
    [quote][//quote]

doughboyshredder Guest
    What gets me is people that send you an e-mail to ask you to call them.

I have an idea, how about you just tell me what you need to tell me in the e-mail you are sending.

Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I've just started walking into these people. The look on their face is priceless.
    Just trip them.

Trust me, I'm not choosing to speak with them (and they do it to everyone because they don't know how to put down their stupid devices). Human interaction is something these dweebs should figure out.
    The devices are so addictive they create zombies out of everyone.

It's just a temporary thing, it will stop soon when we get the chips implanted in our brains.

As bad as compulsive texting is, what are worse are voicemails from people who don't know how to say it short and sweet and hang up. (I'm an offender myself--somehow I need to say the same thing 3 times minimum. So I try not to leave voicemails.)

Have a buddy who is so addicted to texting he constantly tries to carry on conversations via text. I refuse to bite.

I fucked with him last week and called him, made him talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    As bad as compulsive texting is, what are worse are voicemails from people who don't know how to say it short and sweet and hang up. (I'm an offender myself--somehow I need to say the same thing 3 times minimum. So I try not to leave voicemails.)
    "Call me back at (really fast string of numbers.) It's important." Yeah, and I have to replay the message 5 times to get the fucking number wrong anyway.

I text during the day because 9/10 times I cannot speak on the phone due to where I am. Other times I text because it's a nice, slow conversation over time. I never expect anyone to text me back immediately. I also then have a record of what the fuck it was about, especially for longer-termed things, rather than having to rely on my near-alzheimer memory.

Texting while walking is hilarious. I just stop and let them run into me. Sorry, Rodneyvee and STFU&GBTW, but I only trip small children running in the aisle on an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    "Call me back at (really fast string of numbers.) It's important." Yeah, and I have to replay the message 5 times to get the fucking number wrong anyway.
    No shit. Even slow talking people somehow manage to become speed talker when it comes to leaving their phone number on voicemail. WTF ? I just don't call them back.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I never even try to listen to voicemails. I glance at visual voicemail sometimes but if it's someone I know and I want to talk to them I just call them back. I never leave voicemails either, I just hang up. It shows up on their phone, they'll call me if they want to.

Basically I hate voicemail.

Some people get a little miffed that I didn't listen to their five-minute message but hey.

I think this Napoleon guy was on to something.

It was a whimsical economy of the same kind which dictated his practice, when general in Italy, in regard to his burdensome correspondence. He directed Bourrienne to leave all letters unopened for three weeks, and then observed with satisfaction how large a part of the correspondence had thus disposed of itself and no longer required an answer.

Ralph Waldo Emerson - "Napoleon; Man of the World"

Eh, six of one. I hate talking on the phone personally and virtually never answer a call unless I know the person already and I know they aren't gonna just chat and make niceties. You can whinge about the "good old days when people communicated" all you like, text/email has all the advantages of being asynchronous: you can defer reading it, you can re-read it if you forget, it is in an objective format immune to background noise in the car and mumbling and speech impediments etc.

If you chat/blather in text that is bad, but no worse than on the phone. At least when you're texting me your blather I can be doing something less shitty than listening to your stupid fucking voice, mom.