Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Still waiting for my FT heelpieces to come in

I'm still waiting on Speed Radical heel pieces to be returned to me. Has anyone heard anything? I just called Lydia at Salewa(303-444-0446) and left a message. Sent an email asking status a week ago and no response.

I'm still waiting for the shop to phone saying they are here.

I'm still waiting for Radical Speed heel pieces as well. They've had mine since 12/16.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    I'm still waiting on Speed Radical heel pieces to be returned to me. Has anyone heard anything?
    Got mine back yesterday. They were out of stock on Speed Radical heels until a few days ago.

3 hours after my last post the shop phoned to say my FT heels had arrived - perhaps they read these forums

And a few hours after I posted the above I got an email from Lydia saying they were being shipped that day.

Cheers

I never got a response from Lydia at Salewa but my bindings shipped last Thursday 1/14 and arrived yesterday (my office was closed over MLK weekend).

Looks like they are using an outside fulfillment agency to handle claims fulfillment and shipping, which may explain the lack of info from Salewa.

I'm happy to report that I received entire heelpiece assemblies, including new baseplate and anti-rotation mechanism. When they had asked us to send in the top piece I was concerned that I would still be on my old base plates which are really worn. Thanks Salewa!

(Also, I saw the new Radical 2.0 in a shop and they look much improved)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I'm happy to report that I received entire heelpiece assemblies, including new baseplate and anti-rotation mechanism. When they had asked us to send in the top piece I was concerned that I would still be on my old base plates which are really worn. Thanks Salewa!
    Lucky you! I only received the heel pieces and had to use my old baseplates (although mine were ST, not Speeds, so maybe that was the difference).

I have a pair of radical st bindings, version 2 I believe. They have the grey screws and the additional rib of plastic. Two of the front screws have sheared off. I saw earlier in the discussion someone suggested replacing the radical heel piece with the speed turn heel. Are the hole patterns the same? Can I install the brake from the radical on the speed turns? Has anyone solved their radical heel piece failure by replacing the radical heel with speed turn heels?

Speed turn heels have the same pattern as Radical 1.0, but no way to install brakes on the speed turns.

Plum guides have the same heel pattern as well and look to have a way to add brakes to the heel.

It looks like some folks like the combination of a radical toe and plum guide heel. This is appealing in that I wouldn't have to drill any new holes. I have binding freedom inserts installed in two pairs of skis for the radical pattern. If I went the route of replacing the radical with the plum guide (toe and heel), what kind of hole interference could I expect with the toe hole patterns?

Anybody have any experience with using a plum heel and dynafit toe? Or, is there a thread somewhere where people are discussing this? Searching didn't turn up anything dedicated to this topic.

Bumping an old tread. I found someone selling some speed radical heels that look like version 1 (no metal plate per wildsnow) that have some damage. Is the recall/replacement still happening? If so do they require an original purchase receipt?

I did it last summer, just sent in my old towers, once they got them, they send me new ones.

Easy enough to contact them and ask, but I'm assuming it would be fine.

I would email info AT salewa.com and send some photos of the heel. No receipt was required.

actually it's info at salewa.us

Quote Originally Posted by carlhulit View Post
    Bumping an old tread. I found someone selling some speed radical heels that look like version 1 (no metal plate per wildsnow) that have some damage. Is the recall/replacement still happening? If so do they require an original purchase receipt?
    EDIT: I'm going to email Salewa and see what happens!

For anyone interested, these are most likely the heel towers in question:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s0asylt.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	731.4 KB 
ID:	200638

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3WAhTqO.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	647.7 KB 
ID:	200639

Okay, that's only one of them. The other is fine.

I am also interested in whether Dynafit is likely to replace these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yzZ88Cr.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	638.7 KB 
ID:	200637