Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    He meant me.

Edit: it gives me indescribable joy to see my kids at concerts. Thanks for the hookup TC (the real TC!)
    Awesome!! Glad we were able to dance all over Fenway. That hardly resembled the show we saw in Worcester last Fall, I'm a buyer of future tours for sure.

Just listening to Friday now, anytime St Stephen/Dk Star/terrapin/drums takes over an hour I'm a happy head.

John and Oteil are a bruising duo, the Slipknot jam was thick and heavy.

Bob's health is the only thing I can see stopping this band from playing for a couple years and he looks pretty good so, game on again!

He even hung around to play with McCartney last night

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    that Blakesburg shot is a keeper
    look at how stoked Billy looks
    great shot
    That is exactly what I noticed in that pic also.

First night we had decent spot with space and air.

This hotel (the Verb) was cool. Woke to a little Bob

Chill before night two...the contrast was beautiful

I ended up overheating down low and I had to escape up. Ended up on top with a shitton of room to dance and cool air, private bar, bathroom. Slid right into that scene nicely.

Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Bob's health is the only thing I can see stopping this band from playing for a couple years and he looks pretty good so, game on again!
    Looks like he is carrying a bit too much weight, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    [/IMG

Good times!
    I was in an EMC suite for the first set Sat night, then got stubbed down to the floor. Danced on second base!!

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Looks like he is carrying a bit too much weight, unfortunately.
    Just a little paunch, he didn't have to sit on his stool. Although it was back there

I was in an EMC suite for the first set Sat night, then got stubbed down to the floor. Danced on second base!!
    Still can not comprehend the chairs in the outfield. So dumb. Overall just not a fan of shows in that venue, but I'm pretty picky. I like space.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Still can not comprehend the chairs in the outfield. So dumb. Overall just not a fan of shows in that venue, but I'm pretty picky. I like space.
    Agreed, I'm in favor of free ranging in general. Pretty fucking cool partying in Fenway tho.

Agreed, I'm in favor of free ranging in general. Pretty fucking cool partying in Fenway tho.
    I thought it was a great party... no one being hassled and lots of open imbibing. Even though we were pretty close, I still walked around the park a couple times, taking in the scene and running into friends. Everyone was in great spirits. Even in our seats, there was plenty of room to dance and they were very cool about us hanging in the aisle.

Strawjack, good move making it up into the roof. I can imagine the air behind home plate was pretty thick. We had a nice breeze on the field, so I was pleasantly surprised. Friends in the box next to EMC said it was like watching a PBS special from up there, but AC and private toilet is not a bad consolation. If I'm going to a show, I have to either be close, or have some room!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Attachment 185124

This is a great Jay Blakesburg shot of JM sending it on Friday.

Attachment 185125
    I saw that shot yesterday, kickass.

Heh Bobby and Paul McCartney I saw a vid this morning of it, way cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

Friends in the box next to EMC said it was like watching a PBS special from up there, but AC and private toilet is not a bad consolation. If I'm going to a show, I have to either be close, or have some room!
    Totally, the EMC thing was a hard pill to swallow after being in the pit Friday, my brother got free tix through work and we took two of my nephews. I'd rather have been up there than in the seats underneath us, at least we had unlimited head room

Made a break for the floor second set after fulfilling my uncle duty.

Great party all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I thought it was a great party... no one being hassled and lots of open imbibing. Even though we were pretty close, I still walked around the park a couple times, taking in the scene and running into friends. Everyone was in great spirits. Even in our seats, there was plenty of room to dance and they were very cool about us hanging in the aisle.

Strawjack, good move making it up into the roof. I can imagine the air behind home plate was pretty thick. We had a nice breeze on the field, so I was pleasantly surprised. Friends in the box next to EMC said it was like watching a PBS special from up there, but AC and private toilet is not a bad consolation. If I'm going to a show, I have to either be close, or have some room!
    Funny, as I was booted a couple times from aisle hanging. Friday there was a row of seats empty all night...because every time someone slipped in to dance the usher gave them the boot. He was a grumpy old fuck.

With the screens you don't even have to be close. I've never given a shit about being close anyway. It's always been about the music and the room to groove for me. Now don't get me wrong, having both at a show is just a bonus. i.e. small venues ftw.

[curmudgeon]Finally some Dead & Co. that I can listen too[/curmudgeon]

Johnny is still playing like he's paid by the note, but at least he has slowed it down a bit.

^
    The "new 3" are definitely taking over steering the ship the more I hear from the tour. The transitions are becoming much less forced and more natural. To me, it sounds like JM is listening to a lot of mid 70s Jerry, adding much more mixolydian mode (jazzy) to his playing instead of standard pentatonic blues...the jam in the middle of this clip (enhanced more by JCs solo) shows a lot of flexibility in his soloing from what I heard a few months ago. I will have to listen more but they might be starting to peak my interest as a band and not just a collection of top notch players.
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 07-28-2016 at 08:58 PM.

^look at you coming around

If anyone is on instagram, this guy is worth a follow -

https://www.instagram.com/kaleidosoundhead/

I was at the Shoreline show. Hadn't been back to Shoreline since the last time I saw the Grateful Dead, 6/3/95. The experience and musicianship I saw last Saturday beat the original experience hands down. I went with my Sister (who got me "on the bus" in the first place) and girlfriend, and ran into a good friend from my adopted hometown in the crowd.

The entire first set and the first half of the second set were everything I could have hoped for. "Days Between" is an energy suck for me so that pretty much ruined the 2nd half of the 2nd set but the encores had energy.

All in all it was the most emotional concert I've ever been to. The standout moment for me was the unexpected and seamless transition between Slipknot! and Shakedown Street. For many reasons I think that 30 seconds will be the most personally significant piece of music I will hear in my life.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

I hope these guys keep it going!

Stoke!

Second set Friday at Fenway was filthy

I have soundboards of the whole tour, let me know if anyone wants any shows.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I was at the Shoreline show. Hadn't been back to Shoreline since the last time I saw the Grateful Dead, 6/3/95. The experience and musicianship I saw last Saturday beat the original experience hands down. I went with my Sister (who got me "on the bus" in the first place) and girlfriend, and ran into a good friend from my adopted hometown in the crowd.

The entire first set and the first half of the second set were everything I could have hoped for. "Days Between" is an energy suck for me so that pretty much ruined the 2nd half of the 2nd set but the encores had energy.

All in all it was the most emotional concert I've ever been to. The standout moment for me was the unexpected and seamless transition between Slipknot! and Shakedown Street. For many reasons I think that 30 seconds will be the most personally significant piece of music I will hear in my life.
    Still not completely sure if you liked it or not....
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Oteil rides the L Train at the Gorge. I love this guy. Who does that these days, and owns it.

Love this guy

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/so-...-solo-on-acid/

Listened/watched the Eyes again. He was on fire!

he's cheesing face so hard in this pic
    i've been there so many times!
    love Oteil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dead-Company-Charlotte-Steven-Limentani-30-980x784.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	187440
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sing Me Back Home last night was hauntingly good. Warren, Jamey Johnson, and Alison Krauss...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

So I'm in for Fenway and probably SPAC, I just wish they'd stop putting Jeff and Oteil's names in small type on their marketing shit. Equal billing for equal jammers!!