Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    In for Usana in Utarrrr
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    So I'm in for Fenway and probably SPAC, I just wish they'd stop putting Jeff and Oteil's names in small type on their marketing shit. Equal billing for equal jammers!!
    I don't like that. Those guys are part of the groove. All names should be together. Regardless, I am damn glad to see another run announced. Told my Wife I am thinking about SLC- boulder run and HB- shoreline run. Plus, a likely evening, (or both), at Wrigley if we go to the Midwest to see family then. I might be sleeping outside for the season.

Hope to run into a few of you guys this summer.

Uasana and Boulder. See ya there.

So, in college in the regan-era southeast I was fortunate enough to to have a group of buds from the northeast/enlighted and saw a handfull of shows 83-87 or so, and a few early 90s. So I'm thinking hard now about a west coast pilgremidge as time is running out.

Thinking the two mountainview shows, but what does the populance think? For a good westcoast dead & co expereince? hotels, venue, etc. wife & maybe another couple.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    So, in college in the regan-era southeast I was fortunate enough to to have a group of buds from the northeast/enlighted and saw a handfull of shows 83-87 or so, and a few early 90s. So I'm thinking hard now about a west coast pilgremidge as time is running out.

Thinking the two mountainview shows, but what does the populance think? For a good westcoast dead & co expereince? hotels, venue, etc. wife & maybe another couple.
    Vacations are fun--do it. That being said, shoreline is kind of lame. Same old shed, tech suburbia, not scenic. If you drive a bunch you can of course see a lot of stuff around the bay and coast.

Side note:
    I grew up on east coast and saw all my brent era shows there. I was stoked to head west later, and then realized that west coasters wanted to go east... for the high energy.
    saw many Vince era shows on both coasts and overall I would say that for those days and especially with these grandpa style shows (phil and bob are damn old now and slow tempo) I have enjoyed east coast energy much more. Since 85 the vast majority of "it" shows were east of miss. The crowds just bring it. As much as you're likely to have a Boston or ny accent sing along to a ballad (and who cares about the singing of ballads these days anyway), I'd rather have the more up tempo of the east any day now. Apples to oranges, but crowd energy at gd50 in Santa Clara was weaker than furthur in Brooklyn.
    Not that you wanted to hear that rant.

If you're set on west coast go there, maybe consider -- boulder has a decent mix of east coast energy and west coast vibe and is nice to visit.

Not super happy they chose fenway again, but I'm sure we'll end up going.

The SLC venue is militant with the parking lot scene. My bud who lives in PC is heading to the Vegas show instead just because of that venue.

I would think the Folsom shows will be popular. Book your place to stay now.

May be heading out of town for the Folsom Field shows, maybe I can rent my house to a mag coming into town.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Got mine for SLC and wrigley. Gonna skip west coast. Forgot to get the presale code for boulder. Will likely hit those too.

Quote Originally Posted by christoweber View Post
    Vacations are fun--do it. That being said, shoreline is kind of lame. Same old shed, tech suburbia, not scenic. If you drive a bunch you can of course see a lot of stuff around the bay and coast.

Side note:
    I grew up on east coast and saw all my brent era shows there. I was stoked to head west later, and then realized that west coasters wanted to go east... for the high energy.
    saw many Vince era shows on both coasts and overall I would say that for those days and especially with these grandpa style shows (phil and bob are damn old now and slow tempo) I have enjoyed east coast energy much more. Since 85 the vast majority of "it" shows were east of miss. The crowds just bring it. As much as you're likely to have a Boston or ny accent sing along to a ballad (and who cares about the singing of ballads these days anyway), I'd rather have the more up tempo of the east any day now. Apples to oranges, but crowd energy at gd50 in Santa Clara was weaker than furthur in Brooklyn.
    Not that you wanted to hear that rant.

If you're set on west coast go there, maybe consider -- boulder has a decent mix of east coast energy and west coast vibe and is nice to visit.
    Good information thx. I'm in southeast and Atl close; if I were going to travel / fly to another show, what would you suggest? again thx for input!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    Good information thx. I'm in southeast and Atl close; if I were going to travel / fly to another show, what would you suggest? again thx for input!
    Never been to the Hollywood bowl or know the la scene very well. Phoenix is not my cup of tea. Vegas is Vegas (fun for a little while imo and cheap). Salt lake ... better for skiing. Boulder is cool if you're into mostly wealthy Patagonia types w some young wooks that show up out of the woodwork. It's my home town so I like it.
    Too bad they're not playing the gorge.

^

Gorge is a venue I have always wanted to catch a show at. The place seems to bring out the best in almost every band.

Dead and Company.

Fantastic place to see a show. I've seen some acts there that I would not choose to see anywhere else and they blew me away. The crowd is always alive there. Tough not to be!
    Last edited by schwerty; 12-05-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Got mine for SLC and wrigley. Gonna skip west coast. Forgot to get the presale code for boulder. Will likely hit those too.
    Also in for Salt Lake. See you in the SLC are you rolling down solo? Definitely have a place for you to stay and drink

I am still pondering a Wrigley run. If i can mix in a Cubs game too i will most likely go.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

presale code I got for Fenway is bunk, anyone got one that works?

EDIT: the code I got for SPAC worked.

fucking $29/ticket processing fee plus another random $4.85 processing fee at the end

such bullshit

Floor Pits for both nights done
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 12-12-2016 at 11:30 AM.

presale code I got for Fenway is bunk, anyone got one that works?

EDIT: the code I got for SPAC worked.

fucking $29/ticket processing fee plus another random $4.85 processing fee at the end

such bullshit

Floor Pits for both nights done
    Rip off. Feels like such a money grab.

I am making no effort for these shows.

Ticket prices are one thing, fees are another issue. I know I won't care about either when the first set starts

Ticket prices are one thing, fees are another issue. I know I won't care about either when the first set starts
    Same feelings.

Telee - I'll probably be headed down with a friend from the Midwest. Over to the boulder shows after. Will plan on hanging! (And fishing a few times before that !)

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Same feelings.

Telee - I'll probably be headed down with a friend from the Midwest. Over to the boulder shows after. Will plan on hanging! (And fishing a few times before that !)
    We should have a pre show boulder hang. I could host a BBQ or something if my wife is up for it.

I kinda feel the same way. It's more like printing money than stealing it though. Last summer I didn't buy tickets and ended up winning a pair from the radio last minute. Had a blast but really the sound wasn't the best at the venue. Finally listening to the soundboard yesterday and am finding the sound issue was the venue and not the band. Pretty great party though so I might put a little effort in once tour time gets closer.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Rip off. Feels like such a money grab.

I am making no effort for these shows.

i bought fenway for saturday night but decided against both nights when i did the math and figured it would cost $1,500 to do both shows and stay in the city with my wife.

im done with these big shows and ridiculous ticket prices. JRAD is better. $160 per ticket? FUCK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    JRAD is better
    just heard the same thing from a buddy of mine, they do crush it.

they do crush it.
    ^^^this.

will be in boulder though.

Caught JRAD at the Ogden Thursday night. My first time seeing them. Yea, they crush. Mind = blown. Buddy had an extra for me for Boulder but I bailed with the weather and quite frankly needed the rest with some fathering to do today. I'll be catching them when I can from now on. Already grabbed tickets for the 4/29 RR show w/ MMW.

Bump for the upcoming tour.

Anyone going to SLC and/or Boulder?

Heh, I'm actually leaving boulder that weekend.

My house is available for trade/rent.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy