Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fear The Walking Dead

I watched the pilot.

It's a prequel set in LA with a dysfunctional family

I give it a "Meh" but will check out episode 2.

I figure it deserves its own thread from the original series. Maybe

Seems to have racial overtones: nothing but (semi) significant black characters turning. Kevin, the principals next according to the previews, and obviously the sister twit's black boyfriend has been virused. Gloria doesn't count.

And you call that a dysfunctional family?!?!? Even the dope head son knows what to do when confronted by a packin' drug dealer or his zombie dopelganger. If, by dysfunctional, you mean supremely annoying, then I grant you the stuck up twitty twatty sister takes the prize ...... may she become the pus-ridden, maggoty eye balled zombie queen.

Second episode didn't relieve my mehness. Gonna give it one more chance.

When's the real show gonna start up again?
    Last edited by soups818; 08-30-2015 at 09:50 PM.

My wife kept yelling at the people in the TV. "don't go in there you idiot" "Use the fire ax you idiot" "Get the hell out of town now, screw your stupid husband" She's, um, having difficultly adjusting to the story as pre-zombie wasteland.

The real TWD starts on Oct 11

So this pretty much sums it up...

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/3...=podsch.nf1juu

I think the series has started out awesome.

I see this show defiantly continues its predecessor's central motif: casting talented black actors who are alumni of The Wire and then killing them off so we can spend extra time watching a whiny white teenager struggle to act their way out of a wet paper bag. If all three of those shitbags survive the first season, there is no justice in this world. Adios, Randy, I guess you were just too black for the apocalypse, just like Cutty and D'Angelo. We needed to get you out of the way so we can introduce and then promptly kill Lester Freamon next week. We all really, really want to watch a show that focuses on three stereotypicaly self-centered, piece of shit teens who fuck up over and over and over while their ineffective parents flail around wondering why their kids flat out suck as human beings. Seriously, those kids wouldn't be likable even if they were the last teens on earth. WTF is this, Walking Dead meets the dysfunctional version of the Brady Bunch? The writers thought, hey, everyone hates Carl (excuse me, COR-al) so having three Carls will be an improvement?
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-03-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Well stated, Senor N. Deep!

If this turns out to be a prolonged story about how they all learn to come together as a family...well. i'm just gong to puke in disappointment. If zombie doomsday goes as well for them as it did for the Greene and Grimes families, then, i'm in. Time for a poll: Will the writers kill one of the central family ( the Clark/Manawa group) this season and which one goes first? Liza (Travis' bitchy ex-wife) is walking Zombie Chow imho so really I'm talking about those annoying kids. Will the writers sacrifice one of the douche triplets in place of COOOr-uhl? Maybe try to balance things out in the WD universe or something.

Hmmmm ........ addict tranny boy, 5-head snooty brainiac bad girl, or forever sophomoric Chico ...... tough call; I choose ............ ALL THREE! BWHAHAHAHAHHA!

On a lighter note, since it's inevitable that ruben blades dies horribly, we can only surmise how and when

doughboyshredder Guest
    I really like it so far. Agreed on the killing off of black characters though.

Last weeks episode was an improvement. Tonight looks interesting, guard be looting or raping?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hauling people off to the "hospital" for experimentation?

Anybody else disappointed that the spin-off that billed itself as a tour of the zombie apocalypse suddenly hit the fast forward button and went straight to the L.A. version of Herschel's Farm? The end of times apparently consisted of a riot that looked like the backdrop for a bad 1980s music video and then we saw a couple zombies walking out of a hospital. Then, skip everything else...Oh....so that's how it happened. What a ripoff. This show is so fucking low budget compared to WD they apparently couldn't afford to put makeup on a herd of extras. Hey, a city of 5 million people just collapsed....it was epic.....sorry all we can budget for you is a 9 day fast forward to a bunch of unlikable d-bags still hanging out in suburbia. SUCKS! You get a D minus for this pathetically underfunded effort, Kirkman. Geez, talk about cashing in....I guess the joke is supposed to be that the L.A. suburbs are so devoid of life that a transition to zombie apocalypse would be rather uneventful.

^^Nailed it.

Supremely dissappointed in this show. Seriously. So much inter-family nonsense drama and so little of what the show is supposed to fucking be about! The god damn beginning of the zombie apocolypse! Also, is it me or are NONE of the characters likeable? They've spent so much time on character development and its gone nowhere with me.

Also, if they don't wash that junkys fucking hair at the hospital Im going to write a letter.

Gee, the whole world is coming to an end? What shall we do? How about a rousing game of Monopoly, or let's paint the house?

Holy Fuck this show sucks! It's like a combination of The Walking Dead and Under the Dome.

Come on guys, use your heads.

The producers know this show is a dead-end, so they're using the last few episodes to show the viewers how weak the characters really are. What happens on TWD when a character is weak? That's right, they're killed off. My hypothesis.... the entire cast is off'ed in the last episode when the zombies break into their "safe zone", eating them one by one while the eat a nice sit-down dinner in the newly painted kitchen. End of show.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I actually think the show will take off shortly.

First of all, we already know what happened. The disease spread quickly, civilization fell apart, people got bit, and then bit more people, etc.....

No need to see episode after episode of that. I am sure there will be some flash backs to it.

This show is focusing on how things went from bad to worse and the deeper levels of the decay of society after shit hit the fan.

That being said I would be pretty stoked if Travis was killed off quick.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    I actually think the show will take off shortly.

First of all, we already know what happened. The disease spread quickly, civilization fell apart, people got bit, and then bit more people, etc.....

No need to see episode after episode of that. I am sure there will be some flash backs to it.
    Yeah, why would you want a sci-fi/horror/action show with great special effects.....domestic melodrama, yeah, that's the ticket.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Yeah, why would you want a sci-fi/horror/action show with great special effects.....domestic melodrama, yeah, that's the ticket.
    There you go. I don't think they are trying to be a sci-fi/horror/action show. Maybe at some point the show will become a little bit more of a horror show, but I really think what they are going for is to get in to the psyche of the people that will end up like the Governor or like Negan, etc....

I think they want the show to be smarter than it is so far. How to the bad people become so bad. How do the good guys become heroes.

That kind of thing.

I really hope they pull it together cause this show could be great.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Getting better.

I think this series is fantastic. I feel like the way it is going down is fairly realistic so far. Hordes of 4 year old rotting zombies still able to get you is a bit out there.

A city of what, 10 million, and the only zombie we see is one from a long range rifle scope. I hope someone opens the doors to the arena and all 2000 take out what's left of the living lame-o's.

Good to see Travis step up and find a spine.
    Season 2 = Gilligan's Island?

Hopefully Season 2 = cancelled