Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The public Burton mismanagement call out....

http://yobeat.com/2015/08/24/an-open...ton-carpenter/

Yeah, this guy and his wife will be getting fired very soon. Most likely skiers, they don't snowboard. The letter does not publicly out them, but the comment section had buttered popcorn.

Get some more popcorn, this will be good.

"Greg and Anne-Marie Daschyn. The Burton Chief Creative Officer and his wife, the Burton President of Marketing, who reports directly to him. Greg is second to Jake and makes most of the calls. Well, the bad ones at least." comment section.

Here is the letter......

"Dear Jake and Donna,

There is a growing group of voices gaining volume and strength and it’s time to listen. We’re here to tell you what no one else will. There is a poison inside your company that has driven away countless amazing employees, derailed years of financial success and threatens the core structure and business you have spent an entire lifetime building. All you have to do is look at all the amazing people who have left your organization and what they have accomplished to see all the amazing talent you have lost.

You have two senior “leaders” working for you that have undermined you, your company, and the entire snowboarding industry for close to 15 years. The damage is deepening, and unless you take action soon, the situation will go from bad to dire.

They don’t snowboard, flaunt their wealth in the face of your modestly compensated organization, lead by intimidation and fear, and pursue countless failed projects under the guide of “being core” and “building a lifestyle business,” which benefits no one besides themselves.

Everything they do is to further their own personal agenda and undermine you. There is an old trope in the industry that these people must have some horrendous dirt on you or they would have been walked out the door a long time ago. We don’t beleive that, we just beleive they have deceived you in plain sight. One of the greatest cons in the history of action sports is going on right inside 80 Industrial Ave. It seems to be obvious to every person in the company and the industry as a whole. We hope you will finally see this for yourselves and make the right decision for your amazing company and the dedicated people that work for you.

Some obvious examples:

Open Drug use: One of these people allegedly drinks and does drugs in the office, and openly promotes drug use on social media.
    Financial Mismanagement: Multiple reports of a party they threw at the US Open, where damage at a rented condo of over $150,000, was billed back to Burton.
    ‘In’ or ‘Out’ Leadership: People who party with them are ‘in’ and those who don’t are ‘out.’ The ‘out’ people are routinely demoted, marginalized or fired at will. Those that actually have a real legal complaint against them have been swept under the rug with NDA’s and payouts.
    Coachella. One of the dozens of pointless marketing initiatives that have moved Burton further and further away from its core business. These moves have cost Burton millions of dollars, yet have only fueled this duo’s vanity and ego. Have any of these programs been successful or moved the needle for your brand?
    Failed Collaborations: How many “cool guy” product collabs have failed over the years and who lead them?
    Internal facts: An “anonymous” HR survey from two years ago was conducted where employees were afraid to answer honestly for fear of retribution from these two people. When asked offline, the number one problem inside Burton given: “These two people are the single biggest reason Burton is failing.”
    Entourage Syndrome: Their lifestyle has enabled your own vices under the guise of staying core. When you surround yourself by these people you are distanced from the reality on the ground. They only give you information you want to hear by distracting you with “coolness.”
    What is at risk?

Industry leadership: Jake and Donna, you created an entire movement and an industry. Not many people in the world can make that claim. Burton shrinking and/or imploding threatens the entire snowboarding industry.
    Employee Livelihood: As one of the largest employers and economic drivers in Vermont and Burlington, Burton is massively important. The ripple effct of losing your jobs in Vermont would be felt by many businesses and other industries.
    Your personal health: It is obvious that there has been a physical and psychological toll on both of you, and your family.
    All of these things make it harder to recruit and retain top talent and will continue to undermine success and profits. Profitability and growth is not only nice, it’s mandatory to keep any company going in the right direction.

Your challenge is to make the change the no one inside your company has had the guts to do. Not previous presidents, not the current CEO, not anyone, because these two people are “untouchable” inside Burton. Only you, Jake and Donna, can make this change, and the time is now. They are ruining your brand, threatening your loyal employees and putting your health at risk.

Get rid of these people immediately. They don’t care about snowboarding, or you. It’s obvious and has been for years. You will see an immediate improvement in morale and productivity the second they are walked out the door.

Sincerely,

Snowboarding"
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

This is snowboarding?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Tl;dr but you're good at getting people fired, so get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Tl;dr but you're good at getting people fired, so get on it!
    Public Lynchings are not my thing, but the mob is really good at blaming both the victim and the assailant. You have the dishonor of associating with the mob.....at least you have that going for you in what you might call a life......
    Terje was right.

Yawn. You do realize you are a running joke around here. Take a lap.

Since when is Burton in trouble as a company? There are other snowboarding companies besides Burton?
    Hahaha, dascunt, stfu.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Yawn. You do realize you are a running joke around here. Take a lap.
    Jesus a buttflake clone?

Sounds like some good ole fashioned Peter Line fun.

There are other snowboarding companies besides Burton?
    Very good one there......Burton has succeeded in the brainwashing of the skiing community= genius.....profit.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Jesus a buttflake clone?

Sounds like some good ole fashioned Peter Line fun.
    QFT....bro is on the tip...
    Terje was right.

Comment:

They even fired an assistant who tried to report them to HR for spending company money on drugs and personal things like $2500 chairs for their house, and expensing it. She was one doing the expense reports.

if true thats ugly and ill consider pawning a Love 158 with a nekkid hottie on it. This isnt Nam, there are rules.

Snowboarding, snowboarding
    Alta is for skiers
    Burton, jones is more relevant
    Why is the man always trying to keep us down. Power to the powder
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Save the plastic for the dildos!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Comment:

They even fired an assistant who tried to report them to HR for spending company money on drugs and personal things like $2500 chairs for their house, and expensing it. She was one doing the expense reports.

if true thats ugly and ill consider pawning a Love 158 with a nekkid hottie on it. This isnt Nam, there are rules.
    Ill take the Love 158 right now Paypal.

No one can have an assistant being a rat. That never works in any profession for chump change and party favors. Maybe the couch was ruined at a party and Jake said to replace it? Employees run with lore like herpes at a batmitfza
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    QFT....bro is on the tip...
    No, you're still a running joke; bro just wasn't here for the last time you got your panties in a bunch and tried to get others fired.....and unfortunately you've deleted the evidence that "you're not for public lynchings"

There may be legitimate gripes in house at burton, but We're certainly not going to take your word for it.
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 08-24-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I thought Jake was semi retired and the company was moving it's headquarters to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    No, you're still a running joke; bro just wasn't here for the last time you got your panties in a bunch and tried to get others fired.....and unfortunately you've deleted the evidence that "you're not for public lynchings"

There may be legitimate gripes in house at burton, but We're certainly not going to take your word for it.
    I am all for some resort employee getting fired for shouting "STFU" to a bunch of middle school kids.

What was the joke again?

Oh, right, you were getting bullied in school and now this is your chance to get revenge? Must be heart warming for you to find a cause so worth fighting for? i'll know I am right by the lack of replies.
    Terje was right.

Double post
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 08-24-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I looked up the two folks that letter was written about, Greg and Ann Marie Daschyn. I try not to judge based on appearances but Jesus Christ...

if these folks are the marketing and creative direction of Burton it essplains why Burton fell off so goddamn bad and is now a weird LA fashion joke instead of a snowboard company.

edit to add-she is kinda hot in that fat faced, pulled tight drank and partied way to much for too many years kinda way...

edit 2.0-fucking inserting images is a ridiculous chore. WTF TGR???

Inserting images is easy. U must be a showboarder

Ok maybe not. My shit is fucked

Fuxk this dumb snowboard thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440472237.096003.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	169076  
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I thought Jake was semi retired and the company was moving it's headquarters to Europe.
    Nope, Nike Snowboarding folded their snowboarding program and Nike is now lining up the caskets for the first round of firings and the buyout.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Brainy Smurf runs Burton?

Or is that Papa Smurf? I always get those two confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Hookers and Blow, I thought my team would get a better reception here......

Captain America or nothing for the new crowd? Ugh......we will all become Mormons, very sad day.

2014-2015, the season that the USA was offended by everything, when all along it was some spoiled wannabe ivy leaguer Mormon graphic designer internet troll trying to office space their way to a better 401K and office.....sad indeed.
    Terje was right.

Stfu, Donny.
    No longer stuck.

I have to admit that it's offensive that two of the people in high up positions at a snowboarding company don't fucking snowboard. That's ridiculous.

Their Instagram feeds remind me of the worst of Burning Man and Coachella, rolled into a shitdoughball and baked in a pie, without snowboarding.

Also, the OP's history makes this thread unsurprising. #DRAMAQUEEN
    Last edited by LightRanger; 08-25-2015 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.