Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^ Yeah, it's nuts. I'm helping a friend sell his place in Gunnison and he's moving to Anchorage. I told him I'd try to find a good agent up there and get a little referral fee for myself. Completely underwhelmed with the responses I got (or lack thereof)

I represented RE agents on legal stuff. Lots of idiots in that profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    I represented RE agents on legal stuff. Lots of idiots in pretty much every profession.
    There you go

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There's a condo/hotel that's awfully damn close to the base of Killington that has perpetually been the cheapest condo deal for years. Like about 50 thousand for a one bedroom. I think the common charges are high.
    Mountain green I believe you're referring to. Very close to snowshed base, long walk but regular shuttles. I have a condo close to there in the pinnacle development. It's rental now but doesn't have to be.

FYI Black Dog ski shop in mtn green bldg. See Dave. Tell him matt from pinnacle sent you. Best tune around.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    There you go
    Sure. But not every profession tries to shepherd transactions worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. So much idiocy that could've been prevented by a little bit more foreclosure/forthrightness. Lawsuits/State Bureau of RE investigations, etc. Done plenty of other work too, but RE agents are a special kind of overconfidence coupled with lack of real knowledge. Obviously generalizing, but it's more than a lot of other professions.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    I represented RE agents on legal stuff. Lots of idiots in that profession.
    And this, from a lawyer! Take heed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    And this, from a lawyer! Take heed.
    Don't even get me started on my profession. Been chatting with a state bar investigator recently about some asshole I had to deal with that they're going after. Biggest douche I've ever come across in the professional world. Not particularly smart either.

why buy a condo when you can buy a whole cabin I have listed near Crystal Mountain for $59,900!? USFS land lease but even then it's a screaming deal!

copper mountain colorado employee deeded condos going for about $115k
    pretty close to the slopes. you can also own them and rent to employees.
    Not sure but one might be able to meet the rules as a volunteer employee which can mean skiing if you are willing
    to stand around the "slow area" signs for a bit...then just ski
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    why buy a condo when you can buy a whole cabin I have listed near Crystal Mountain for $59,900!? USFS land lease but even then it's a screaming deal!
    The USFS is the worst HOA ever
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I've been watching that place online for awhile. I love it! Wife says no. Why you selling?
    Support your local lurker!

A brief observation on HOA fees. If you are in a place that gets mountain wind and weather, beware of low HOA fees, these places take a beating on siding, ice, etc. I thought I had high HOA fees until the place up the mountain had a $30,000 per unit capital call, because they had no reserves. In contrast, we just resided with Hardy-board and could do it with a loan and our annual painting budget.

Yeh, I am in Whistler, we have the equivalent on town homes, and condos. And a lot of people looking to buy, are put off by higher fees. On the other hand, when I looked at our current place I wondered why the fees were almost 200 a month more than other buildings in the area. Turns out it was because they had done an engineering report, knew what was going to need fixing over the next decade and were making sure that they took care of maintenance as it was required, instead of putting it off and making it worse. This compared to a place up the road that also had a report telling them they needed to do some serious work on the building envelope in order to halt a deterioration that could mean a complete tear off in 5-10 years. Their owners voted down the cost for that. I didnt even go and look at the unit in that place. The most important thing when buying a common property is getting and reading the last few years meeting minutes.

It's not mine, but my listing. Belongs to friends and I used to stay there a lot. They've had it nearly 50 years and it just ain't getting used. It's a very cool, but rustic place. If I were in the same place (younger kids ski racing and training several days a week) as I was when I used to stay there I'd buy it myself, but with boys getting older and all the travel we do in the winter it doesn't make sense.

Buy it! Costs less than $3000 per year to own.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    I've been watching that place online for awhile. I love it! Wife says no. Why you selling?