Climbing in Quebec?

Any good resources about this and are they definitely in French?

I read this article and certainly got the bug (not yet the mosquito bites):
    http://www.climberism.com/quebecs-wild-moisie-river/

Anything else in the Townships area besides pinnacle, or is all the good stuff south of the border in the Daks?

Gotta start making a tick list just in case.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Put Val David on the list. Granite every bit as nice as the daks. It's a park with several areas in it. You can walk or bike between the different areas. Been over a decade since we were there but we got a photocopy of an old guide book from the town information offices. It's in French but is has great topos and ratings and stars are universal. Great 5.3 and up leads so perfect for the new leader. Tons of intermediate and enough hard climbs as well. Bunch of boulders scattered through the woods so good bouldering scene as well. I think it's a paid admission into the park but we were there late season and the booths were empty.

Well worth the trip. No idea what's online about it these days. I probably have a PDF of the old guide kicking around if you're interested.

le Chalet Beaumont

Stayed there a couple of times; once for ice and once for rock. Totally excellent. Val-David, Guide des Parois D'Escalade by Paul Laperriere (1994) has an introduction in English.
    Last edited by richardd; 08-24-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    Stayed there a couple of times; once for ice and once for rock. Totally excellent. Val-David, Guide des Parois D'Escalade by Paul Laperriere (1994) has an introduction in English.
    I'm pretty sure that's the book I have. It was out of print when we were there. Hopefully it's been rereleased.

There's a new Val-David book but it's French only. Place looks amazing.

I'm headed to the townships this week, but I guess I should have put myself near some rock if I wanted to get any climbing in. Should be pretty good for the old canot at least and maybe this Mont Pinacle is close.

Anyone been there?

Mont Pinacle is pretty cool. A good selection of routes from 5.5 multi pitch to hard single pitch slabbing, double ropes work very nicely here. Directissme, direct-direct and Hypothenuse are fun climbs with a little bit of everything. IIRC, you can buy a guide book (French) and a climbing pass at the gas station on the west side of the lake not far from the climbers trail. I always found the guide book a bit hard to follow, my French sucks ass. The view from the top is worth it even if you don't climb anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Mont Pinacle is pretty cool. A good selection of routes from 5.5 multi pitch to hard single pitch slabbing, double ropes work very nicely here. Directissme, direct-direct and Hypothenuse are fun climbs with a little bit of everything. IIRC, you can buy a guide book (French) and a climbing pass at the gas station on the west side of the lake not far from the climbers trail. I always found the guide book a bit hard to follow, my French sucks ass. The view from the top is worth it even if you don't climb anything.
    Ooh, wish I saw this yesterday to motivate. I can see pinnacle from the south where I'm staying but ended up hiking the back of Sutton to an alpine lake instead. Guess you can't go wrong either way but I need a climbing fix!

bump, want to get mont pinacle ASAP. Anyone want to leave from Montreal?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    bump, want to get mont pinacle ASAP. Anyone want to leave from Montreal?
    how about this one, just a little farther....

http://gripped.com/news/quebecs-new-...-and-splitter/