Page 20 of 290 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Ha, I saw that on Jalopnik last night and thought, damn! Insanely overpriced though for that engine. I wish we got the big gas engines in those over here.
    I still call it The Jake.

$73K? Y'right. Get this one and swap in a manual to make it a unicorn. Offer ~94% of MSRP and it will be close to invoice.

http://www.bmwofsanrafael.com/Vehicl...-CA/2909309993

Is the Panamera versatile enough for wagon duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Is the Panamera versatile enough for wagon duty?
    Ask BD about the upcoming Panamera Wagon.

The Beamer wagon has a four banger with less than 250 horse power . Bwhahahaha.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The Beamer wagon has a four banger with less than 250 horse power . Bwhahahaha.
    It does kick out a shitton of torque for its size, but that turbo 4 sounds like a diesel at idle.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    wtf is up with 70k for a 3 series...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yeah, $70k buys a new E400 with AWD and some options. Although the front end styling on the new Es aren't the best.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    wtf is up with 70k for a 3 series...
    The comments on the Jalopnik article seem to explain it away that this was a special order car with every option possible tucked and a special order M3 color which probably ran close to 8k alone. The person who ordered it canceled or defaulted (lost deposit too most likely) and now the dealer is left holding the bag on a car they'll never be able to sell for what it cost to order.

Check back in a year, if it's still there offer less than $40k and a case of blinker fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The comments on the Jalopnik article seem to explain it away that this was a special order car with every option possible tucked and a special order M3 color which probably ran close to 8k alone. The person who ordered it canceled or defaulted (lost deposit too most likely) and now the dealer is left holding the bag on a car they'll never be able to sell for what it cost to order.

Check back in a year, if it's still there offer less than $40k and a case of blinker fluid.
    That's some 'passion' for that car man.. wow. It's rad and all... but wow. Though I must say, by the time I trick out the sienna we are looking at for the next family hauler it's bumping 50k.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The cost of new cars makes repairing expensive old ones seem cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That's some 'passion' for that car man.. wow. It's rad and all... but wow. Though I must say, by the time I trick out the sienna we are looking at for the next family hauler it's bumping 50k.
    A $50k minivan just seems absurd to me.

Full size trucks are approaching $90k with all the bells and whistles. Ridiculous.

Ah just asking bc commonlaw has one (I think?)

No new Pcar in my future, Just curious. Panameras look they could serve that role if you're creative.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    The cost of new cars makes repairing expensive old ones seem cheap.
    This ftmfw. People don't spend on utility so much as they do image. Dude on the 996 forum just bought his wife a $70k Durango and is complaining about $1k to replace a 16yo part in his 911. Straight retarted. Gimme the old cars with good drivetrains

CL has a Panamera? Rad.

The new ones are flat out gorgeous. The wagon version is just icing on the cake.

A GTS, no less. Man has good tastes.

Oh, I think that's The Suit. Rad indeed.

I think CL has a unicorn V8 Audi Wagon

Would slapping an M3 engine in that overpriced BM wagon even be possible or would it completely ruin it - like any of the electronics ever working right again and torpedoing things like ABS and DSC?

Every time I here someone say AllRoad I get convulsions. Both my 2004 2.7T and my 4.2 were nightmares. Air suspension, transmission on the 2.7, severe oil leaks (2.7 again), etc. fantastic cars up till 75k then money pits. Both bought new. My last Audis.

Wagon Stoke

Oh, I think that's The Suit. Rad indeed.

I think CL has a unicorn V8 Audi Wagon

Would slapping an M3 engine in that overpriced BM wagon even be possible or would it completely ruin it - like any of the electronics ever working right again and torpedoing things like ABS and DSC?
    Be better off tuning an e61 535ix for mondo HP.

Also, has hydraulic, not electronic, steering.

Ideas here based on sedan: http://blog.modbargains.com/6-best-p...-e60-bmw-535i/

This says you can get up to around 450-470HP: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/10-rea...-m5-1608323644

Base car ~$13K; set aside $5K for repairs; spend $6-8K to tune it: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5995345319.html
    Last edited by 54-46; 02-28-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Be better off tuning an e61 535ix for mondo HP.

Also, has hydraulic, not electronic, steering.

Ideas here based on sedan: http://blog.modbargains.com/6-best-p...-e60-bmw-535i/

This says you can get up to around 450-470HP: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/10-rea...-m5-1608323644

Base car ~$13K; set aside $5K for repairs; spend $6-8K to tune it: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5995345319.html
    Probably right. Besides, I think the e60 touring is the best looking Bangle era Bimmer there is. (next to my old e90 of course )

Probably right. Besides, I think the e60 touring is the best looking Bangle era Bimmer there is. (next to my old e90 of course )
    Still liking this one at 65K miles

Great looking Wagon top to bottom. Love the radial style OEM wheels.

I'm looking to buy a used wagon (returned 2013 lease, or random 2009-2016) and was leaning toward Audi until I read Stonepa's comments on the last page. But... I'm currently using a VW mechanic that I trust who also works on Audis and could be the wrench man, he said he would also work on BMW.

What's more reliable, Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz or Volvo? I don't really need sporty, as I'm currently driving an '04 Passat wagon with a 4 cylinder turbo that has 170HP, although most of the cars I'm seeing do have more HP. Current list of choices are BMW xdrive, Audi allroad, Mercedes Benz e350 and Volvo xc.

Reliability, cargo room and comfort are on the list of items I'm trying to find in a used car. 90% of my driving is on paved, plowed, city/highway roads with 10% on logging roads and the Peshekee Grade (worst paved road in US?).

Any advice?

^^^^ The Volvo is ++ in cargo room and comfort but way behind in driving experience.