Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Twisp/Winthrop evacuation

Evacuation of Twisp and Winthrop has been ordered. Holy shit. And SR20 is closed between MP 116-126 due to fire.

Vibes to Methow Valley mags and buds getting down to Pateros/Brewster

ETA: Three firefighters reported killed near Twisp
    Last edited by Big Steve; 08-19-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Three firefighters dead.. wishing friends up there well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Oh it's fucked up. I'm in Issaquah today, but the valley is a mess. The winds out of the West are supposed to continue through Friday.
    Check out these webcams
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Goddamit.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Best wishes for families affected!

Ugh. Here's hoping it gets contained soon. My condolences to the friends and family of those lost.

++++!!!!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

So fucked up. Nuts out there right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Terrible news. Vibes to their friends and family.

I was just in Twisp last weekend. Form the top of angels staircase, I could see several big fires burning. Looked like a war zone back there. Total respect for forest fire fighters. It must be one of the toughest jobs out there.

Just reported, 3 firefighters who died were from Didtrict 6, (Methow Valley).

Tons of firefighters from all over the state are up there. My stepkids' dad is up there now. It's a mess and doesn't sound like it's getting better any time soon.

Thoughts are with the families of the poor men that met their fate yesterday. I'm hoping there are no more this summer!

It has been BRUTAL on eastern WA this summer

Really sorry to hear this..... Vibes to anyone in eastern WA.

RIP fighters of fire. I hope the Twisp area gets some reprieve and can come out of this in not to bad a shape.

Per an incident commander in the Idaho panhandle, things are ripe for a 1910 type blow up over here. They have issued a level 3 closure for the N. Fork CDA River drainage. Several fires are looking to burn together with high winds coming, getting windy now, as well as dry lightening expected for Friday and Friday eve. It is truly looking bad and is only going to get a lot worse if we don't get massive rain and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    RIP fighters of fire. I hope the Twisp area gets some reprieve and can come out of this in not to bad a shape.

Per an incident commander in the Idaho panhandle, things are ripe for a 1910 type blow up over here. They have issued a level 3 closure for the N. Fork CDA River drainage. Several fires are looking to burn together with high winds coming, getting windy now, as well as dry lightening expected for Friday and Friday eve. It is truly looking bad and is only going to get a lot worse if we don't get massive rain and soon.
    We camp up near indipendence creek, far up the n. fork and last time we were up there (4th of july) the water level was about where it was labor day of last year. It is REALLY, REALLY dry in the n. idaho mountains.

Last february I was able to drive up to about 5,300 feet in the Kingston area. This was an area that I usually snowmachined well into april in the past. I assume the Cascades are similar, the west is the driest I've seen in 20 years!

ABC reporting that the deceased FFs were in a car accident that was overtaken by the fire. Details still pretty vague.

So sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

^^^Yes that's what happened. Details aren't all out yet, but the accident caused their vehicle to be overturned. My friend's son working on that fire put in a 15 hour day yesterday, and was at it again today at 7.

Well shit. One of the 3 killed was the son of the guy who sold us our house. Great kid.
    http://whitmanpioneer.com/news/2015/...lled-in-crash/

In Winthrop now. Fire appears to still be on the hills above Moccasin Lake or Thompson Ridge but are moving down the hills. I'm unsure of what is going on further south around the Twisp. Evac'd last night but came back this morning and loaded some more shit into the car.

Good luck JohnB!!!

Sending positive vibes to the whole area!

Wind is supposed to kick up this evening, vibes to all in harms way.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Beautiful day in Wenatchee but the smoke plume to the north looks apocalyptic.

Here is a mapping link that shows the fires that are on going in Eastern WA. The data can be up to about 12 hrs out of date but it gives you an idea of what is going on. Windy as hell right now but blowing down valley so it's good news from where I'm at.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap...dland_fire.txt

The map over there in the stash----->
    is pretty good from a user standpoint, lots of fires in the country.

Vibes to all of you over there, hope it stays reasonable in the next 24 hours.