Congrats Mark Staples and best wishes to Bruce Tremper

Utah mags are getting a new UAFC Director.

Mark Staples is taking the helm and Bruce is easing into retirement.

Backcountry Magazine

This afternoon, the Utah Avalanche Center announced the retirement of Bruce Tremper, who has served for 29 years as the organization’s director. Mark Staples, who holds a Masters Degree in snow science from Montana State University and has worked with the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center since 2006, will become UAC’s new director.

Tremper plans to remain affiliated with the UAC’s nonprofit branch and will continue his snow-safety work in the mountains he loves. “You know what it’s like when you are director,” he says. “You spend more time than you would like doing administrative stuff. I am looking forward to getting back into avalanche work again.”

We'll share more news of Tremper’s retirement tomorrow.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah, Bruce would like to be out in the field more. But, I don't know if he'll teach more.... ;-(
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Props to Bruce for everything he has done in the Wasatch. Enjoy a couple of boat drinks before the snow falls Bruce.

A legend moves on. All the best.