Silverton Waste Water Spill

Hey everyone, I know this isn't exactly skiing related, but has anyone heard about this? Sounds pretty major....

I've spent quite a bit of time up there and know that the mines have been always slowing leaking, but this definitely looks and sounds pretty insane....

http://epaosc.org/site/site_profile.aspx?site_id=11082

Silverton Waste Water Spill

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Hey everyone, I know this isn't exactly skiing related, but has anyone heard about this ?
    Yes, people here have heard about it, and since it is not skiing related the thread about it was posted in the Padded Room several days ago.

Take a lap.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Where? Link?

I've heard about some spill in the Animas that's been MAJOR NATIONAL NEWS for over a week.

Is this different?

Two laps for this one, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.