New Trail PSA: Meadow Connector in Big Sky

We are putting the final touches on the new Mountain to Meadow connector trail here in Big Sky. Not 100% buffed yet but close enough to start talking about it on the Internet.

It will blow your fucking mind. No need to elaborate. Come ride it and see.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    We are putting the final touches on the new Mountain to Meadow connector trail here in Big Sky. Not 100% buffed yet but close enough to start talking about it on the Internet.

You been working with Pete? Or is this a different project?

Heading down there for the race this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post

Thanks for all the hard labor, I was going to bring my new ride down to the really big tomorrow just to see what all the buzz is about.

Where does the bottom end begin?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

cool! \
    Pumped to check it out..and the rest of the newer stuff on the mountain.

Is this the one that loops around Bighorn and comes out at the bottom of the Poop Chute ? I saw the junction the other day and wondered where it came from.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That sounds awesome.
    Sounds like a new chunk of Wilderness is about to hit Idaho somewhere, so at least we have new trails being built in some places.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

That sounds awesome.
    Sounds like a new chunk of Wilderness is about to hit Idaho somewhere, so at least we have new trails being built in some places.
    Yes, it is about to hit a couple of epic rides in the White Clouds between Challis and Stanley. Bummer for sure. Ride Ant's Basin and Castle Divide while you can. Will have to make it down to Big Sky to check out the new XC trails for sure, but there's no replacing big backcountry rides like the ones about to be lost.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Can they even enforce it?
    It's getting ridiculous and people are just poaching.
    So I hear! lol
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

New Trail PSA: Meadow Connector in Big Sky

Ok I'll elaborate. Yeah I work for Pete at Terraflow. Put a lot of sweat and blood and piss into this trail and the team and everyone is waaaay stoked how it has turned out.

Access from Upper South Fork Trail at the resort, which Pete also built, so the climb is actually pretty fun and short. Upper South Fork merges pretty seamlessly at an old service road, you'll see it. This junction is pretty much at the top of Flatiron. Look for the rock smiley face.

From there, drop your seat and hang on. Spits you out at the bottom of the poop chute one hell of a ride later. Depending on your pace and if you stop to Instagram every rad feature it's a 1-2 hour lap.

Ride the road to the right or the single trail to the left to west fork meadow. Beers at the Brothel. Shuttle or ride up the poop chute. Repeat.

Enjoy it!

Also, looking for a LP Revenge registration for Sunday. On the wait list, but doing what I can to put feelers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Where does the bottom end begin?
    The new trail ends at the green gate at the bottom of the poop chute. You can ride up the trail (not bad, but keep your eyes open) or up the poop chute, or shuttle from the resort.

If you want company hit me up! Always down to shred a lap.

Rad, dude. I used to work summers in the meadow and on the mountain. Wish something like this were around back then!

My main deal was playboating on the Gallatin every day after work. My buddy worked in Gateway... we would meet in the middle, drop a car for the shuttle, and run from the bridge to Stormcastle.

Congrats on the trail. Post up some discrete photographs!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Rad, dude. I used to work summers in the meadow and on the mountain. Wish something like this were around back then!

My main deal was playboating on the Gallatin every day after work. My buddy worked in Gateway... we would meet in the middle, drop a car for the shuttle, and run from the bridge to Stormcastle.

Congrats on the trail. Post up some discrete photographs!
    Thanks man. Good times. Not a lot of discreteness to it anymore...and there are so many sick sections and features it would be pointless to post just a couple photos. There are a few on my insta if you wanna check them out @reganski

Awesome. Been hitting some short sections of new trail up there. So much new trail everywhere and hardly ever anyone around. Been doing lazy man shuttles with my buddy from phone company.

Sorry for more thread drift but...
    Ride Ant's Basin and Castle Divide while you can.
    I appreciate the modern trail building going on at Big Sky and other places , but nothing will ever replace the opportunities for adventure riding that the White Clouds had to offer.

The White Clouds are closed to mtn biking immediately and signs are going up within a month. Don't worry though, a bunch of do gooders can pat themselves on the back and feel morally superior to you, all while accomplishing absolutely nothing. Except depriving a major user group that harms nothing of one of the best and most "sustainable" recreational opportunities the lower 48 has to offer. In a National Fucking Recreation Area no less, that was already protected. A national monument that would have allowed bikes on basically one fucking trail wasn't good enough for Dear Leader and The Party I guess. Fuck em all. And fuck the do gooder hippie douchebags, they are all a bunch of selfish assholes who won't be happy until everyone but them are banned form everywhere with a trout and a fucking tree.

Sorry guys. I love that new trails are being built. I even like flow trails. I love it all, it is just the dumbest fucking thing in the first world that they are banning bikes in these places. Dumbest fucking first world problem ever concocted.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Sorry guys, thats just the first news I got of that development, really pissed me off. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Tone that was a fine rant and on point.

I just got back from the really big and tied together a bunch of single track that has been built over the past couple of years. A lot of it by Pete and Regct and the Terraflow crew. Kudos, the Meadow/Mountain is really good and when it smooths out a bit it will be even better. The down side is a lot of the trails I rode today are signed "Owners and their Guests only". Well I do know some owners so I guess I am their guest.

That all being said, new trails don't replace the big adventure trails. We have lost so much access to big epic wild rides in Montana that now I have the attitude of Fuckem, I will ride what I want.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Here is some ariel footage of the new trail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZUYWNw0NpE