Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Potential Parking Lot Patsy?
    Loading groceries in to the car.. Woman approaches.. "Please Mr I am new to this country 5 days and my baby is starving can you give me money to buy formula?". I reply "let's go inside and I will buy you some". We go in and she picks a box, "this one is best for my baby." As I turn to head to the checkout.. "I also need b... " in a language that wasn't Spanish,. Bottles.. I asked where she was from and said her English is pretty good. Shey said Transylvania.. Sounded like Romanian so OK.. "OK but not the three pack, just one" I say. At the register.. "Can I have a hot dog for my other child (haven't seen any kids, she appeared to be alone). No, just the formula.. Pay for it and she reaches for the receipt in my hand. I said no receipt, just formula.. Now she says "I need to use the bathroom" reaching again for the receipt. Again I say I am keeping the receipt, I will hold the bag and wait while you use the bathroom. Handed her the bag as we walked out in to th eparking lot..

So, here's what I realized I should have done. Break the seal on $50 box of formula while she was in the bathroom so it was only useful to feed an infant, no longer something that was $50 store credit.. Next time.. and yes, I will continue to try to help where I can... short of giving someone the CASH they use to OD on
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

W C Fields ......
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    W C Fields ......
    Or P. T. Barnum???
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!