Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I want an ugly muscle car one day,

$8500 on Vancouver Craigslist...
    The early nineties six speed t tops were great values. Awesome performance without the tub effect. Easy to fix.

2 Door Tahoe Sport
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I mentioned it in the Car Quiver thread, but the one used car that I will always have my eye out for is my personal Great White Buffalo. The Assfinder.

Mine was a new 1995 SEV6 in Black with Chrome bumpers just like this one except I had stock nerf bars on it too. Man I still miss that car and if I ever find a cherry rust-free example in black I'm going to have some explaining to do to my wife about how there's no longer room in the garage for her car.

So keep an eye out for my Great White Buffalo fellas. Please?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    2 Door Tahoe Sport
    Really? older ones are so much cooler. but they are nice rigs, so wutev.

Probably not red, but yeah:

Sell the XJ and pickup, buy the Jeep jk. Keep the allroad and add K04s

Man, A Continuous Lean is just ruining me for my fun used car search.

On the topic of ugly muscle, I just found out a college buddy finally got his Bandit project car he always wanted; in white and with the bird and all. just like this one but way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Sell the XJ and pickup, buy the Jeep jk. Keep the allroad and add K04s
    Not a bad plan but the K03's keep spinning. It's in the future if I keep it though.

Mercedes R129:

Fun car 'want' thread

Great fucking thread.

Porsche 356, Datsun 210, and 280z , Dirk Diggler Corvette, VW micro bus, Volvo 242 turbo, Saab SPG, Mercedes SL convertible.

Got to drive a bunch of exotic cars last week, Ferrari, Lamborghini, r8, and more. Really fun day, but from the drivers seat the new corvette z06 convertible was unreal. The sound and acceleration was of the charts, like a machine gun and warp drive combined.

Sound, look, transmission - Rev matching down shifts sounded so sweet in the lambo. But the engine in that corvette, wow!

Want...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1438496042674.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	168541  

Buddy had a K5 Blazer in HS, fond memories of that thing especially in the summer when the top came off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438514099.736089.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	168542

Nothing real special but it sure is fun

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438522311.323579.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	168543

That's the point. Sure, I want a pristine 1973 Porsche 911 RS, but I don't have $900,000 to drop on a weekend cruiser.

Fun used cars you've got your eye on; it's a fun game that I've been playing on ebay/AT/cars.com lately.

Speaking of which there has to be a better website for some of these used cars, no? I have to assume there's more than the 60+ Cars of x model in the entire nation when I search. It's not like I'm trying to find a EurospecAudiRS6Avant6speedTurbodieselwithbox.

Salvage Fiesta ST that doesn't appear bent.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That's the point. Sure, I want a pristine 1973 Porsche 911 RS, but I don't have $900,000 to drop on a weekend cruiser.

Fun used cars you've got your eye on; it's a fun game that I've been playing on ebay/AT/cars.com lately.

Speaking of which there has to be a better website for some of these used cars, no? I have to assume there's more than the 60+ Cars of x model in the entire nation when I search. It's not like I'm trying to find a EurospecAudiRS6Avant6speedTurbodieselwithbox.
    Check out bringatrailer.com.
    For e30 bmws, (a great choice by the way) look at r3vlimited.com. For Porsches check out rennlist.com. For everything else, and for the above cars, I found my last two cars on on Craigslist using the aggregator searchtempest.com.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not a bad plan but the K03's keep spinning. It's in the future if I keep it though.
    How are the operating costs on the 2.7t? Sounds like you are one original turbos which is a surprise. Once you fixed airbags, all is well or a couple grand a year in random shit? Trouble is its a depreciating vehicle. A Porsche 911 might be same maintenance costs and will hold value. The jk will be less $ and still do better than allroad resale. Tough call...

The website you are looking for is bringatrailer.com.

This is a subject near to my heart; I'm torn between one of those E30 325s, a late '70s 911 Targa, or a Bronco/K5/4Runner with a removable top. The Sunday driver scene where I live is incredible, people here have so many great cars stashed. One neighbor has a '63 split-window Corvette and another drives this thing, which might be the prettiest car I have ever seen:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438526233.391410.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	168544

This is my friend's ride out on Nantucket. Have always loved this thing.

Buddy of mine in HS's dad owned a performance shop and the K-5 was his baaaaaby. This thing was dope. Everything was done to it, chrome underbelly and everything. He thought he was god's gift to the world too. He always told us he'd take us wheeling in it if we cleaned it for him afterwards. We did it one time and it was fun, but watching him relax while we all cleaned it with his ego was too much. He raced a few of us in it talking lots of trash, but lost every race and he always said it was because it wasn't firing on all cylinders. Sweet truck, tool bag guy.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

As far as realistic vehicles that I am looking at for possible restoration in the near future:

And- off the track, but it will be mine-

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    How are the operating costs on the 2.7t? Sounds like you are one original turbos which is a surprise. Once you fixed airbags, all is well or a couple grand a year in random shit? Trouble is its a depreciating vehicle. A Porsche 911 might be same maintenance costs and will hold value. The jk will be less $ and still do better than allroad resale. Tough call...
    Well the airbags are a fact and a big-ticket item. Still on original turbos but when they go that will hurt a bit. Had to replace a headlight and that was ridiculously expensive. And the timing belt is a pretty short interval and very expensive. The car has a lot of little plastic bits that break and are expensive because you can only get them from Audi but don't affect drivability really, like the clip for the sun visor and the knob to lock the tool compartment in the rear door and shit like that. But other than that it's been reliable and runs great. I guess I have averaged about a grand a year overall with everything in, actually probably a bit less.
    Last edited by iceman; 08-02-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Buddy had a K5 Blazer in HS, fond memories of that thing especially in the summer when the top came off.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438514099.736089.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	168542
    We have one of these sitting in the shop collecting dust. 4 speed with huge double barrel carbs -- I think it gets about 6-8 mpg

Lots of great cars here. If we're not being totally practical these two would be at the top of my list:

Though I'd settle for a 65/66 GTO rag top and/or a cherry Land Cruiser FJ40.