If any mags would be interested in spending 10 months in the godforsaken wilderness of Western Massachusetts babysitting trust fund slalom mathletes while they carve turns down the glare ice of Jiminy Peak are invited to apply to the assistant coaching gig for the ski team at my alma mater. Tell Kelsey I sent you, if only for purposes of posterity.*

Here is the terribly boring job description:

Williams College invites applications for the ten month position of Assistant Coach of Alpine Skiing for
the academic year 2015-2016.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Coach in all aspects of the
program, including but not limited to athlete development, team website and administrative duties,
assistance with workout planning, recruiting, equipment management, travel, video and feedback on the
hill, and duties as assigned by the head coach.
Bachelor’s degree and collegiate racing experience preferred. Successful candidates will be selfmotivated
and possess the ability to recruit, teach and coach highly talented student-athletes who can
succeed in a challenging academic environment; a knowledge and commitment to NCAA and NESCAC
rules and effective communication skills is required. Employment at Williams is contingent on the
verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal
record check, and education when applicable.

Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants
should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three references to:
Kelsey Levine
Head Coach - Alpine Skiing
Williams College
22 Spring Street
Williamstown, MA 01267
Kelsey dot Levine at williams dot edu

*My spotted reputation not likely to advance your ski coaching career