Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    $100 for a lift ticket and $20 fpr parking should get me a complimentary J.
    And a blow job.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Vail was more like 160 a ticket at the window, retail, last season. Keep up.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 07-25-2015 at 04:06 PM.

I've driven by there a few times. I never actually thought about stopping there let alone going skiing.

$145 lift ticket (goes to Vail Resorts) and $25 for parking (goes to Town of Vail).

$0 of your weed tax dollars goes to either of the above!

If you're paying $145 for lift tickets and $25 for parking, you're doing it wrong.

I'd say the people paying that are doing it right. When you're on vacation from Wall Street, who gives a fuck about $145 lift tickets? Ain't nobody got time to buy an Epic Pass in advance!

how else can vail employees make money other than being unliscenced pharmacists Vail is just doing it's (I assume not paid a living wage) lifties a favor by maintaining a black market duh!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If you're paying $145 for lift tickets and $25 for parking, you're doing it wrong.

You have no concept of the real market of lift tickets out there. I'll bet a very tiny percentage of skiers pay retail.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If you are skiing Vail, you are doing it wrong.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I love Vail and their resorts. They concentrate all the people that I don't want to ski with into little clusters so that they are easy to avoid, leaving the rest of the areas relatively untouched.

The convenient weed shop award goes to Telluride. It's right on Main St. To me it's a marketing advantage that Vail is stupid to not take advantage of.

I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this. There are pot shops nearby that people can get to easily, one even had a shuttle from town to the shop. What Vail doesn't want is the in your face weed culture, which I personally don't like. Whenever I'm out of state and tell people I live in CO, they bring up weed and I want to tell them to stfu. IMO, it's nice that Vail is trying to keep the constant bombardment of pot this, hash that, at bay. It would seem that the big money coming here doesn't want it either. Vail resorts probably doesn't care either way, because if people didn't like the lack of weed access, they'd be likely to go to breck or keystone.

Also, Vail sucks, don't ski there.

Yeah, but, with all the shops either not allowed on Main streets, or not at all, the tourist has a hard time buying, because you need a car to get the stuff, and, I'm guessing, most Vail and other destination "resorts" weekly visitors don't rent a car. I mean, that's kinda the point about Vail, and telluride, and fifty other places - it's nice and easy for Mr. and Mrs. Upper middle class and the spawn to fly in and either walk or shuttle around. So, you're limiting your market to non indulgers (remember snowboard bans? Don't wanna limit your market.....)
    We'll see. It's all about the dollar for these people. If they feel that their reduced revenue is because of their making it hard for people to party, then the bans will fall. Then there's the local tax revenues that Frisco and Breck and many other towns are enjoying. In five years, when the mayor of Vail suddenly sees all sorts of nice schools and public facilities when he drives over to Breck, well, maybe he won't be so uptight anymore. Politicians do love money above all else, after all.

Breck doesn't allow them in town either. Kicked Breck Cannabis club off main street a few years ago. These towns aren't hurting for marijuana tax dollars. Town of Breck wants to tax your lift tix to pay for a parking garage that they'll be charging $20+ to park in.

Are any of you really surprised by this, tho?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, with all the shops either not allowed on Main streets, or not at all, the tourist has a hard time buying, because you need a car to get the stuff, and, I'm guessing, most Vail and other destination "resorts" weekly visitors don't rent a car. I mean, that's kinda the point about Vail, and telluride, and fifty other places - it's nice and easy for Mr. and Mrs. Upper middle class and the spawn to fly in and either walk or shuttle around. So, you're limiting your market to non indulgers (remember snowboard bans? Don't wanna limit your market.....)
    We'll see. It's all about the dollar for these people. If they feel that their reduced revenue is because of their making it hard for people to party, then the bans will fall. Then there's the local tax revenues that Frisco and Breck and many other towns are enjoying. In five years, when the mayor of Vail suddenly sees all sorts of nice schools and public facilities when he drives over to Breck, well, maybe he won't be so uptight anymore. Politicians do love money above all else, after all.
    I'd say, for a local, you got that absolutely 100% wrong.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Well, that's cute, but, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, that's cute, but, why?
    Because you're a fucking idiot. Same as before.

BENNY YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED

YOU CAN RIDE A BUS TO THE WEED STORE, BUT IF YOU'RE IN VAIL, YOU CAN PROBABLY AFFORD A FUCKING CAB RIDE DOWN THE HIGHWAY TO EAGLE-VAIL....

...BUT, THEN THERE'S THE FREE MUTHA FUCKING LIMO AND WEED VAN THAT WILL PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO THE STORE, THEN TAKE YOU BACK TO YOUR HOTEL.... FOR FREE!

CME DRIVERS HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD TO TAKE PEOPLE TO THE WEED STORE IF ASKED

Why are you shouting? Run out of weed?

Anyway, who runs these services, and where are they? Are they advertised? (I didn't see any commercials or ads)

Please, don't shout your answer back.

IT'S ON THE BACK OF THE VAILDAILY. THERE ARE ALWAYS 2-3 ADS.

(Plus, you better believe ALL of the concierges are in the loop on this stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Because you're a fucking idiot. Same as before.
    Man, you are one grade AAA miserable fuck. Do you live in Vail?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    IT'S ON THE BACK OF THE VAILDAILY. THERE ARE ALWAYS 2-3 ADS.

(Plus, you better believe ALL of the concierges are in the loop on this stuff)
    Well, just checked the e edition. Found one little 1/8 page ad for a store mentioning their limo service. Wow. That's marketing for ya.

Do those concierges pimp, too?

I would think so.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Well, cool. I've always wondered what the hooker market was like around there. Maybe I should spend a night in a place that has a concierge.

i heard vail got weed banned in utah too.