Lake Michigan charters from Chicago

Do any of you have any recommendations for a good charter from the Chicago area? My brother, sister, and some friends are coming in town this weekend and I figured it would be a good opportunity to do some fishing out on the lake. I'm thinking a half day charter would be best suited for the group.

Not sure about directly out of Chi, but if you have an hour and a half or so (pending where you're at) and a car there are/were some good charters out of Kenosha, WI. I did it years ago out of there when I was in high school and it was awesome. Caught a hudge 18 lb "steelhead" that I still have mounted on my wall and my dad caught a 20lb Lake trout that we had smoked and basically fed our entire extended family for xmas that year.

I also went out a few years ago in Door County, WI. Again we had another great time. Brought in a haul of maybe 60lbs worth of King Salmon. Freezer was stocked forever and got sick of eating salmon. Biggest disappointment was not having a smoker.

Lake Mich is fun charter fishing, at least for me as I feel like I've been lucky.
    Last edited by soups818; 07-21-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Capt Dan Keating with Blue Horizon Sportfishing. That guy has forgot more about Great Lakes fishing than most guys know. Been to a few of his seminars....great guy!

http://www.bluehorizonsportfishing.net/

Thanks for the replies guys. I booked with Brian Brumfield out of Belmont Harbor. Staying in Chicago proper is more convenient for the whole group. TR should be coming next week.

The fishing didn't disappoint and the crew had a great time. I would recommend Brian (Why Knot Charters) to anyone looking to spend a day fishing on Lake Michigan.

We were out on the water by 5:30 AM. The skyline looks pretty serene at that time.

The journey continued as motored 12-15 miles offshore.

And the sun beckoned.

Hooked into the first Laker about an hour in.

Little sister's first time bending the rod.

They danced their way into the boat.