Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Well, they still haven't removed the ISO9523 claim in the intro.
    http://www.dynastar.com/US/US/look-b...-dual-WTR.html

But I don't really mind if they will work with all soles or not, only if they will work with my Salomon Mtn Labs? Anybody try this combo?
    And if they do, will they be worth the premium over a pair of Wardens? Even heavily discounted they are more than twice as much as the Wardens.
    Did you ever figure out with they work with the MTN Labs?

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    Did you get your Cochise working with these? I've been keeping the tech heal pieces on and just swapping the toes. Would be nice to just leave one set on.
    I've been doing the same thing. Very interested to hear if the CAST AFDs allow the Cochise tech toe block to work. However, I think the concern about the lack of hard plastic on the AFD with these particular tech soles is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    No, couldn't be bothered. Went with Wardens as I know they work, they are cheaper and the new Pivots are unproven. But let us know if you try them :-)

No, couldn't be bothered. Went with Wardens as I know they work, they are cheaper and the new Pivots are unproven. But let us know if you try them :-)
    I went with the Cast/STH 2 set up since I know they'll work with my WTR soles. I'm interested in the Look set up but not interested in being the Guinea Pig. I can't imagine it not working but tomahawking down the fall line doesn't interest me too much either.

Anyone have any beta on the new xt130s for next season with the tech fittings? Mainly interested if the soles will fit this years version.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Bumping for any updates on MTN Lab compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Anyone have any beta on the new xt130s for next season with the tech fittings? Mainly interested if the soles will fit this years version.
    The tech fittings are permanently molded into the soles on the XT130 Free Tour, the only part that swaps is the rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo21 View Post
    Bumping for any updates on MTN Lab compatibility?
    I believe Look is officially saying "no." They only plan to indemnify ISO 5355 alpine and WTR soled boots. Remains to be seen whether they will give the OK to GripWalk soles, which have the smooth AFD surface at the toe.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    the only part that swaps is the rubber.
    . . . and the screw pattern is slightly different than the 2016 XT so you can't put a flat pad on the front of the Free Tour.

I believe Look is officially saying "no." They only plan to indemnify ISO 5355 alpine and WTR soled boots. Remains to be seen whether they will give the OK to GripWalk soles, which have the smooth AFD surface at the toe.
    Thanks for this - as expected I guess. But do they physically fit (noting release may be compromised)?

Quote Originally Posted by Devo21 View Post
    But do they physically fit (noting release may be compromised)?
    Not sure, and I don't have any Look Dual bindings around to check, but I've used the MTN Lab a couple times with Salomon/Atomic STH2 16's (not officially condoned and I didn't need them to release laterally, but they fit the toe height fine - they are also a dual spec ISO 5355/WTR binding).

the older Cochise toe and newer ZeroG Toe lug fit in an STH2 16 just fine. Not sure if they are spec'ed to work, but they do. They can also be jammed into an unmodified P18 and skied on, likely won't release cleanly, but I never pre-released. Same for the Lange WTR sole.

A friend used Salomon MTN Labs with the CAST P-18 AFD adapter last season with no issues. I doubt he tested lateral release

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    ZeroG Toe lugs fit in an STH2 16 just fine. Not sure if they are spec'ed to work, but they do.
    They're not, they are full ISO 9523, not WTR soles but I've got quite a few days on that combination. Just like patrollers using their Endorphins with STH all those years, they'd never sue the company anyway and if they fall and spiral their leg at least they've got a radio on them so they get priority sled service. Hard to recommend to a retail customer, though.

Not sure, and I don't have any Look Dual bindings around to check, but I've used the MTN Lab a couple times with Salomon/Atomic STH2 16's (not officially condoned and I didn't need them to release laterally, but they fit the toe height fine - they are also a dual spec ISO 5355/WTR binding).
    Thanks Greg, much appreciated. I've also fitted them in some STH14s with not fit problem (I didn't test the release).

The reason I'm asking is that I want to get some Rossi Hero Elite STs (or possibly LTs) for frontside carving duties, and the MY17 skis come with the WTR toe - it is the first track type binding on a performance carve ski I've found that gives me the chance to use the MTN Lab.

Any updates on using non-WTR FKS/Pivots 14 with Cochise tech soles? Should I try to jam these in and ski or swap din soles to avoid any risks?

Any updates on how these ski? Sole compatibility not an issue as they will be skied with alpine boots.
    Same ramp angle as normal pivot/fks? Same elasticity? Same durability?

Any updates on how these ski? Sole compatibility not an issue as they will be skied with alpine boots.
    Same ramp angle as normal pivot/fks? Same elasticity? Same durability?
    I have px not pivots. But I didn't notice a ski feel difference with the dual toe.

Has anybody tested a GripWalk boot in Pivot Duals? I know the vendors are staking out turf, but mechanically it seems WTR and GW might have enough overlapping features to allow crossover. Of course it would be nice to prove it with some actual release testing. I want to use my Dalbello Lupo Carbons in Pivots. My favorite boot and favorite binding of all time. I could get the alpine inserts for the boots, but I also use those boots for touring, and would rather not have to be swapping sole inserts all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by debidoson View Post
    Has anybody tested a GripWalk boot in Pivot Duals? I know the vendors are staking out turf, but mechanically it seems WTR and GW might have enough overlapping features to allow crossover. Of course it would be nice to prove it with some actual release testing. I want to use my Dalbello Lupo Carbons in Pivots. My favorite boot and favorite binding of all time. I could get the alpine inserts for the boots, but I also use those boots for touring, and would rather not have to be swapping sole inserts all the time.
    I would like to know this exact questions also..

I just picked up a set of Pivot 14 WTRs and at first blush, it looks like a nice implementation. Yes, I'd prefer that it be a Pivot 15, but you knew that.

I don't think this was mentioned earlier, but the AFD is adjustable from alpine to WTR (180 degree turn of a screw). I was under the impression that you had to swap AFDs to change between Alpine and WTR.

Also, the AFD slides like the Warden, so one could use an ISO 9523 boot, with the caveat that it's not indemnified as well as that you can't fine fine tune the height of the AFD. The screw clicks into either of the two positions, so you can't back off a few degrees and expect it to remain at that height. If there isn't enough rocker, you might have vertical slop, and if you don't have enough clearance, you'd need to be very careful as to how much sole you grind away.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 05-04-2017 at 12:47 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music