Floating the Green

A few years back when I lived in CO buddies and I would go and float the A & B sections all the time. Fast forward a couple of moves and 3 kids and I am fortunate to get out on western rivers once a year. In conversation tonight, started to think what would be a good age to get my eldest son, now 5, out for a multi-day float on this section? Seems like a good intro for him, mostly calm water, lots of scenery, good camping amenities on the B section, opportunity to bail after A if all goes wrong, good fish, etc. thinking maybe 8-10 years old would be a good age to guarantee success both in a length of trip along with he and j both enjoying the voyage, regardless of catching anything....so what say ya?

Caveat, it won't be easy to get to from where we live (flight + driving) so want to set it up for success.

We are floating desolation canyon with our 4 and 6 year olds this week. 6 days, should be fine. Just make it fun right?

We did 7 days on the San Juan last year, no big deal.

On the Colorado, check out ruby horse thief. 3 days, flat water as well.

Good luck!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

What's not to like for a 5 year old? Beautiful scenery, aquarium water where he can see loads of fish swimming around, and camping. Don't put too much emphasis on the fishing, but if he seems to like it and catches a fish, then that's just bonus. To be fair, I don't have kids so might be off, but when I was very young I loved camping and rafting. Plus, he might get a kick out of hitting the Mother in Law rapid and others.