Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You retarded east coasties think too much. You should be ashamed of starting a thread this stupid, but then again you are a gaywad from back east, Connecticut to be accurate.

So every post of yours is about dissing people on the east coast? Are you just getting shown up all the time at the resort and on the skintrack or something? What gives? And no one here is from CT, not that it matters. Have a good summer and chill out.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by kailas View Post
    You retarded east coasties think too much. You should be ashamed of starting a thread this stupid, but then again you are a gaywad from back east, Connecticut to be accurate.
    Post a pic of yourself and the name of the town you were born in. I am very curious to see the real kailas, likely something along the lines of Scabbylips Denimshirt from Cousinfuck, KS.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I know peeps that ski that way but they aren't doing it consciously as a way to die. They don't know they might die. Or they "know" but they don't know.

I've never known a truly suicidal backcountry skier who is actively trying to kill them self.
    This. Seems to me that until you've seen the end game of the risks associated with avalanches it's hard to really comprehend. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by kailas View Post
    16 or 17?
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

I think that there are probably BC users who take excessive risks because they believe that a deadly outcome is "not all that bad" because of a depressed mental state.
    I'm not a mental health professional by any means but I am fairly certain there is a well established connection between depression and risk taking behaviour.

I thought there was a poster a while back that said a friend basically tried this - Toured everyday and sought out lines that should have went big with terrain traps, then after several weeks of getting lucky realized that they wanted to lived and stopped doing it.

Gonzo_lives suggesting a uncontrolled ascent earns the dumbest post of the day award. Yea the bends aren't painful at all.

Neither would I guess an embolism.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Gonzo_lives suggesting a uncontrolled ascent earns the dumbest post of the day award. Yea the bends aren't painful at all.
    Yeah, wasn't going to go there, but I have a BFF who was a Navy diver and has zippers at his knees, elbows and shoulders from multiple reconstructions as a result of the Bends. Not considered a pleasant experience even if you're lucky enough to die. Nothing like exploding from the inside out
    Last edited by Gepeto; 08-26-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

I wanna die taking a shit

That's Xtreme!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I wanna die taking a shit
    shatacide?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

North of South, South of North, West of East
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Nobody wants to talk about it, but....
    I know many solo incidents described by press as "backcountry expert caught in slide" , "experienced backcountry skier caught in slide", "experienced backcountry boarder caught in slide (are there experienced backcountry boarders? jk ) , etc., etc. blah blah blah

maybe the slide is better than the trigger

maybe going out, getting caught "doing what he loved", was planned

maybe peeps are ready to check out

what say ye
    I say BS. In the first place, I think you aren't serious but just thought it would be cool to use the word suislide in a sentence. Secondly, maybe it's happened once deliberately. Maybe depressed people take more chances than they should, subconsciously not minding if they die, but it would be very hard to separate that from the general realm of risk taking. As far as serious suicide attempts, there are many much more reliable and much less painful ways to go. PM me if you need suggestions.