Thread: 7D mark ii???

7D mark ii???

Anybody used it??

I'm considering the upgrade from a 60D. I'm intrigued by the FPS and autofucus. The 9 points on the 60d can be limiting shooting action.

Ya, I've considered going full frame and getting a 5d mark ii but I don't have the cash to pony up for the 24-70 2.8 and an older body. I have the 17-55 2.8 currently and would be hard pressed to give up the fast glass.

Hadn't seen much discussion about the new 7d. Anybody out there that's used it have any opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

The 1300 price tag is not bad for how much camera it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Go gh4 for 300 bucks more ... Much better camera

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Go gh4 for 300 bucks more ... Much better camera
    gh4 certainly has more video options from what I can see online... Is that what you're referencing superior?

when looking at the other specs I'd have a hard time discerning that...

7D2 has more autofocus points, Pixels, a larger sensor (although I did see where sites like this: http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compa...-GH4___977_943 say that the gh4 has a slightly better sensor).....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

$1150 for a brand new 7D II here... I've bought from this seller twice on eBay (6D and 5D3) and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/

save your money, buy glass for FF, go FF

Micro 4/3 was the way to go for me.
    Great resolution on the Panasonic GH4 and fastest shutter speeds I've used at around 12fps.

Don't use much autofocus, but I do shoot video with both the GH4 and 5D mk iii and the Panasonic gh4 is much easier to use.

The camera is tiny and lenses are small too. You can get adapters for any other brand lens too.

I've used it for both stills and video

Got mine in November when it was released. While I am still occasionally tempted for a FF body, there is good glass for APSC sensors, like the Canon 55-250 and Sigma 18-35. Overall I'm happy with it. I think the autofocus and tracking are great when paired with a good lens.

Combine this body with some of the new 150-600 zooms for some amazing reach.