TR: Hitting the Creeks Around Boulder, CO (7.12.15)

Since I just started up my new photography business, I'm getting out on the water as much as I can these days. I've been working with the guys at Front Range Anglers in Boulder to join their guides and clients, so this past weekend I did two trips. On Saturday, I joined four guys in town from Salzburg, Austria... total beginners, but they were four really cool and fun guys that hooked quite a few fish. On Sunday, I joined an older father/son combo for a day in Moraine Park in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park. I took a TON of pictures between the two days, but here are some of my favorites:

On to Rocky Mountain National Park:

It was a crowded day on the water:

Damn fine stuff right there.

Nice shots.

Have the sport put on a wading belt next time. It's slimming.

Ha... that guy was hilarious. He was literally swimming in those waders; that's what you get when you borrow them from the shop, I guess.

Nice shots

Nice shots. Whats the name of the guide you were with? He used to guide up here in the boat and I did an FFF Master Instructor(or whatever they call it) class with him. Small world.

Yep, he's been in Boulder for 18 months but said he was in the Boat for a few years before this, and then in Montana prior to that guiding on the Blackfoot (?) and Bitterroot. His name is Bryce Daviess, seems like a really good dude.

Nice pictures. Guide needs a bigger net. Slaves to fly fishing fashion are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Ha... that guy was hilarious. He was literally swimming in those waders.
    Swimming in his own sweat? Who wears waders to fish a meadow stream in mid-summer?

Shit I may have met him too. Did he guide for Blackfoot River Outfitters?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Not sure... I can ask him next time I go out with him.

Bryce... That's right. Tell him Ben from Straightline says hi the next time you see him.

Foggy, are you saying he should have a smaller net? Just asking...

Anyone have Boulder Creek hole rec's for a quick stop after work? I've never fished Boulder Canyon.

Thanks!

Above the Falls... There are a few obvious pullouts once the grade levels off.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i'm w/ neckdeeps never understood the appeal of wearing waders in the summer
    but i dig pursuit of fishes pics
    thanx 4 stoke
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Nice TR man. I've been slamming browns on green caddis larva and dries on Boulder Creek and the big T all summer. It's been all rainbow warriors in the AM and caddis/bwo in the afternoon. We should hook up for a session sometime, I've been doing some night trips up to the park/Estes with some good results. Especially on full moon ripping sculpins/mouse patterns along the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by homebrewd View Post
    Nice TR man. I've been slamming browns on green caddis larva and dries on Boulder Creek and the big T all summer. It's been all rainbow warriors in the AM and caddis/bwo in the afternoon. We should hook up for a session sometime, I've been doing some night trips up to the park/Estes with some good results. Especially on full moon ripping sculpins/mouse patterns along the bank.
    Shoot me a PM.... as long as it's relatively close, I'll tag along and shoot a little bit for sure. Right now I'm especially interested in getting some shots from the high country.

Thanks smmokan. I'll toss the gear in the truck next time I work in Boulder.