Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FWIW, my take on it all:
    -I stopped using Gorilla Tape because of the need to occasionally retape and how fucking gummy that shit is when you pull it off. The Generic blue version of Stan's you can get on Amazon for like $6 a roll is genius. If air is coming out of the valve hole, it could be escaping anywhere in your tape line and getting through any nipple hole. Stan's doesn't seem to want to go down those little rabbit holes, and you'd have to fill the whole fucking rim with stars to stop it once it's there, so retaping can be the only thing to solve it.
    -Don't have a shop set you up tubeless. They'll do something stupid, like give you shitty American Classic valves or rubber rim strips. And even if they get it right, you'll feel like an idiot when you finally do have to deal with it later. Relying on a shop to do your tires is like relying on them to change out your brake pads and grips.-Set up dry first (i.e. no sealant). If it holds, pull the core and add Stan's. If it doesn't, then adding Stan's is taking a big chance that you're gonna end up with Stan's all over the fucking place and waste a bunch of it, AND have a Stan's covered rim and tire when you decide you really did need to try leaving a tube in it over night and borrowing your friends bigger air compressor the next day. Do that shit dry until you're more confident it'll set up. Soapy Water > Stan's for setting bead.
    -I've never wanted to carry Stan's on a trail. Fuck that. If I can't plug and reinflate with CO2 quickly, I get a tube and I get home where tubeless repairs are easier to deal with.
    -The plugs are a Hail Mary. But I've had them work enough times, and the kit is light enough, that it's so totally worth having it ready. Way more worth it than bringing a little bottle of Stan's and a core removal tool.
    -There's no way around bringing 1 or 2 tubes with you.
    /end blog

Good pointers. After seeing how well mine held after replacing the tape I'm more inclined to try for the perfect no leak fit dry in the future. That said the one that leaked only a bit did seal up and has ridden and held air just fine.

Different thread but liking the DHF / DHRII set up. Not sure if I'm getting quite as much cornering bite on loose dry as my last set of vigalantes, but they ride damn well and roll better I think. Would like to test new vs new some time. Seem a bit thinner than the WTBs despite both being 2.3s.